Topics getting bogged down

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Topics getting bogged down

Post by Cjay »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:56 pm Well, you’ve confused the hell out of me Cjay - sticky what ?? ? 🤔

I really don’t see what is confusing about the current idea of having a thread for each PL club. It keeps everything nicely compartmentalised under the umbrella of each club. When separate threads relating to that club are started (eg the recent appointment of Conte at Spurs) the thread is merged under the ‘club’ thread.

Let’s face it most people probably only look at page 1 and there’s never more than 2 (3 at a push) other club threads on the first page.

It tends to be the same threads that occupy page 1 position as they are the ones that members contribute to most frequently.

However, as 64 has said something for the Mods to discuss 👍
A sticky index :)

So a thread called simply "Forum index" that is permanent at the top of the forum same as the injury, squad, u23 and stats thread.

And then in that thread it contains in the opening post a list of sub titles representing different topics.

So one for competitions for example which would contain links to the various competitions.

Another thread that contains all the general interests topics, music, film, tv, news items etc.

Abother thread for general sport threads.

Another for Leeds united stuff and match day stuff

And another for general non LUFC football which woild contain links to all the individual club threads and things like that

So all the sub indexs in the main forum index thread would be updated as and when with each new thread given a section to go in.

And slowly as threads die they are removed so it doesnt become clogged

Just think it would help navigate the forum and maybe attract new members as atm it is easy to lose a thread and it may be discouraging to new members trying to navigate if they are struggling to find a specific thread and instead they join the other forum and see what Emma has done today.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SaraM wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:44 pm On the other hand, my Random Musings general chat thread has over 1300 pages. That's something we don't have here.
Gotta link? Don't think I've seen that!!

Not sure random musings would work here
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:16 pm Can you ‘muse’ on two sites though Sara ?
Ooh, that's a tricky question, I'll have to muse on it.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Cjay wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:24 pm A sticky index :)

So a thread called simply "Forum index" that is permanent at the top of the forum same as the injury, squad, u23 and stats thread.

And then in that thread it contains in the opening post a list of sub titles representing different topics.

So one for competitions for example which would contain links to the various competitions.

Another thread that contains all the general interests topics, music, film, tv, news items etc.

Abother thread for general sport threads.

Another for Leeds united stuff and match day stuff

And another for general non LUFC football which woild contain links to all the individual club threads and things like that

So all the sub indexs in the main forum index thread would be updated as and when with each new thread given a section to go in.

And slowly as threads die they are removed so it doesnt become clogged

Just think it would help navigate the forum and maybe attract new members as atm it is easy to lose a thread and it may be discouraging to new members trying to navigate if they are struggling to find a specific thread and instead they join the other forum and see what Emma has done today.

I'll have a think how that might work without clogging up the top of the board. Might need a fair bit of manual curation too.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Did we lose some threads, can't find the WH or So'ton MOTM threads...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:23 pm Did we lose some threads, can't find the WH or So'ton MOTM threads...
On the Predictions Forum mate

Southampton 14 topic down the front page

West Ham 20 down
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Ahh, that's why I can't find them...
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:50 pm I'll have a think how that might work without clogging up the top of the board. Might need a fair bit of manual curation too.
1 extra sticky thread wouldn't clog up the board?

It would take much work to get the sub sections organised and updated though true.

But it would give the forum a more organised feel Shirley?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Cjay wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:29 pm 1 extra sticky thread wouldn't clog up the board?

It would take much work to get the sub sections organised and updated though true.

But it would give the forum a more organised feel Shirley?

Yeah I see your point re organisation, and don't call me Shirley.