Thanksgiving

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Thanksgiving

Post by John in Louisiana »

I know Thanksgiving is not celebrated in the UK the way it is here in the USA, but today is Thanksgiving Day over here.

When I think about the things for which I am thankful, Leeds United is near the top of the list, and not for the team itself (which I love dearly).

Mostly I am thankful for the way the team has allowed me to feel part of a family with members all over the world. I honestly believe there is no family, centered around a football club, that can match the Leeds family. We enjoy a camaraderie, both with the club and with one another, that no other club or group of supporters can match.

So today, along with all the other wonderful things in my life, I give thanks for Leeds United and for all of you here on this page. I think of you all as my friends and I hope you think of me the same way.

If you ever come to the States I'd love to take you to a St Louis Cardinals game and show you why baseball is superior to cricket. :-D
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Thanksgiving

Post by 1964white »

Happy Thanksgiving Day, John
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Happy thanks giving John
I hope it doesn't catch on here
That trick or treat carry on has
It used to be a turnip here.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

John in Louisiana wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:31 pm I know Thanksgiving is not celebrated in the UK the way it is here in the USA, but today is Thanksgiving Day over here.

When I think about the things for which I am thankful, Leeds United is near the top of the list, and not for the team itself (which I love dearly).

Mostly I am thankful for the way the team has allowed me to feel part of a family with members all over the world. I honestly believe there is no family, centered around a football club, that can match the Leeds family. We enjoy a camaraderie, both with the club and with one another, that no other club or group of supporters can match.

So today, along with all the other wonderful things in my life, I give thanks for Leeds United and for all of you here on this page. I think of you all as my friends and I hope you think of me the same way.

If you ever come to the States I'd love to take you to a St Louis Cardinals game and show you why baseball is superior to cricket. :-D
Happy Thanksgiving John :tup:

🦃 Gobble gobble :)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Happy Thanksgiving, lest hope Dallas are in a generous mood ....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

John in Louisiana wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:31 pm I know Thanksgiving is not celebrated in the UK the way it is here in the USA, but today is Thanksgiving Day over here.

Been superior for about 5 years now .... The game has been wrecked here beyond recognition, bit like if Baseball cut innings to 5 and bought the boundaries in 20 yards

May Baseball exist has it has for years to come. Truly great sport
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

faaip wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:19 pm Happy Thanksgiving, lest hope Dallas are in a generous mood ....
They are up here 35% off before Xmas on all flooring
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

All t; best John, I ventured down to New Orleans once or twice whilst going offshore in t' gulf, may be back in a couple of years, the Mrs would love to visit Bourbon Street and sample the great eclectic music I witnessed.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

Great sentiments John. Hope you had a top time.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

IMG_20211126_105531.jpg
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Happy belated John and what lovely words regarding your Leeds United Family...
A question. Do you make the fabulous gravy with bacon and sausages in the recipe?
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:58 am Happy belated John and what lovely words regarding your Leeds United Family...
A question. Do you make the fabulous gravy with bacon and sausages in the recipe?
No, Swannie, the gravy is made with pan drippings, seasonings, and some flour.

The dressing was made with corn bread, sweet Italian sausage, walnuts, and dried cranberries.

The mashed potatoes were made with potatoes.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Dallas were in a generous mood...well the Zebra's were
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

faaip wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:02 pm Dallas were in a generous mood...well the Zebra's were
Sure I saw a clip earlier of one those 🦓 going A over T whilst running down the sideline after some guy who ran the length of the pitch.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Pollard ...
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Good game though, the return of DJax, 35 and still taking the top off defences