Whats gone wrong . .

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
rab_rant

Re: Whats gone wrong . .

Post by rab_rant »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:27 pm
Certainly nothing that could be described as vitriolic!
well lets say death by a thousand cuts
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

rab_rant wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:08 pm well lets say death by a thousand cuts
If we don't get any points in next 2 matches, you might just get some "vitriolic" posts.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

weasel wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:10 pm He has stayed at Leeds longer than anywhere and for me that has been largely due to how te fans have taken to him. He has felt understood and loved, he has felt wanted. If he read this forum, or others or picked up on some of the vitriol being bandied around at present would he still feel that way? If he felt like the fans didn't want him here then I definitely feel he would simply walk away. He has left clubs before when the club hasn't been behind him.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Probably more accurate.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Should also be remembered that despite the concern and discussion on this forum their is no "Bielsa out" thread.

It hasn't even been suggested.

2 wins in 13 is very poor and many fans would call for a sacking based on that form (managers have been sacked all over the football World for better).

So I actually would disagree with the vitriol accusations and Bielsa would walk away, I think he would actually appreciate this fact as he has been in football long enough to know that he could easily be sacked for that sort of form and fans could have easily turned on him by now in a far worse way than they have.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Also it's well reported Bielsa has his staff translate all manner of things for him to read.

It isn't beyond the realm of possibility that he indeed does read this forum ir at the very least someone does for him.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

MOT Forum is relatively calm in comparison to the majority of Leeds sites & other football clubs in general to be honest.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:42 pm MOT Forum is relatively calm in comparison to the majority of Leeds sites & other football clubs in general to be honest.
Is that your way of saying that we're a lovely lot on here :-D
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:56 pm Is that your way of saying that we're a lovely lot on here :-D
Very much so, Swannie, fantastic bunch of Leeds fans on here :tup:
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

Cjay wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:29 pm Should also be remembered that despite the concern and discussion on this forum their is no "Bielsa out" thread.

It hasn't even been suggested.

2 wins in 13 is very poor and many fans would call for a sacking based on that form (managers have been sacked all over the football World for better).

So I actually would disagree with the vitriol accusations and Bielsa would walk away, I think he would actually appreciate this fact as he has been in football long enough to know that he could easily be sacked for that sort of form and fans could have easily turned on him by now in a far worse way than they have.
👏👏👏
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

This is certainly the most balanced forum I’ve read.

One some forums I’ve visited,the swear box would be the size of a container. Usually one line comments with no actual content. “ He’s crap sack him” is as informative as it sometimes gets.

It’s why I came ( late ! ) to this site.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

VinnysTattoo wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:59 am This is certainly the most balanced forum I’ve read.

One some forums I’ve visited,the swear box would be the size of a container. Usually one line comments with no actual content. “ He’s crap sack him” is as informative as it sometimes gets.

It’s why I came ( late ! ) to this site.
And you are very welcome, Vinny.

Nothing wrong with constructive criticism.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

1964white wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:42 pm MOT Forum is relatively calm in comparison to the majority of Leeds sites & other football clubs in general to be honest.
I was listening to the Monday Night Club on 5Live yesterday evening and the first topic of debate was Everton.

They had a bloke on there from an Everton supporters group/fanzine (or the such like) and whilst he wisely, on BBC radio, didn’t lapse into sweary Mary tones the pure vitriol he (and claimed most EFC supporters) had for not just Rafa B, but also the entire club hierarchy - D of F, owner etc….was at a level that has never ever been approached here……….and don’t forget these are comments made in respect of a team which over the last 2 or 3 seasons have had the 6th biggest net transfer spend in the whole of Europe……..not just the PL.

Given the owner has ploughed in north of 500million he must be than a little miffed that the supporters are firing bullets at him. Trouble is they’ve spent very unwisely indeed - paying inflated prices and buying individuals when there is no idea of a team structure and how those players would fit into it.

Some on here have had pop shots at Victor, Radz and more recently MB, but nothing near approaching this guy last night. It was inevitable that Rafa would never win over all the Evertonians, given his former Red connections and there is probably a sense of entitlement amongst their fan base having never been relegated from the top tier, but even so.

So listening to that it did make me think that on the whole the Leeds supporter base (and this forum in particular) is very measured in understanding where we are and the reasons for our current dip in form.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:56 pm Is that your way of saying that we're a lovely lot on here :-D
He is right though , said before and say again , I stopped going on toxic Squareball due to witch hunts they have on there and some really vile characters , still populating the place .I wasn't involved with any of it , but it really isn't a nice place ......they are either down someone's throat or crawling up their arses and no in-between .
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:03 am I was listening to the Monday Night Club on 5Live yesterday evening and the first topic of debate was Everton.

They had a bloke on there from an Everton supporters group/fanzine (or the such like) and whilst he wisely, on BBC radio, didn’t lapse into sweary Mary tones the pure vitriol he (and claimed most EFC supporters) had for not just Rafa B, but also the entire club hierarchy - D of F, owner etc….was at a level that has never ever been approached here……….and don’t forget these are comments made in respect of a team which over the last 2 or 3 seasons have had the 6th biggest net transfer spend in the whole of Europe……..not just the PL.

Given the owner has ploughed in north of 500million he must be than a little miffed that the supporters are firing bullets at him. Trouble is they’ve spent very unwisely indeed - paying inflated prices and buying individuals when there is no idea of a team structure and how those players would fit into it.

Some on here have had pop shots at Victor, Radz and more recently MB, but nothing near approaching this guy last night. It was inevitable that Rafa would never win over all the Evertonians, given his former Red connections and there is probably a sense of entitlement amongst their fan base having never been relegated from the top tier, but even so.

So listening to that it did make me think that on the whole the Leeds supporter base (and this forum in particular) is very measured in understanding where we are and the reasons for our current dip in form.
Compared to the dark side, we are angels on here.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Clacton White wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:54 am He is right though , said before and say again , I stopped going on toxic Squareball due to witch hunts they have on there and some really vile characters , still populating the place .I wasn't involved with any of it , but it really isn't a nice place ......they are either down someone's throat or crawling up their arses and no in-between .
Thanks Clacton, we're not so bad after all, contrary to some opinions.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:03 am I was listening to the Monday Night Club on 5Live yesterday evening and the first topic of debate was Everton.

Everton fans unhappy with Benetiz & their team on their Grand Old Team forum.

Misery keeps forums busy :lol:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Well put Rab, as usual.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:10 pm Fans are always going to question his decisions, especially the ludicrous changes last weekend.

Bielsa is honest enough to admit he has made mistakes of late & shouldering the blame on himself as the great man does.
I'm not against fans questioning the decisions, I'd have loved to have seen Joe start again and I don't think Bielsa has any problem with fans questioning decisions. We have often seen him explaining things, shouldering up to responsiblity etc. It is more the continued questioning as if fans don't understand Bielsa's methods at all. The round pegs thing a classic example yet from day 1 Bielsa has done this and it has made players better through it, increased their understanding, made it easier for us to play fast flowing football as the players know other player's roles, know what runs they will be amking, know what positions to get into etc when we lose the ball.

For me it wasn't just the Bielsa 'love' that made him stay longer. I think it was that he felt the fans were on the same wavelength as Bielsa, we could see why he was doign things, we loved him making the players tidy up the rubbish - would KP etc be too big to clean up rubbish now?

He felt wanted, he felt understood. It was a perfect fit. If he doesn't feel wanted then is he really going to stick around in a different country away from his family? He certainly wouldn't stick around for the money, he has shown that repeatedly throughout his career.

He doesn't owe us anything, we were a mid level championship team when he took over with a squad of players with little value. If he doesn't deserve our support then I despair.
WestgateRun
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by WestgateRun »

Bielsa has managed Argentina. A few people moaning on forums won't affect him.