Leeds Utd 1-0 Crystal Palace Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds Utd v Crystal Palace Match Thread - Struijk, Roberts and Klich start for Leeds

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:19 am That was a good move by Bielsa rab
Tbh, Roberts wasn't as bad as some are portraying on here.

He worked his socks off in the second-half, precious little service, particularly in the first-half.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Crystal Palace Match Thread - Struijk, Roberts and Klich start for Leeds

Post by Chilli D »

rab_rant wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:24 am Now here's a thought for the match day thread. Everyone should pick one player to follow, and concentrate and report on the good moves that are made. Ignore the mistakes that are made

Cjay could follow Roberts and report on his runs off the ball and his hold up play, as well as his dribbling skills.

BGwhite could comment on the skill of Cooper and his diagonal long ball passing, together with his prowness in defense and his hard tackling.

SG90 could concentrate on the Firpo James
silky combination skills and their blossoming partnership.

Just imagine a matchday thread that is only filled with positive comments, concentrating on the good rather than the bad. We are so quick to jump on the mistakes, yet so tardy and giving praise for a good move.

The revolution starts here.
If we're going with this idea, then faaip should definitely have Roberts.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white

Re: Leeds Utd 1-0 Crystal Palace Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

Well, that was hard work.

First ten minutes was frantic, then Palace started to get a grip of the game, they had far too much play in & around our box as we struggle to retain the ball or get out of our own half.

The changes after the break with Firpo & Rodrigo on gave us a bit more of foothold on the game. After yet another dodgy start Firpo grew into the game, however he had no fast winger running at him. Very disappointed with Rodrigo, can't believe he is supposedly a £27m forward.

Always said we should go down the West Ham/England route by playing two defensive midfielders & it's working a treat, with the impressive Forshaw & Phillips putting in a real shift.

Was concerned when Palace brought on their beast upfront & my worries were confirmed as Benteke went close twice with Meslier saving on the line (I was waiting for the ref to point to the halfway line) as I watched from the other end and how he missed a free header at the back post, god only knows.

We kept going to the bitter end & eventually got our just reward as the fans chanted VAR to Kevin Friend. Raphinha's cool finish sent the fans wild, sheer manic in the kop. Massive relief to get the three points :victor:
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

BGwhite could comment on the skill of Cooper and his diagonal long ball passing, together with his prowness in defense and his hard tackling.

Shouldn't take up too much of my time then

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

BGwhite wrote:BGwhite could comment on the skill of Cooper and his diagonal long ball passing, together with his prowness in defense and his hard tackling.

Shouldn't take up too much of my time then Image

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
Silence is golden

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Watching a re-run of the game on Amazon now
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

So we should only comment on good things !!!!
Can't use contsructive criticism !!!!
Nah, I'll stick to telling t' truth no matter who agrees/disagrees.
When I laked football, I never went into a sulk when my team-mates criticised me when I wasn't up to my usual standards so why would a professional ??
If I don't "see a footballer "in Roberts, I'll say so, same as any other player, when Roberts does well, I'll admit it, I won't however give hime "special praise", thats his flaming job isn't it ???
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

rab_rant wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:24 am
Cjay could follow Roberts and report on his runs off the ball and his hold up play, as well as his dribbling skills.
Why? What have i ever done to you to cause such a cruel job suggestion? :(
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

I actually thought Roberts did ok.

Worked hard, held the ball up on occasion, put a shift in.

Not as threatening as Gelhardt was vs Spurs (Roberts never looked like scoring truth be told) but the gritty stuff was fine.

So obviously he will be dropped now and not play for 2 games? Thats how it works right? :duno:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Cjay wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:47 pm Why? What have i ever done to you to cause such a cruel job suggestion? :(

I think you need to check into a re-education camp for a course on thought realinment 😘😍 and the first step to recovery would be to make an analysis of the good things you have seen at Leeds over the past few years. It would be the first step in your rehabilitation. If Forshaw can do it so can you. There is hope.

You are a talented writer with many incisive arguments, that only need to be channeled to a more positive direction👍👌
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

1964white wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:16 am Tbh, Roberts wasn't as bad as some are portraying on here.

He worked his socks off in the second-half, precious little service, particularly in the first-half.
He did indeed work hard but isn't that a prerequisite of a pro footballer. Still unconvinced by him.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

How refreshing to have the majority of players in position they are more comfortable in. Pascal looked out of his comfort zone. Centreback isn't he🤔