The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 30th November) - Leeds linked with Brazilian striker

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 30th November) - Leeds linked with Brazilian striker

Post by Scoobychief »

I wonder how many we will be linked with between now and end of Janaury?.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 30th November) - Leeds linked with Brazilian striker

Post by 1964white »

Carrick Dave wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:25 pm You don't reckon there's any truth in the Orkun Kökcü rumours then Leon? I was watching for O'Brien last few weeks on the highlights and he doesn't look like a PL midfielder.

Reports too that West Ham have offered around £20m for Arthur Cabral.
I never trust rumours, Davy.

I don't think we were linked with Meslier, Llorente, Koch, Rodrigo or Raphinha at any time.

With James, we nearly signed until the move broke down, went back for him when he became available, similar with O'Brien showing interest in him in the summer, I reckon we'll go back for him. Remember, Bielsa has the habits of a cat.

I'd prefer us to sign John Swift, but that might be a tenuous link.

If the Cabral/West Ham is true, I suspect he'd sign for the Hammers above us, as they can offer him European football.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Yes please to Arthur Cabral :love:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Agreed yes to Cabral, looks a quality footballer and we need better the Paddy for sure. Paddy looks the perfect bench striker.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

For us to sign Cabral one of the 18 has to go.

We know how Bielsa works (we aren't signing Cabral)

Phil Hay dismissed this the first time it came up
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Hard to say with Arthur Cabral; his record (albeit in the Swiss league) speaks for itself, and clinical is clinical at the end of the day. Agree with others that we need the attacking midfield spot sorted first (should Forshaw stay fit- we have DM covered), but if we could pull in a decent creative midfielder as well as Cabral, I'd say that is a successful window. Not sure what it would mean for Gelhardt though, who I do think deserves more minutes (but maybe Bielsa is looking at him as his FA Cup striker). If someone has to go, then perhaps Tyler on loan for half a season?

As for Hammers and Cabral, he may be cup tied for European games if he's played for Basel in Europe already?