The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 1st December) Late drama at Elland Road

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 1st December) Late drama at Elland Road

Post by VinnysTattoo »

Agree with Cjay on this.

Could this be the reason why Gelhardt doesn’t get a decent opportunity? When the running monster that is Bamford is back, he’ll be lucky to make the bench.

It’ll be a crying shame if we lose the great potential the young lad has.
rab_rant

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 1st December) Late drama at Elland Road

Post by rab_rant »

BGwhite wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:52 pm Yes those are great memories but I'm more concerned about now and the future which is much more important. The 70's were great though eh.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
Marcelo says what he likes to see.

Grit determination perseverance, qualities that he extols and in the past have brought glorious results.

Would you prefer an insipid team who drops their head at the least adversity. I don't... I want a team full of running an pressing. That turns the screw so hard on the other team that their legs are leaden lumps, and they are blowing out their arses before full time.

Mistakes will come as well as opportunities if you run the opposing team off the pitch.

It shows our resilience and a mental toughness to be able to run for extended periods of time.

yet the very thing that Bielsa extols those are the things that you like to diminish... just another cut into his character.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

"I really believe we were the better team tonight."

- Patrick Viera

What game was he watching?

CP had 38% possession, nine shots to Leeds' 15, only one of which was on target. Four corners to Leeds' seven.

And zero goals to Leeds' one.

I understand trying to give your lads a boost, but lie to yourself often enough and pretty soon you begin to believe yourself.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ratscoot wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:27 am Morning EB et all

Still buzzing from last night, feel like a massive weight off our combined shoulders, hopefully this gives us all a bust and we go into the Brentford game with loads of confidence.

I'd like to add my heart well thanks to the crowd who last night who sang throughout and helped the team across the line :clap: :clap:
Were you there last night Rat?

Our fans were superb once again :tup: contrary to what some on here say that we have a negative effect on our team :roll:

We are the best fans in the PL by a long way.
Ratscoot wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:27 am I'd like to put on record here how much I dislike Zaha a really top player with skill, speed and athleticism but what a cheating, whining, horrible man he is. He loves to give it out and is always verbal with the opposition and refs but goes mental if a decision goes against him even if its correct. Over the last few years (since he become St Zaha of the Palace with the media) he's untouchable, refs are scared of giving anything against him, if I was a ref I'd march him over to the monitor and make them replay the incident and say that's why its a free kick and you got a yellow and here's a second for making me have to do this now f' off. Sorry rant over :)
Dallas had Zaha in his pocket for much of the game :-D
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:31 pm
This is hilarious. Poor Shez
Great stuff :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:35 am Good and clever management to single out Roberts for praise after the brickbats he’s been getting a lately, well done Marcelo.
I did say Roberts was decent in the second-half, nice to hear MB thought the same.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:14 pm
Our fans were superb once again :tup: contrary to what some on here say that we have a negative effect on our team :roll:

We are the best fans in the PL by a long way.
Saying the players may struggle because of the fans isn't a criticism of the fans it is merely a fact that the best form under Bielsa has been behind closed doors, this is a fact.

And maybe at times the pressure of the fans being their impacts the players.

And I do think Bamford for example has really struggled with the pressure of playing in front of fans here for example.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:24 pm Saying the players may struggle because of the fans isn't a criticism of the fans it is merely a fact that the best form under Bielsa has been behind closed doors, this is a fact.

And maybe at times the pressure of the fans being their impacts the players.

And I do think Bamford for example has really struggled with the pressure of playing in front of fans here for example.
Different seasons, different problems.

We've lost two games at ER in front of capacity crowds vs a rampant Liverpool team & a very good West Ham side who were fortunate to gain their victory, had we not gone gung-ho in the last minute we'd have earned a point v the hammers.

Our support has spurred the lads on, particularly v Wolves & Palace last night.

You have to be there to experience the noise & atmosphere, compared to the majority of PL's home support we are in a different league.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Viera is wrong about CP being the better team, though hard to argue their chances weren't on a par with ours.

Dallas was a beast last night, and plaudits to Forshaw as well. Loved how Dallas embraced the physical battle he had with Zaha, and clear to us that a back-to-best Dallas is key to our success again this term.

Also feel it's fair to highlight why running is important to this team and the way it plays (yes we do also need to be clinical, but), I'd put decent money on Crystal Palace losing their next game after being run into the ground by us. It happens so often with teams after they've played us, whether they have won or not, they nearly always falter in their following game. You cannot underestimate how important that will be for us this season playing teams around us, that they drop points in the next game.

Feeling a lot better about things today after watching the desire and attitude of everyone involved yesterday. Pick up 3 points against the Bees and I'll feel OK about the tough run of fixtures coming up, especially with more returns from injury. Hopefully Struijk is OK as we're going to need him.

Special shout-out to the fans last night who were tremendous and got behind MB and the lads.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Few bits of LUFC news/gossip.

1) Angus Kinnear was criticised by Gary Neville for his views on the football reforms proposed by Tracey Crouch (unsurprisingly other Premier league executives have also criticised elements) .

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.york ... =operanews

They are wrong, Kinnear and Co, letting self interest get in the way (doesn't surprise me with Kinnear tbh).

2) Leeds United FC have condemned homopphobic chanting directed at Connor Gallagher on Tuesday night.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skyspo ... midfielder

3) Reliable Journalist and all round good egg Phil Hay has for the first time said that in his opinion we are witnessing the final months of the Marcelo Bielsa era.

He has expressed his view that this will be the Argentinian icons last season on Yorkshire

https://motleedsnews.com/news/marcelo-b ... -phil-hay/
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

John in Louisiana wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:37 pm "I really believe we were the better team tonight."

- Patrick Viera

CP had 38% possession, nine shots to Leeds' 15, only one of which was on target. Four corners to Leeds' seven.

I understand trying to give your lads a boost, but lie to yourself often enough and pretty soon you begin to believe yourself.
And they time wasted, blatantly. At 0-0 they slowed the game down, feigned injury, and other time wasting tactics. If your on top you don't play like you're scared of the other team

Only had one clear cut chance for me, the mis-hit shot that Meslier had to turn and grab off the line.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:21 pm And they time wasted, blatantly. At 0-0 they slowed the game down, feigned injury, and other time wasting tactics. If your on top you don't play like you're scared of the other team

Only had one clear cut chance for me, the mis-hit shot that Meslier had to turn and grab off the line.
And the Benteke header at the back post, he should have buried it.

A sigh of relief from the Leeds fans when he missed that one, the South Stand jeered him of course!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:40 pm And the Benteke header at the back post, he should have buried it.

A sigh of relief from the Leeds fans when he missed that one, the South Stand jeered him of course!
Nah he was a yard past the goal on a narrow angle. Meslier had the near post covered and he'd have had to have headed the ball back across the goal, very very difficult chance. Near post was his only option really and Meslier would have saved
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

John in Louisiana wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:37 pm "I really believe we were the better team tonight."

- Patrick Viera

It happens all the time John.
Managers always state they were the better team when clearly they weren't.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Late drama at Elland Road.

The best time to win a game. Fancy a big lump like Benteke missing that sitter. He was once a £30m player apparently. It was like watching Mark King the snooker player. Tidy in parts, littered with bits of flair but ultimately he never gets over the line due to his cutting edge.

We were the better side tonight - Viera.

Does this qualify for conformation bias? We were the better side second half without creating much on target.

Special praise for Roberts.

If we draw that game no one talks about special praise for Tyler. I used to mark Bamford lowish scores when he didn't score. Ultimately putting the ball in the net is all a striker is remembered for. He will be there against Brentford and he's due a goal.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Roberts ain't a striker though, no more is James. They both just happened to have found themselves playing there at times. We haven't played with a striker for a while
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

1964white wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:14 pm Were you there last night Rat?

We are the best fans in the PL by a long way.j

Dallas had Zaha in his pocket for much of the game :-D
Hi Leon I was in the middle lower of the South Stand, my first live game this season brilliant, bloody cold but what a great night MOT
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ratscoot wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:28 pm Hi Leon I was in the middle lower of the South Stand, my first live game this season brilliant, bloody cold but what a great night MOT
Much warmer where I stand, about ten rows from the back of the kop, it can be cold in the South Stand.

I felt for the fans in East Stand, the wind blows the rain into the ES when weather conditions are poor!

Glad you enjoyed the game, great atmosphere throughout, although the game was tense at time, our fans raised the roof when Raphinha netted the penalty :lol: great celebrations at the end :scar1
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

North East upper
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Opposition fans applaud the impact of our support yet again.

From a Palace fan
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-12-04 22.09.47.png