Leeds Utd v Brentford Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Aussieleeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: Leeds Utd v Brentford Match Thread

Post by Aussieleeds »

rab_rant wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:15 pm It was quite illuminating to observe the ebb and flow of the comments during the game.

When we we winning there was a deathly silence and an absence of moaning.

We go behind, and all of a sudden there is a spate of comments condemning our play, suddenly everyone has found a voice. Attacking our players and the desisions of the manager... almost pleased that the dire predictions are coming true.
Yep. My favourite takeaway from the thread is fans calling our team “gutless” when we have taken the lead after our captain gets injured and then come back to equalise when our most influential leader is also off the park. Special.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:19 pm If that is the case then that's even worse.

You can't act like that towards your own fans in a position like he is in, it's so unprofessional.

You don't see other DOF's or football executives doing that.

Ed Woodward got far worse from Manure fans in the past as did Karen Brady and them at Wet Spam, you didn't see them trying to fight their own fans.

If he can't take criticism he should be better at his job or find a new career.
I did say I was guessing Cjay, hopefully the truth is revealed this week & apologies from both parties involved as the circumstances appeared very unsavoury.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

If a cb gets injured and you have a cb on the bench then logically you replace one with the other.

If Bielsa doesn't feel Cresswell is good enough for that then he shouldn't be on the bench?

The club are always pushing the u23 team as this great success but the manager quite obviously doesn't rate them.

It's all very odd mixed messages.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:38 pm I did say I was guessing Cjay, hopefully the truth is revealed this week & apologies from both parties involved as the circumstances appeared very unsavoury.
I'd suggest you are probably correct it was our fans.

Can't see why the Brentford fans would upset him that much but our fans angry about how that game was unfolding,definitely

This has garnered to much attention for the club to ignore it imo.
Signed

King Cjay

Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Apparently Orta lost it when Bamford scored in the 95th minute and a visibly annoyed Leeds fan said "f**k, and one of his pet projects too, that will please the happy clappers"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Good game from Leeds, not read anything here since before KO, but we dominated, got kicked in the balls after Phillips went down in the only 5 minutes Brentford bothered to play football then came back bravely to force a well deserved point.. Roberts stood out, Raph was Raph, Ayling captained superbly I thought, standing up for his players, twice in the box with great headers and Paddy did what Paddy can do..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

rab_rant wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:14 pm Lets just say there is a fight between Light and Dark in the comments section

There is a crack in everything
that is how the Light gets in
Rumi, The wound is where the light gets in.

I would say in reference to light and dark, negative/positive comments, I never quite see it that way. They are just merely views/opinions and our interpretation of their significance, is what causes us to feel disturbed.
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

Mountain wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:25 pm Apparently Orta lost it when Bamford scored in the 95th minute and a visibly annoyed Leeds fan said "f**k, and one of his pet projects too, that will please the happy clappers"
Such a drama, the fan must have been well intimidated by a guy wearing a Paddington Bear jacket and some dodgy specs.
rondownunder
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by rondownunder »

I think our fans have every right to condemn the sort of defending and loss of possession we witness from our back players each week. Canos loves playing Leeds and duly punished us. With Bamford up top in the first half when fit you'd like to think we go in 3 nil to the good and the game is ours. Dan James falling over is not helping us nor him in the final third. Delighted for Paddy's confidence to come home at home and poke the winner in. We need him believing in himself if we are to take anything from the next run of games.
rondownunder
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by rondownunder »

Cjay wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:44 pm If a cb gets injured and you have a cb on the bench then logically you replace one with the other.

If Bielsa doesn't feel Cresswell is good enough for that then he shouldn't be on the bench?

The club are always pushing the u23 team as this great success but the manager quite obviously doesn't rate them.

Totally agree re. Cresswell. I will sleep better at night if Cresswell replaces Cooper.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

rondownunder wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:44 pm Delighted for Paddy's confidence to come home at home and poke the winner in. We need him believing in himself if we are to take anything from the next run of games.
It's a big plus for me. Not that Leeds scored in the 95th minute, but that Bamford scored in the 95th minute. He is crucial, we don't just need him fit, we need him fit and confident.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Mountain wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:25 pm Apparently Orta lost it when Bamford scored in the 95th minute and a visibly annoyed Leeds fan said "f**k, and one of his pet projects too, that will please the happy clappers"
:lol: :lol:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Suspected it would be something like this.

Whilst can understand the urge to respond it's not really acceptable for an executive of a multi million pound business to behave like that to one of the people who helps pay his wages.

Also snatching a point at the death is hardly proving whatever point Orta is trying to make.

He has had a lot of praise last few years VO, he needs to accept the justified criticism better imo.

Say all this on the assumption it was a football related argument along the lines of "your signings are crap" or "where is the cm" etc.

If it got more personal towards Orta then I take all this back.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Good for Orta... Of course it got personal..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Not sure I'd find much praise for VO on here over 5 years.. A few of us in a small minority maybe
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

1964white wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:38 pm I did say I was guessing Cjay, hopefully the truth is revealed this week & apologies from both parties involved as the circumstances appeared very unsavoury.
According to Daily Record:

Furious Leeds United director of football Victor Orta made a beeline for the Brentford board after watching his side snatch a late equaliser.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Cjay wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:48 pm
Suspected it would be something like this.

Whilst can understand the urge to respond it's not really acceptable for an executive of a multi million pound business to behave like that to one of the people who helps pay his wages.

Also snatching a point at the death is hardly proving whatever point Orta is trying to make.

He has had a lot of praise last few years VO, he needs to accept the justified criticism better imo.

Say all this on the assumption it was a football related argument along the lines of "your signings are crap" or "where is the cm" etc.

If it got more personal towards Orta then I take all this back.
IMG_20211206_105749.jpg
I cannot condone the behavior of a Victor Orta which was akin to the performance art of Abbie Hoffman at the trial of the Chicago seven.

Hoffman wearing judges robes was a clear contempt of court, and Orta wearing that Paddington bear duffle coat was showing disdain for our British heritage and traditions.

Duffle coats are a well respected symbol of the Oxbridge elite and that a bespectled trumped up Spaniard should deign to wear such garment in public and shout profanities is a disgrace.

I will be writing to my MP to raise this question in parliment as to how a foreigner is allowed to wear a duffle coat in publc and bring such an icon of British sartorial elegance into disrepute.

Disgruntled Tunbridge Wells
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Cjay wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:44 pm If a cb gets injured and you have a cb on the bench then logically you replace one with the other.

Cresswell was excellent against West Ham and is a regular in the England U21's squad nowadays.
It was a strange substitution to say the least.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:30 pm Good game from Leeds, not read anything here since before KO, but we dominated, got kicked in the balls after Phillips went down in the only 5 minutes Brentford bothered to play football then came back bravely to force a well deserved point.. Roberts stood out, Raph was Raph, Ayling captained superbly I thought, standing up for his players, twice in the box with great headers and Paddy did what Paddy can do..
Welcome to this thread faaip!