Summer 2022 transfer speculation and squad discussion

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Summer 2022 transfer speculation and squad discussion

Post by Cjay »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:36 pm You mentioned wages before or someone did. Also his injury record. But under Marsch he could be good and ready to work hard with a WC on the horizon.
Wages are an issue so is his injury record (although we love an injury prone player).

Would need a lot of compromise between us Chelsea and Pulisic.

But possible?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:43 pm Hard to believe he is still so young.

Money would be a stumbling block

Loan deal maybe but with his contract needing renewing I doubt that is workable.

His wages are £7M a year
Was surprised by his age to, felt like he was 26/27 because he seems to have been around for ages but then again he made his debut at 18.

A loan possible perhaps with an obligation to buy?

May interest Chelsea because the chances of him signing a new deal seem remote and he is in his final 2 years?

We agree to pay his wages with say a £30-40mil obligation if certain conditions are met regarding fitness and games played ?

It would be a risk for us to given his injury record? Gets him of there wage bill for 12months?

Probably would require Pulisic to agree a wage cut, Rodders is apparently our highest earner on £100k so offer Pulisic that with some incentives?

Goal bonuses etc?

Would need all sides to compromise Undoubtedly but it's not the craziest idea

And from our boards point of view I would imagine having the golden boy of the USA national team here would open up more financial benefits for us.

Lot of commercial benefits for us, marketing etc.

In theory a player of his reputation combined with Aaronson and Adams could bring in many millions in the USA market and that would help pay his wages.
Signed

King Cjay

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:32 pm Was surprised by his age to, felt like he was 26/27 because he seems to have been around for ages but then again he made his debut at 18.

A loan possible perhaps with an obligation to buy?

May interest Chelsea because the chances of him signing a new deal seem remote and he is in his final 2 years?

We agree to pay his wages with say a £30-40mil obligation if certain conditions are met regarding fitness and games played ?

It would be a risk for us to given his injury record? Gets him of there wage bill for 12months?

Probably would require Pulisic to agree a wage cut, Rodders is apparently our highest earner on £100k so offer Pulisic that with some incentives?

Goal bonuses etc?

Would need all sides to compromise Undoubtedly but it's not the craziest idea

And from our boards point of view I would imagine having the golden boy of the USA national team here would open up more financial benefits for us.

Lot of commercial benefits for us, marketing etc.

In theory a player of his reputation combined with Aaronson and Adams could bring in many millions in the USA market and that would help pay his wages.
Wages are the killer arent they?

As you said earlier if he wants to balance earnings against game time then he may need to take a cut.

But then again he may be of the stature that he would get selected for the National team in any case.

I want aware of his injury record either.

I do feel that if he wanted a loan move away from Chelsea their would be many suitors for him, Crystal Palace for example may be able to offer him the London lifestyle, Brighton too, Brentford too, West Ham as well.

But if Leeds could exploit the Jesse factor then he would indeed be a risk worth taking... look at how the South Americans took to us when we have the attraction of Raph and Bielsa. The difference is of course the North Americans are richer.

I will get in touch with Victor and express our views as I know he has you blocked ;-)
'We can wait for the next game with serenity' Marcelo Bielsa

'Would he kill his granny to win a match?' Bobby Collins

"Anyone need a hug? Jesse Marsch
andrewjohnsmith
Manager
Manager

Re: January 2022 transfer speculation and squad discussion

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Cjay wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:28 pm So last summer was a bust, wrong players, they may get better but not a chance we couldn't have got 2 technically better players than James and Firpo, 2 blokes who run a lot.

The fact we have made such a hash of the midfield for 4 transfer windows is shocking as well (although given Orta wanted to splash £20mil on Cuisance god knows what we will get).

One problem i see is any permanent transfer would want a vision.

What the owners are aiming for (we have an ownership dispute playing out in public with a Chairman ranting at journalists on twitter).

Where they would fit in the managers plans long term. We have a manager who only signs contracts for 12months and i think most people accept is very likely leaving at the end lf this one. So its hard to tell them that based on those factors.

Not to mention financial issues, we wasted a lot of money in the summer, we probably havent a huge amount left.

And of course our DOF is pretty awful at January transfers.

Ideguchi, De Bock, Forshaw, Roberts, Casilla, Bogusz, Caprille, Poveda, JKA.

Not one of them made a positive instant impact which is what we need now.

So not sure how this plays out.
As a counter argument, we can say that this summer's signings - without Bielsa's input or stubbornness - have been excellent. Adams and Aaronson have hit the ground running. Roca has looked decent. Rasmus shows signs of looking the part. And Sinisterra looks promising from his couple of bench appearances. Watching the reserves, Gyabi and Perkins look like they'll be really good players too.

So, I think we can have some confidence in our recruitment process given the last batch of signings.
We've been through it all together. And we've had our ups and downs
Nelson Silva
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Nelson Silva »

Pulisic was news a few days ago, Man U wanted thim, but he reject them...

His wages must be out of our league, and i dont see him getting a lower paycheck...

I think that we could bring a left foot winger, but we have Summerville and Leeds gave him the number 10 shirt... so idk...

Orta wont spend more money in this market...
Victor_Notts-17
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Victor_Notts-17 »

Nelson Silva wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:28 pm Orta wont spend more money in this market...
He's not spent anything in this one :lol: We've spent what we got in via sales. Saying that, £100m for a bench-warmer (Phillips) and a rotation-player (Raph) ain't bad business :P They would both have been starters here...
Guitar tech https://www.facebook.com/ngoneseven / guitarist / song writer / church leader / husband / father / grandfather / Leeds fan / postman...
Jaydog
Manager
Manager

Post by Jaydog »

Cjay wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:27 pm Wages are an issue so is his injury record (although we love an injury prone player).

Would need a lot of compromise between us Chelsea and Pulisic.

But possible?
We do :)
So Sunday didn’t help much then tbh. For compromise I mean.
I’d certainly like to see him with us. I think he’d bring some class. Probs not doable though
Nelson Silva
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Nelson Silva »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:38 pm He's not spent anything in this one :lol: We've spent what we got in via sales. Saying that, £100m for a bench-warmer (Phillips) and a rotation-player (Raph) ain't bad business :P They would both have been starters here...
Yeah but we probably dont have the total amount of money that came from raph and kalvin transfers...

Barcelona will pay us in september (or not) and city wont pay us the full amount like in one payment im sure...

Thats why we wont waste more money... and we really dont need any more players (in Orta´s mind)...
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Nelson Silva wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:29 pm Yeah but we probably dont have the total amount of money that came from raph and kalvin transfers...

Barcelona will pay us in september (or not) and city wont pay us the full amount like in one payment im sure...

Thats why we wont waste more money... and we really dont need any more players (in Orta´s mind)...
Aye, but any player purchase we make will also be structured in installments, so it's horse for courses. Most purchases are structured in such a way. Anyhow, I do agree that any more incomings are more unlikely than likely, though I won't apportion blame to anyone in particular if that becomes the case.
Nelson Silva
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Nelson Silva »

Lumiukko wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:18 pm Aye, but any player purchase we make will also be structured in installments, so it's horse for courses. Most purchases are structured in such a way. Anyhow, I do agree that any more incomings are more unlikely than likely, though I won't apportion blame to anyone in particular if that becomes the case.
I dont know...at first i was like we need a Lb and a Striker, now im ok with the team...

With Firpo and Dallas we have two good LB...Rodri been playing good as a CF...a lot of amazing kids...we got enough players...
BlackHillsPaul
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Tom Bogert (twitter @tombogert) is reporting on mlssoccer.com that Leeds United and a number of Liga MX clubs are tracking FC Cincinnati Striker Brandon Vasquez. Vasquez is a former USA youth international and is widely expected to get his first senior call up during the September international window. He has enjoyed a breakout season this term with 15 goals in 25 games. The 23 year old spent his first 3 professional seasons on the bench behind Joseph Martinez in Atlanta. This season has been his first chance to be a regular starter. Cincy just signed him to a long term extension and given him a raise. This is typical for MLS clubs looking to sell promising young players in the near future.

Vasquez is 6-2 and 196 lbs. He scores with both feet and his head. He can also pick a pass. I don't believe this is a transfer for this window. Bogert is reporting Leeds see him as a "long term target". Again, due to the difference in the MLS season I don't see this happening before January. It's significant to note that Vasquez played in the 2015 U17 World Cup. Scoring one goal. That team included Christian Pulisic and Tyler Adams among other senior USA internationals.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/sources- ... -extension
Football/Futbol/Soccer
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:58 pm As a counter argument, we can say that this summer's signings - without Bielsa's input or stubbornness - have been excellent. Adams and Aaronson have hit the ground running. Roca has looked decent. Rasmus shows signs of looking the part. And Sinisterra looks promising from his couple of bench appearances. Watching the reserves, Gyabi and Perkins look like they'll be really good players too.

So, I think we can have some confidence in our recruitment process given the last batch of signings.
I recall at the time Cjay was quite keen on Cuisance.

Compared him to Zidane.

For the record I believe our recruitment isnt any where near as bad as some love to believe.

Not every player fits in and that can be down to many unrelated factors well beyond the scouting networks powers.
'We can wait for the next game with serenity' Marcelo Bielsa

'Would he kill his granny to win a match?' Bobby Collins

"Anyone need a hug? Jesse Marsch
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:52 pm I recall at the time Cjay was quite keen on Cuisance.

Compared him to Zidane

For the record I believe our recruitment isnt any where near as bad as some love to believe.

Not every player fits in and that can be down to many unrelated factors well beyond the scouting networks powers.
He knows nothing, take no notice :lol:

Tbf I usually try to be quite positive on potential signings , only usually smash into them after the first game :twisted:

Probably said something like he reminded me of Zidane? From memory the YouTube stuff showed Cuisance to be quite elegant, good close control etc.
Signed

King Cjay

Tighthead
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Tighthead »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:56 pm Tom Bogert (twitter @tombogert) is reporting on mlssoccer.com that Leeds United and a number of Liga MX clubs are tracking FC Cincinnati Striker Brandon Vasquez. Vasquez is a former USA youth international and is widely expected to get his first senior call up during the September international window. He has enjoyed a breakout season this term with 15 goals in 25 games. The 23 year old spent his first 3 professional seasons on the bench behind Joseph Martinez in Atlanta. This season has been his first chance to be a regular starter. Cincy just signed him to a long term extension and given him a raise. This is typical for MLS clubs looking to sell promising young players in the near future.

Vasquez is 6-2 and 196 lbs. He scores with both feet and his head. He can also pick a pass. I don't believe this is a transfer for this window. Bogert is reporting Leeds see him as a "long term target". Again, due to the difference in the MLS season I don't see this happening before January. It's significant to note that Vasquez played in the 2015 U17 World Cup. Scoring one goal. That team included Christian Pulisic and Tyler Adams among other senior USA internationals.

196 pounds that's very cheap. Right up our street.
Nelson Silva
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Nelson Silva »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:56 pm Tom Bogert (twitter @tombogert) is reporting on mlssoccer.com that Leeds United and a number of Liga MX clubs are tracking FC Cincinnati Striker Brandon Vasquez. Vasquez is a former USA youth international and is widely expected to get his first senior call up during the September international window. He has enjoyed a breakout season this term with 15 goals in 25 games. The 23 year old spent his first 3 professional seasons on the bench behind Joseph Martinez in Atlanta. This season has been his first chance to be a regular starter. Cincy just signed him to a long term extension and given him a raise. This is typical for MLS clubs looking to sell promising young players in the near future.

With Marsch on the bench, Leeds will be interested and making bids for every MLS player... :roflmao: :roflmao:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:20 pm He knows nothing, take no notice :lol:

Tbf I usually try to be quite positive on potential signings , only usually smash into them after the first game :twisted:

Probably said something like he reminded me of Zidane? From memory the YouTube stuff showed Cuisance to be quite elegant, good close control etc.
Found it amusing we were willing to pay £20m for Cuisance, but did nothing when Venezia got him for £2m.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

We've been linked with half the MLS this summer and haven't signed one.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I think we should put in a loan bid for Cole Palmer. Pep is delusional if he thinks he'll get a chance with Haaland and Alvarez about.
BlackHillsPaul
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

SG90 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:51 am We've been linked with half the MLS this summer and haven't signed one.
Haven't signed one YET....And it's only been two Strikers and a Left Back. Exactly what folks here have been screaming for. Hey, all I do is pass along the information when I think it comes from reputable sources. How you rate the information is completely up to you.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
Kennyb41
Manager
Manager

Post by Kennyb41 »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:53 pm Haven't signed one YET....And it's only been two Strikers and a Left Back. Exactly what folks here have been screaming for. Hey, all I do is pass along the information when I think it comes from reputable sources. How you rate the information is completely up to you.
After that Chelsea game Paul and the whole team and bench being up for it and seemingly knowing their roles and the plan of action, i don't think we need to sign anymore now.

I hope to fck i'm not jumping the gun here.
A self-confessed lover of Bigots, Walts, Otters and Dandelions.
Young Kennyboy :roflmao:
Must dash.
8-)