Summer 2022 transfer speculation and squad discussion

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
BlackHillsPaul
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Summer 2022 transfer speculation and squad discussion

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Kennyb41 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:07 pm After that Chelsea game Paul and the whole team and bench being up for it and seemingly knowing their roles and the plan of action, i don't think we need to sign anymore now.

I hope to fck i'm not jumping the gun here.
I agree. I don't think we will make any additional first team signings in this window. Because the vetting process needs to be tough. And that takes time. JM demands a certain mentality. Good players with the wrong mentality will not fit in his culture.

The two MLS players that have been linked to LUFC and are still available are longer term targets. The more likely of the two is Kai Wagner in my opinion. That would be a January move. But if Pascal Struijk continues the form he is on at LB then the odds of bringing in Wagner start dropping fast.

Side Note: Taty Castellanos Scored for Girona in La Liga yesterday in a 3-1 win over Getafe. The promoted side moved up to 8th in the table.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:53 pm Haven't signed one YET....And it's only been two Strikers and a Left Back. Exactly what folks here have been screaming for. Hey, all I do is pass along the information when I think it comes from reputable sources. How you rate the information is completely up to you.
If we were to sign anyone from the MLS, it would be Talles Magno for me. But I suspect Citeh will have first dibs.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Kennyb41 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:07 pm After that Chelsea game Paul and the whole team and bench being up for it and seemingly knowing their roles and the plan of action, i don't think we need to sign anymore now.

I hope to fck i'm not jumping the gun here.
I'm ok with LB for now. Struijk has been one of the best players so far and Firpo deserves a chance under Marsch. Hjelde is capable too. Come back in January if we need to.

Cole Palmer on loan will do for me.
Kennyb41
Manager
Manager

Post by Kennyb41 »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:48 pm I agree. I don't think we will make any additional first team signings in this window. Because the vetting process needs to be tough. And that takes time. JM demands a certain mentality. Good players with the wrong mentality will not fit in his culture.

The two MLS players that have been linked to LUFC and are still available are longer term targets. The more likely of the two is Kai Wagner in my opinion. That would be a January move. But if Pascal Struijk continues the form he is on at LB then the odds of bringing in Wagner start dropping fast.

Side Note: Taty Castellanos Scored for Girona in La Liga yesterday in a 3-1 win over Getafe. The promoted side moved up to 8th in the table.
Right, then he better rein in our current shopping clown and pick his own, then send the clown to get them with his silver tongue, Bert made the mistake of trusting the lunatic to find him a LB etc, it will work wonders if Jesse actually has a good eye for who he wants i.e Adams etc.
A self-confessed lover of Bigots, Walts, Otters and Dandelions.
Young Kennyboy :roflmao:
Must dash.
8-)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Been linked with Wolves forward and ex RB Salzburg player Hwang Hee-chan

Wolves would be willing to sell for about £25mil (bet they bloody would).

He is crap, Wolves fans dont rate him one bit and ive never been impressed when ive seen him.

No thanks
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:44 pm Been linked with Wolves forward and ex RB Salzburg player Hwang Hee-chan

Wolves would be willing to sell for about £25mil (bet they bloody would).

He is crap, Wolves fans dont rate him one bit and ive never been impressed when ive seen him.

No thanks
Usual lazy journalism imo

£25m :lol: Where do they get these price tags from?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:12 pm Usual lazy journalism imo

£25m :lol: Where do they get these price tags from?
Got 5 goals last season.

Wolves paid £14mil.

Apparently that is worth £11mil :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

Jaydog
Manager
Manager

Post by Jaydog »

Everything’s gone up. Olive oil is up 25%. Granola up 28%. South Korean footballers up 386%
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

American James Sands motm for Rangers tonight. How long till we're linked with him? 😎
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

This sounds familiar
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I see Cole Palmer scored against Barcelona in a friendly yesterday. Come on Pep, you know he could do with a loan. :tup:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:29 pm
This sounds familiar
They said that last year and then spent £25m on James. :lol:

Oh God, please no Traore. :shock:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

I still think money and stubbornness is the reason we aren't after a left back.

Struijk does his best but in a style that demands so much from the full backs a slow cb is never going to be the answer long term.

But Orta spunked £13milon Firpo so to replace him would be another case of the club admitting they got it wrong.

I don't believe Marsch is happy with his options at left back but coming from the Red Bull network he is used to doing as he is told.

We know he isnt happy with his attacking options .
If it is as I suspect a money issue then sell Dan James but that would again be another admission of a poor signing.

Incidentally the Southampton version of Phil Hay basically said today that the reason we didn't get Perraud who was our main target at left back as Phil Hay had said early that summer was because of Bielsa being less welcoming than Hassenhutl.

Hassenhutl talked to Perraud and told him his plans etc.

Bielsa wouldn't speak to him
Signed

King Cjay

andrewjohnsmith
Manager
Manager

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Cjay wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:45 pm Incidentally the Southampton version of Phil Hay basically said today that the reason we didn't get Perraud who was our main target at left back as Phil Hay had said early that summer was because of Bielsa being less welcoming than Hassenhutl.

Hassenhutl talked to Perraud and told him his plans etc.

Bielsa wouldn't speak to him
I think Bielsa's stubbornness was a big reason why we stagnated last season. He said himself that for his plan to work longer than 2 or 3 years he would need new players to maintain the energy level and workload. But he said no to virtually every player that was offered to him. The reason we didn't get Gallagher in midfield last year was because Bielsa wouldn't guarantee him playing time. Bielsa said that every player coming in would have to be better than what we had. If we'd signed any of the players we signed this season, Bielsa would have put them on the bench and made them compete for a spot. Kristensen would be back up to Ayling. Aaronson back up to Rodrigo. Adams or Roca back up to Forshaw. And, on that basis, none of them would have signed for us. It's probably the reason why Aaronson wouldn't come in January,and he knew that Marsch would take over in the summer.

Love Bielsa. Love what he created out of a squad of championship players. Love his loyalty to those players. But his resistance to evolve really cost us last season.
We've been through it all together. And we've had our ups and downs
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

This would be my choice for strikers.

We should be on the phone to Nice FC right now asking them to name there price.

If we really weren't selling anyone then no reason we shouldn't have the funds as he would be less expensive than De Ketelaere.

Interestingly few years ago our Head of European Recruitment Gaby Ruiz was at a u20 European International football tournament and was naming players that had impressed him.

One of the names was Luis Sinisterra.

Another of the names was French striker Amine Gouiri.

He also highlights Gianluca Scamacca whose just joined West Ham.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.hitc ... -in/%3famp
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I think we need a CM as much as a striker. An injury to Adams and/or Roca and we're back to Klich and Forshaw starting. I'd take Winks on loan from Spurs.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:50 am I think we need a CM as much as a striker. An injury to Adams and/or Roca and we're back to Klich and Forshaw starting. I'd take Winks on loan from Spurs.
Fully agree.

We always needed 2 cms if KP stayed.

We needed 3 if he left.

2 first choices and a backup/rotation option.

Does feel like another that'll do attitude from the club.

Not seeing much evidence of lessons learned as Radz said end of last season.

We aren't getting 3 players.

0 would be pathetic.

1 would be the bare minimum.

2 would be decent

3 would be Lessons learned.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:45 pm Fully agree.

We always needed 2 cms if KP stayed.

We needed 3 if he left.

2 first choices and a backup/rotation option.

Does feel like another that'll do attitude from the club.

Not seeing much evidence of lessons learned as Radz said end of last season.

We aren't getting 3 players.

0 would be pathetic.

1 would be the bare minimum.

2 would be decent

3 would be Lessons learned.
The thing is we won't sign anyone in January either, so we have to hope they'll last all season. Another gamble. :roll:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:54 pm The thing is we won't sign anyone in January either, so we have to hope they'll last all season. Another gamble. :roll:
Backed themselves into a corner 12 months ago with there 2 years of transfers in 1 nonsense.

Was always going to backfire and leave them with far to much to do this window if we survived as we did by the skin of our teeth.

They should have started the process of evolving the squad 12months ago but the boards lack of planning and finance combined with likely MB's loyalty and stubbornness made it a non starter.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:02 pm Backed themselves into a corner 12 months ago with there 2 years of transfers in 1 nonsense.

Was always going to backfire and leave them with far to much to do this window if we survived as we did by the skin of our teeth.

They should have started the process of evolving the squad 12months ago but the boards lack of planning and finance combined with likely MB's loyalty and stubbornness made it a non starter.
Next summer we'll need new CBs along with creative midfielders and strikers, then replace whoever is sold on the cheap. We're constantly giving ourselves too much to do.