The Ashes 2021-22

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

On Fire The Ashes 2021-22

Post by White Riot »

Hi all,

From what I can gather The Ashes test match series between the hosts, and holders Australia and England starts tonight at midnight GMT.

I've usually always watched at least the first couple of hours of the first test down under, then feel asleep and woke up to catastrophe, so probably will feel the urge to wake up at 2am to watch the start.

Seems like cricket's reputation has been tarnished lately, well for quite a while really, so it would be good to have a nice competitive, but sporting series, where some good cricket dominates proceedings.

I'm hoping for an England win, but fear we could be in for another whitewash at the hands of our arch-enemies.

Looking forward to the first ball in Brisbane.

Come on England 8-)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The Ashes 2021-22

Post by whiteswan »

White Riot wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:02 pm Hi all,

From what I can gather The Ashes test match series between the hosts, and holders Australia and England starts tonight at midnight GMT.

I've usually always watched at least the first couple of hours of the first test down under, then feel asleep and woke up to catastrophe, so probably will feel the urge to wake up at 2am to watch the start.

Seems like cricket's reputation has been tarnished lately, well for quite a while really, so it would be good to have a nice competitive, but sporting series, where some good cricket dominates proceedings.

I'm hoping for an England win, but fear we could be in for another whitewash at the hands of our arch-enemies.

Come on England 8-)
Yaye! With you on this one Riot. I've got my alarm set for 11.55 tonight so I can catch the first few overs. I don't hold out much hope for our lads away in Oz but I'm really looking forward to watching some quality cricket :)
hector

Post by hector »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:07 pm Yaye! With you on this one Riot. I've got my alarm set for 11.55 tonight so I can catch the first few overs. I don't hold out much hope for our lads away in Oz but I'm really looking forward to watching some quality cricket :)
I thought you were in full malt mode at that time of night..... :) :)
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

I'll be in bed by 10pm, some of us have to rise early, need to get in my eight hours sleep :sleep:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:18 pm I thought you were in full malt mode at that time of night..... :) :)
I will be dear hector :) what a lovely way to watch The Ashes with a nice glass of Cardhu malt whisky :cricket: :tumbler:
hector

Post by hector »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:23 pm I will be dear hector :) what a lovely way to watch The Ashes with a nice glass of Cardhu malt whisky :cricket: :tumbler:
the only way to watch is through closed eyes........ :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:26 pm the only way to watch is through closed eyes........ :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
Ah, ya spoilsport :lol:
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

White Riot wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:02 pm Hi all,

Come on England 8-)
Will be watching intently in the hope we can get a famous win.
Hope the tournament isn't tarnished by racist aussie chanting 8-)
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:07 pm Yaye! With you on this one Riot. I've got my alarm set for 11.55 tonight so I can catch the first few overs. I don't hold out much hope for our lads away in Oz but I'm really looking forward to watching some quality cricket :)
Great, good to hear you're on board Swannie :)

It'll be 2am for me here in Bulgaria, so I'll just see if my body clock wakes me up then :-D

I'm off today and tomorrow on rest days, so I can just chillax (hated that word when it was all the rage) tomorrow.

BBC says Anderson's left out as he's got a calf problem, I didn't know he raised cows :duno:

His record's poor in Brisbane and the Aussies will be right up for it at the Gabbatoir :lol:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

mentalcase wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:59 pm Will be watching intently in the hope we can get a famous win.
Hope the tournament isn't tarnished by racist aussie chanting 8-)
All good fun MC, sure they'll be giving it "Pommie Baaaarstards" and all that :)

Our supporters will be giving them the Aussie Family song = Your sister is your mother, your father is your brother, they look like one another the Aussie Family :lol:

To the tune of the Addams Family 8-)
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

hector wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:26 pm the only way to watch is through closed eyes........ :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
Yep, checking the inside of your eyelids :)
hector

Post by hector »

White Riot wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:40 pm Yep, checking the inside of your eyelids :)
A very under-rated passtime.. :) :)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Don't worry hector, we'll all keep you posted on what's happening on the cricket pitch :lol:
Lorimer46
First Team
First Team
Twitter: @dsc67

Post by Lorimer46 »

I'll be listening to TMS on the clock radio in my bed , just like when I was a youngster with my transistor radio and an ear piece
" The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley "
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

hector wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:48 pm A very under-rated passtime.. :) :)
I was a big fan of it at work when I used to "work" night shifts :sleep:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Lorimer46 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:54 pm I'll be listening to TMS on the clock radio in my bed , just like when I was a youngster with my transistor radio and an ear piece
I remember doing the same in the early 80s when Brearley was captain, and Norman Flash Cowans was our pace bowler and we won a test by 3 runs in Aus, celebrated with a large glass of brandy :) then :sleep:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Lorimer46 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:54 pm I'll be listening to TMS on the clock radio in my bed , just like when I was a youngster with my transistor radio and an ear piece
I used to do that but listening to Radio Luxenbourg Fab 208 :)
Last edited by whiteswan on Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hector

Post by hector »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:16 pm I used to do that but listening to Radio Luxenbourgh Fab 208 :)
sponsored by alberto vo5
:) :)
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Is TMS still on the go ?
It must be like listen to the archers
From 1937
ooh I say aggers old chap.. what a splendid cake Mrs chumley Warner of wormington on sea has made
goes down rather nice with a 67 chatuex de doux.

See Compton made a 50 aggers old chap....that's right sir Henry blowers....what do you think Geoffrey..thy mutha could of t made 50 with a stick of rhubarb and I would of made a double 100......I would of run t bugger out

Having said that I'm stopping up if England are batting fog
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

liggy wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:06 pm Is TMS still on the go ?
It must be like listen to the archers
From 1937
ooh I say aggers old chap.. what a splendid cake Mrs chumley Warner of wormington on sea has made
goes down rather nice with a 67 chatuex de doux.

See Compton made a 50 aggers old chap....that's right sir Henry blowers....what do you think Geoffrey..thy mutha could of t made 50 with a stick of rhubarb and I would of made a double 100......I would of run t bugger out

Having said that I'm stopping up if England are batting fog
Fond memories Liggy ❤️

"My Mum could've caught that in her pinny"