Roberts is...

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Roberts is...

Post by beer belly bert »

Feel so sorry for Bielsa , time and again he shows faith in Roberts even when the team was at full strength he played him , he came on today lost the ball with his second touch which resulted in a Newcastle attack then a free kick and the goal , he is not premiership standard and needs selling or loaned out he brings nothing to the team , and yes Bielsa knows far more than me but i think he got it wrong with Roberts
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
velo
Manager
Manager

Re: Roberts is dog s**t

Post by velo »

Faaip is not going to like the truth....
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

velo wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:53 pm Faaip is not going to like the truth....
truth hurts but its also fact :) :) :)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

In fairness to Roberts James, Harrison, Rodrigo and Klich all did the square root of naff all today.

The end product in our attacking players is no where near good enough.

In general Roberts may be the worst of the bunch in that respect but the others are hardly shining in that respect and never have since they arrived with any degree of consistency.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

I do not like it when we refer to our own players in this fashion.

Could Roberts be better? Of course.

Do we do anything to help him get there by referring to him in this fashion?
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:11 pm In fairness to Roberts James, Harrison, Rodrigo and Klich all did the square root of naff all today.

In general Roberts may be the worst of the bunch in that respect but the others are hardly shining in that respect and never have since they arrived with any degree of consistency.
Totally agree with that bunch of wanna bee you mention. Those players mentioned should have been addressed in the summer and now. But yet we get slated for mentioning how poor they are. And it's baffling how bielsa keeps on and on picking them. We are playing with 3 wingers and a non existent midfield. It gotta be addressed. Jiffy should have started this game way ahead of James. Anyway let see what happens in the next 8 days.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:11 pm In fairness to Roberts James, Harrison, Rodrigo and Klich all did the square root of naff all today.

Thought Harrison was decent today again tbf and I'm not his biggest fan
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

It's not really Roberts' fault to be fair he can only play to his given capacity. He's not going to turn down the opportunity to play at this level, the fault lies purely at the feet of Bielsa. He's has a strange obssession with Roberts which really isn't paying off, when you consider the amount of game time he's had.
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

It's a sad situation that Bielsa thinks that Roberts is the turn to guy to influence positively a game. It detracts from all of Bielsas good points.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

beer belly bert wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:52 pm Feel so sorry for Bielsa , time and again he shows faith in Roberts even when the team was at full strength he played him , he came on today lost the ball with his second touch which resulted in a Newcastle attack then a free kick and the goal , he is not premiership standard and needs selling or loaned out he brings nothing to the team , and yes Bielsa knows far more than me but i think he got it wrong with Roberts
And where have you been stranger?

Welcome back Bert.
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

It's never any players fault when he is selected and just can't perform at the level he is thrown into....its whoever throws him on that bares the blame ! Just my opinion.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

For me though both Roberts and Rodrigo are both totally ineffective in this team, both always carried by the rest of the team
MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MightyWhites »

It's down to El Loco I'm afraid. Why he put him on ahead of Geldhart today had me pulling my hair out. He is not Premiership level, it's as simple as that. Bielsa has to stop this favouritism because it is costing us points. I can't believe the YEP haven't asked him about it.
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

beer belly bert wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:58 pm truth hurts but its also fact :) :) :)
:tup:
But not everyone can see the obvious
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Hi Cjay , i agree to a certain extent in what you say but we were on the front foot attacking and on top of the game till Roberts came on and gave the ball away straight away and they scored from it , i have nothing but pride in having Bielsa as our manager and would never question his ability as a world class manager but i would love to know what he sees in him ,
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

If we have any pretensions of progressing in this league rather than just being also rans and perennial relegation dodgers, then there is no doubt we will need far better players than Roberts in the team and some of us have realised this for a long long time. Quite why an undoubted and internationally recognised football sage like Marcelo Bielsa has not been able to see that up to now is mind boggling.

Obviously Bielsa sees more of him than we do and I can only assume that he must impress in training but, personally, I have seen nothing in all the matches he’s played over the last 3 years, starting or as a sub, that would give me any confidence that he is ever going to be good enough at this level.

He is not good enough, simple as that!
Jimang
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jimang »

Agree Roberts just not up to the standard we need and along with Rodrigo needs to be sold off in my opinion.
Thought Harrison played well today and James showed plenty of pace and hard work, but he is not a centre forward.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Roberts is crap, end of.
Bielsa is 100% at fault, his obsession with turning 'pigs ears into silk purses' has gone too far now.
Not only roberts , but others simply aren't up to premier league standard week in week out, if we want to progress, and, I assume we do, we need fresh players in the summer, oddly enough, it's something we, the fans have been screaming out for.
I don't know if Bielsa wants to break up his promotion side, he's too loyal, he's also too blind to see that, no matter how much faith he puts in certain players like roberts, it just will not pay off.
I honestly thought Rodrigo had a cracking game today, he was my MOM, why Bielsa puts James as CF instead of JG is beyond me, if he don't think he'll last 90 minutes at least let him run the opposition ragged first, or, give him more than flaming 20 minutes.
The team as a whole miss a creative midfielder, now, where have we heard that before ?
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

By putting on Roberts instead of Joe was Bielsa happy with a point because Joe was only put on when we went 1 down and he must know that Roberts more than likely isn't going to score.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Didn’t seem similar threads when Ayling and Llorente gave the ball away leading to opposition goals.

Wrong sub at the wrong time today but I’m not sure laying into individuals helps