The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 24th June) Players to undergo vigorous health checks before returning to TA

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 24th June) Players to undergo vigorous health checks before returning to TA

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Friday 24th June, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Players to undergo vigorous health checks before returning to TA

The Leeds Utd squad return from their Summer break on Monday, and will immediately undergo vigorous health checks at Leeds Beckett's £45m state-of-the-art Sporting facilities in Headingley.

Players will be put through their paces whilst a team of experts conducts cardiac, musculoskeletal movement and asthma screenings. The performance tests include assessment of aerobic capacity, strength, power and change-of-direction ability. Blood tests will also be taken. They will then return to Thorp Arch on Tuesday where the analysis can be collated, and individual training regimes can be put into place. According to Phil Hay...

Pre-season will start this Monday morning with a day’s testing at Leeds Beckett University. Leeds have used the same academic facilities in previous Summers, and analysis of the players’ physical and mental state will set them up for training at Thorp Arch on Tuesday.

The earliest sessions Marsch has arranged are by way of preparation for their behind-closed-doors game next weekend — one of two outings planned before they fly out on a tour of Australia. The next six weeks are where he (Marsch) can address the question of what a settled team looks like and how, longer term, Leeds will play under him. This is where he should leave his mark.

Barca twist could end pursuit for Raphinha

Barcelona's pursuit of Raphinha looks to be in tatters after Ousmane Dembele told Barcelona boss Xavi he wants to remain at the Camp Nou. The 25yo winger was due to depart Catalonia at the end of the month when his contract expires, but sources have now revealed that he has had a change of heart, and is ready to sign a new contract.

Should this prove to be true, it will end months of speculation linking Barca with a move for Raphinha. Whilst this will devastate his agent Deco, it opens doors for other prospective suitors to come out of the woodwork. Chelsea and PSG were both deep in negotiations with Dembele's representatives; perhaps they will join Liverpool and Arsenal in their pursuit of the Brazilian International. This can only be a good thing for Leeds Utd - the more interest, the higher the price tag!

Mundo Deportivo journalist Gabriel Sans yesterday reported that an unnamed club (not Barcelona) had bid ‘€55m (£47.2m) plus €15m (£12.8m) in add-ons for the Leeds winger.

Potential swap deal on the cards

CBS Sports journalist Ben Jacobs has claimed that Leeds are interested in bringing 29yo Moroccan International winger Hakim Ziyech to Elland Road this Summer. Dubbed 'The Wizard' by Ajax fans during his four-year stay, could be an ideal replacement for Raphinha

Ziyech was born to a Moroccan family in Dronten, Holland, but having represented the Netherlands at U20 and U21 level, changed his allegiance. He is a creative right-winger that likes to drift infield, thread through balls and has an eye for goals. He joined Chelsea in the Summer of 2020 for €40 million, plus add-ons, penning a five-year contract. According to Jacobs, Chelsea may use Ziyech as a carrot in their hopes of landing Raphinha...

Don’t be surprised if Chelsea advance their interest (in Raphinha) by bringing Hakim Ziyech into the equation because my understanding from talking to Leeds sources separate to Raphinha is that Ziyech, has been a player on their radar.

So there might be a possibility to do some business with Raphinha coming one way and Ziyech being given to Leeds. Because Leeds don’t just want a chunk of money for Raphinha to the tune of £55 or £60 million potentially, they would love to have a ready-made replacement.

New Leeds Kit

The new Leeds Utd kit is set to be unveiled shortly. What colours/designs would you like to see Leeds play in, this forthcoming season?

Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 24th June) Players to undergo vigorous health checks before returning to TA

Post by Byebyegeegee »

The health and training regimes in football have come a long way from the time when little Billy and big Jack used to enjoy a cig or two at half time in the early/mid sixties. Todays game bears no relationship to that “Roy of the Rovers” era, where heavy, laced leather footballs and mud bath pitches were the order of the day. Football is a lot quicker, far more skilful theses days but is it any more enjoyable? No, not for me at least.

Ziyech should not be seen as a swap but a make weight and, in my opinion, should, as a 29 year old who’s obviously surplus to requirements at Chelsea, be valued at no more than say £5m. So if there is a deal to be done with Chelsea it should be Ziyech + £60m for Raphinha.

All white for the home kit and all yellow for the away kit please. Although I wouldn’t mind the Sweden looking Kappa kit, as sported by my KP avatar, for the away games.
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 24th June) Players to undergo vigorous health checks before returning to TA

Post by billysboots »

I would like the same design of shirt in 3 different colours, white, yellow and blue.
There Is Only One United.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

I presume the asthma screening is to ensure they have it! Football, like so many professional sports, seems to have incredibly high rates of asthma.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

My favourite away kit

Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Morning EB et all

All for testing and monitoring of our players fitness and well being, hopefully it bodes well for the coming season and we see a lot less injuries.

Barc can do one

Ziyech agree with BBGG he's not set the world on fire at Chelski, a bit part player at best so why would it be any different here, I'd rather we got the cash and bought players we really wanted.

With regards the shirts gotta be all white home and either yellow or blue away plus a couple of seasons ago my brother and his sons bought a knock off Leeds kit in black and that looks great so I wouldn't mind seeing that actually.
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Ziyech would be a hell of a signing for us, he is on the older side so I would still expect a hefty fee for raphinha - can’t see it happening though his wages must be well outside our pay structure.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

A little off topic, but does anyone remember this....

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Ziyech has goals and assists in him.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa