What a day for a US Leeds fan

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
andrewjohnsmith
First Team
First Team

What a day for a US Leeds fan

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

They say they come in three's

Woke up this morning to find out Stone Brewing (a pillar of independent craft beer) had sold to Sapporo

This afternoon I hear the Supreme Court overturned Roe v Wade

Get home and heard that KP is leaving

I'm getting drunk and going to bed - 3 a.m. start for the cricket tomorrow
We've been through it all together. And we've had our ups and downs
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Re: What a day for a US Leeds fan

Post by Lumiukko »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:38 am They say they come in three's

Woke up this morning to find out Stone Brewing (a pillar of independent craft beer) had sold to Sapporo

This afternoon I hear the Supreme Court overturned Roe v Wade

Get home and heard that KP is leaving

I'm getting drunk and going to bed - 3 a.m. start for the cricket tomorrow
Stone brewing selling out to one of the corporate breweries is news to me (that is a pity now you've mentioned it), but yes with the KP and the Roe v Wade news it's been a pretty dark day all round. I kicked the stress out on the football field this evening, saving the getting drunk for tomorrow eve.
andrewjohnsmith
First Team
First Team

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Lumiukko wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:49 am Stone brewing selling out to one of the corporate breweries is news to me (that is a pity now you've mentioned it), but yes with the KP and the Roe v Wade news it's been a pretty dark day all round. I kicked the stress out on the football field this evening, saving the getting drunk for tomorrow eve.
I support many craft breweries. But Stone was my favorite. Loved them since around 2000. That smacks just as hard as the KP sale.
We've been through it all together. And we've had our ups and downs
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

The Roe v Wade decision is headline news around the world, even here in Ireland where our restrictive abortion laws have resulted in the death of women.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Shame about the Stone brewery, I love craft beer, but shame it doesn't love me so I have to be careful with beer intake after I had a really bad gout attack seven year ago :(

That Supreme Court decision is absolutely crazy. A return to puritan times. So I'd expect all the people who've clamored to outlaw abortions will be putting their names forward to adopt, at least one per household of the millions of unwanted and uncared for children that are going to be generated by this decision. In a country that doesn't align with the principles of a welfare state there has been zero logic applied when making this decision. Parenting is a dying skill anyway, so why would you force parenthood on people that don't wish to be parents? That is going to create some dire outcomes for all the parties involved.

With KP, good luck to him, but I'm astounded how cheaply we've given him away to a club that is loaded with money and still managed to drive a hard bargain with our 3 amigos. Shame Orta wasn't as forceful as he was when he was arguing and ready for fighting with our fans during our last nightmare of a season.
whiteinfrance
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by whiteinfrance »

Why does 'The Handmaids Tale' spring to mind when contemplating the future of the U.S.A ?
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Saw The Beach Boys last night at the Royal Albert Hall, who were incredible, and left the venue to see the news. :cry:
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:00 am I support many craft breweries. But Stone was my favorite. Loved them since around 2000. That smacks just as hard as the KP sale.
Yes, I also support small craft breweries (my beer gut will attest to that). The Roe v Wade and KP saga have really hit home today. Going to enjoy the sun and try and not think about the depressing nature of the news. KP we'll get over, but when the Republicans here are trying to make USA into some kind of Christian Iran, it really makes football pail into insignificance somewhat.