Darko Gyabi

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Re: Darko Gyabi

Post by Lumiukko »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:06 pm That's where he's been playing in the preseason games the "2" in the 4231. The 2nd of the 2 looks a little more attacking. The way it played yesterday was that Roca sat back and Adams made a few more runs forward. We saw Greenwood and Klich (both more attacking) play that role at the end of last season too.
I think I'd like to see Roca the more attacking of the two when he plays with Adams. Roca has a very good eye for a pass and can operate in crowded spaces making him very handy particularly against teams that sit back.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Lumiukko wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:26 pm I think I'd like to see Roca the more attacking of the two when he plays with Adams. Roca has a very good eye for a pass and can operate in crowded spaces making him very handy particularly against teams that sit back.
I think with Marsch's tactics, the two positions may be interchangeable. But it definitely seemed like Adams was making the more advanced runs. Roca's tenicity and hard tacking make him a natural fit - plus he looks like a great playmaker from deep.

We've got some fantastic options around there now. Roca, Adams, Forshaw - follwed by Gyabi, Gray and (possibly) Bate. Plus Klich and Greenwood can drop back there if needed - maybe in a more attacking lineup. Maybe now, Koch can focus his career on being a central defender.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:50 pm oooeeerrr . Does Mrs 64 know?? :shock: :shock:

are you at that time of life?? :shhh:

:) :)
:rol: :rol: :rol: :rol:
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Lumiukko wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:26 pm I think I'd like to see Roca the more attacking of the two when he plays with Adams. Roca has a very good eye for a pass and can operate in crowded spaces making him very handy particularly against teams that sit back.
I was watching Roca this morning and thinking about the gap between us and the Bayerns of this world if he couldn’t get a game for them and they could let him go for a relative song.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Carrick Dave wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:32 pm I was watching Roca this morning and thinking about the gap between us and the Bayerns of this world if he couldn’t get a game for them and they could let him go for a relative song.
As Matt Le Tissier would say, "makes you think" (one for the Quickly Kevin podcast fans out there). But seriously, if he can't get games for Bayern and then walks straight into the team and is already asserting himself as one of the first names on the teamsheet, tells you all you need to know.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Journalist Joe Donohue was in attendance as the 19-year-old dominated proceedings at that level in March and was quick to sing his praises on Twitter.

He wrote: "Darko Gyabi's performance tonight is the most complete midfield display by any Leeds player, at any level, (I've seen) this season. Passing, strength, presence, awareness, use of his body - class.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Carrick Dave wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:32 pm I was watching Roca this morning and thinking about the gap between us and the Bayerns of this world if he couldn’t get a game for them and they could let him go for a relative song.
i mean any player at any top team would almost certainly walk into our team

KP was one of, if not our best player and can barely get on the pitch at city
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

The Subhuman wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 1:37 pm Journalist Joe Donohue was in attendance as the 19-year-old dominated proceedings at that level in March and was quick to sing his praises on Twitter.

He wrote: "Darko Gyabi's performance tonight is the most complete midfield display by any Leeds player, at any level, (I've seen) this season. Passing, strength, presence, awareness, use of his body - class.
playing against other youth team/reserve players...quite a big difference but surprised he hasn't been given more time with the first team
airedale
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by airedale »

Speaking of which anyone know of any streams for u21 playoff semi tonight?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

airedale wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 2:29 pm Speaking of which anyone know of any streams for u21 playoff semi tonight?
Thanks for the reminder.

Damn, it won't be on LUTV as there is a Premier League match on SKY tonight.

It maybe the case where there are few streams available :(
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Broad Ford »

A working colleague raved about Gyabi for his performance against Forest. He said he played just in front of the defence and absolutely bossed the midfield.

Highlights showed him in the number 6 midfield position, but could anyone with more knowledge add to his positional strengths on the field as I was left with the impression that another KP could be in the making at ER. With the Championship beckoning next season surely Darko is ready to make a name for himself.
Hey you, out there on the road
Always doing what you're told
Can you help me?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

High class footballer, already ready imo and only Adams is better at ER in central midfield. One journalist called him the best midfielder at ER bar none... Reminds me of Patrick Vierra
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Gyabi should have been given more opportunities in the first team after Adams was injured. Now is not the time to bring untested players in - unless you have a manager with big cahoonas. Most managers will always resort to experience in a relegation fight.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

DDB220 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 12:51 pm Gyabi should have been given more opportunities in the first team after Adams was injured. Now is not the time to bring untested players in - unless you have a manager with big cahoonas. Most managers will always resort to experience in a relegation fight.
You have seen him play much mate?
What attributes has he got that make you think he is a good DFM?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

I'm just delighted Faaip isn't picking our team.

Big sam will take a look in the summer, let's take it from there huh, and ........

Don't hold ur breath fer Christs sake.

Have some forgot that to win this promotion they've just got these 23's, they had to be relegated first :roll:

Rocket science it ain't.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

The Subhuman wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 8:45 pm High class footballer, already ready imo and only Adams is better at ER in central midfield. One journalist called him the best midfielder at ER bar none... Reminds me of Patrick Vierra

I can't think of which emoji to use this one :duno:

This one :lol:

This one :roflmao:

This one :oops:

This one :sick:

Or keep Orta's last remaining fan happy with this one :tup:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 1:05 pm You have seen him play much mate?
What attributes has he got that make you think he is a good DFM?
I am not convinced he can operate in the DMF role, but he has energy, pace and is brave on the ball. Everything that Roca isn’t. There were opportunities to play him but Marsch went for Greewood. Gracia had the option as well, albeit he was a firefighter manager, as is Sam.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

DDB220 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 2:56 pm I am not convinced he can operate in the DMF role, but he has energy, pace and is brave on the ball. Everything that Roca isn’t. There were opportunities to play him but Marsch went for Greewood. Gracia had the option as well, albeit he was a firefighter manager, as is Sam.
I just watched whatever youtube stuff there is.

Looks composed on the ball, always looks to have plenty of time which is great to see, not quick and very one footed. Very vertical too. There wasnt much in the way of him winning the ball but he looks more of a Klich than a Roca.

I hope he gets a chance to break through soon.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
pjm2019
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by pjm2019 »

as he is now in the USA for the U21's we will not see him for the last 2 matches
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Shrewsbury (h)

Good
2 ball recoveries
1 decent pass
1 good swivel/turn

Bad
3 lost possession
3 poor passes
1 no challenge for their goal

Nervous & sluggish in a game that was an opportunity for Darko to shine, felt sorry for him as he really struggled to cope with the expectation & the demands of the game.

2/10