The Leeds United States Of America, New dawn.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Success of Failure

Success
69%
Failure
31%

Total votes: 26

Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The Leeds United States Of America, New dawn.

Post by Kennyb41 »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:11 pm :duno:

My views are well known on every subject and can be backed up by posts long pre dating the event old chap.

Mere mortals like you can't hope to fathom my levels of genius.

Don't feel disheartened Kenneth.

I've given my views on Marsch multiple times.

8-)
Enlighten me again, i think i recall during the Wolves 2-0 down demolition prior to them going down to 10 men, that you said this is not the guy for the job.

So you in the failure camp ? Or waiting for hindsight as per ?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

I have went with "success" as I believe we will stay up (success in itself) with some points to spare. It is going to be another tough season, as Cumbria says, we are new to this Prem malarkey, but I don't think it will be as terrible a season as last year. We have to be realistic about where we are and what we are in the grander scheme of things. We might see ourselves as a big club but, in terms of wealth and recent Prem experience, we are minnows. It is, in my view, going to be a fair few seasons, bar a billionaire takeover, before we can say with any confidence that we'll be challenging for European spots. Middle third perhaps the best we can hope for.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Done, imo we’ll be nearer 20th than 1st but will stay up, so in terms of still eating at the table of the cash cow that is the PL, then success.

In terms of JM and the way/style his team will play , will it be entertaining and a good exciting watch ?, well I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

Mid table and a good FA cup run would do for me.Top 6 will never happen in my life time,apart from Leicester it's been the same old same old money clubs in the top six for quite some time .
Aussieleeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Aussieleeds »

Marsch ended the season with a squad that was entirely built for Bielsa’s style, yet a squad which Bielsa could not get out of the bottom 4. He’s then going to lose the two star players from that squad and have at least two more first 11 players out of action at the start of the season. So, for me success for Marsch will be avoiding relegation and playing well. A good result will be 12-15.
hector

Post by hector »

I really want him to do well....

But he won't... he is out of his depth...
I voted fail.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:39 am I really want him to do well....

But he won't... he is out of his depth...
I voted fail.
Me too heccy

But I agree.....fail
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I think he'll succeed to a degree and really atm that's enough. We're a year, I think, behind Villa but Villa's absence nowhere near as long as ours so we maybe need to be where Villa were last season in 23/24 season

Our future successful manager is still in our future, maybe that's Marcelo back but with better players already in position. I kinda hope so
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

This by the way is the second five yr period, this was supposed to be the first season back. The original 5 yr plan was to have us back in the prem in that time frame. Rads etc have done great work getting those targets realized very quickly... I'm not a Marsch fan but he's Leeds now and he'll have us comfortable next season... The fixture list at least looks a hell of a lot more favourable, last seasons looked designed to send us down
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Changnoy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Changnoy »

Relegation..speaks for itself.
I consider going through the start of the season.. only two losses away from the relegation zone.. an ongoing failure.
In our first season back..we were never too far away from bottom..until a great run of form projected us up to 9th. This was considered a successful season which SHOULD have been built upon.
I dont want another season like that. I want/hope to see us in mid table by the WC break.. and able to comfortably hold it there or better in the NY backend.
Ive voted success for now....but as our squad stands..with KP & Raph going going gone..and with the current new additions....im not impressed.
We need the 10 - 50 other players we've been linked with..or at least the 3 - 4 quality ones....to bring the poor squad up to par.
Otherwise we could be looking at another squeaky bum time.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:45 am Me too heccy

But I agree.....fail
I truly hope you & Hector are totally wrong.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:45 am I truly hope you & Hector are totally wrong.
They are
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Double post
Last edited by Irish Ian on Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Kennyb41 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:30 am That's not on the fence 64.
You wanted an answer, Kenny, you got one.

Until I see the squad we start with & how the pre-season pans out, it's difficult to assess how successful/failure of a season we're in for.

If our pre-season is worse than last year, god help us as we will be relegated.

I did warn you all how bad we were (well not you Kenny as you wasn't on board then)
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

We aren't going to qualify for the CL.

I see Jesse as a transition manager ( as he does too as I reckon he has one eye on Arsenal / Liverpool/ City etc as a step up)

My take.

The football.

I am almost resolved to not liking aesthetically but then again we have been spoilt these last few years.
I am unsure if it will work tactically but will be happy to wrong. The players will have to buy in big time and we will need to have fit players available.

Results.
I reckon there is enough to keep us up. Perhaps 12th at best.

I see Jesse bringing us to a position like Wolves or Leicester. Wolves because we will gain enough points but rarely thrill and like Leicester because we will be on an even keel financially. This is two or three seasons work.

By then we will have new owners and lets hope they are RICH

And the world as they say will be our lobster
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:57 am We aren't going to qualify for the CL.

I see Jesse as a transition manager ( as he does too as I reckon he has one eye on Arsenal / Liverpool/ City etc as a step up)

My take.

The football.

I am almost resolved to not liking aesthetically but then again we have been spoilt these last few years.
I am unsure if it will work tactically but will be happy to wrong. The players will have to buy in big time and we will need to have fit players available.

Results.
I reckon there is enough to keep us up. Perhaps 12th at best.

I see Jesse bringing us to a position like Wolves or Leicester. Wolves because we will gain enough points but rarely thrill and like Leicester because we will be on an even keel financially. This is two or three seasons work.

By then we will have new owners and lets hope they are RICH

And the world as they say will be our lobster
Aren't Wolves one of the richest teams in the prem ? .... apropos nothing, just wondered
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

faaip wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:40 pm Aren't Wolves one of the richest teams in the prem ? .... apropos nothing, just wondered
Could be.

I do recall their owner saying in the press that he didn't see the point of investing £300M in the squad just to climb a couple of Prem places...

He would be hung from the West Stand for saying that if he was Leeds owner
'
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

We have an American manager and one American player and all of a sudden we’re “Leeds United States?”

Please.

If Aaronson were any other nationality would anyone be complaining about him? I think not.

Success for me is defined by improvement. Will we be significantly better this year than last? I am pretty certain we will be (assuming we sign two or three of the players being talked about). What that translates into in terms of the table I can’t say, but I do expect we’ll reach the end of April feeling comfortable about avoiding relegation.
Rook
First Team
First Team

Post by Rook »

I want him to succeed.

But i also want a Ferrari, and that isn't ever happening.

Marsch will be gone this time next year, imo.

So, i voted 'fail'
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:47 amThey are
Cocky beggar :)