Jesse Marsch pre Wolves

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Jesse Marsch pre Wolves

Post by Cjay »

Marsch's here - personnel first
Dan James suspended one more match. Ninety minutes tomorrow with the under-21s at his request.

Cooper Achilles issue from off-season programme on a treadmill. Taken him a while. Pitch this week individually. Not available this weekend,. hopeful team training next week.

Firpo scan today and ahead of schedule. More aggressive with him. Two or three weeks away from match eligible.

Forshaw good progress with MCL issue, but hopefully next week training. Ayling made progress, ahead of schedule. Not pressuring him too much. On the pitch and in training couple of weeks.

Luis on the pitch today looking very good, getting closer to top speed. Hopefully in full training next week.

Dallas good progress feel he is on track.

Bogusz working hard and also been on the pitch. Hopeful he can be team training in a few weeks. Need to get to know him better.

Van den Heuvel had a car accident with Holland under-20s. Broke some vertebrae. Worried about him, but he's showing good progress in the gym. Ramping him up. Few more monehts before he is eligible and good to go.

Few surgeries from the past and some new injuries along the way. Two or three weeks back at full strength.

Sold two of your best players - got enough to step up and take that mantle?
We know we lost two great players, but that's allowed us to bring in many more. Play more precisely the version of football we want to play. Great working with them both. We will use the situation to make us stronger.

Club backed you?
Clear from day one the people had supported MB 100 per cent. All in with him. I took that as a positive opportunity for myself. You're referencing our transfer politics, but even more so if you saw from day one, I have never felt so supported. Real credit to this club that's the situation.

Transfers
Don't want to go into it too much, but we're trying, what I said after Cagliari, we did a good job with deals so far and we trying to be very precise with who we want and what we need for the next steps through this window. One addition next week and then continuing to look at what else is out there.

Taking the knee
Love there is an apprecation fo the diversity in our sport. Have to love to work with different kinds of people. Key is to make us stronger, not weaker. Whether we take a knee or not, I know we have appreciation of everyone's differences. This league is at the forefront of so may things. Player pool and unions taking the knee was the right thing. Referee organisations are fantastic. PRivilege to be here and excited about the future.

Radrizzani meeting
Already excited about what's been done. Expressed daily my appreciation for his support in carrying out our plans with investment. Trying to be prudent. We were very sure in every transfer we attacked and now we are evaluating the squad closely with what we still need.

Money is there?
I think every manager wants more money (laughs). We will be intelligent with what we do.

Klaesson
Ankle injury. Available for Saturday.

[Established goalkeeper?]

Yes, there's an argument for that. Marcos has created a good environment with the goalkeepers. Everyone has to be clear with what the role is. That needs to strengthen us rather than create friction. Close to a decision on that

Different pressure from last season?
It's not a relegation battle, but I know the games are so damn good. First half at Wolves was good first 10 minutes, but then they commanded the game wth their quality and tactics. We were lucky to turn the match in the way we did. Demands the best out of you. I am just totally focused on everything to have a good first step in the season and do everything to start well.

Wolves shape?
They have changed to four in the back with Jimenez being out. Podence more in the striker role. See where he plays. Manager very intelligent. Good tactical ideas. Tight spaces, really intelligent. Fit well together. Defend really well, one of the best in the PL. Gain an edge on set-plays. Big challenge and we are excited for it.

What does your team look like?
A lot of talk that was not how we wanted to play, but we made steps. Adapted quickly, but we did not throw a million things at them. Started this season affirmatively and clearly because of last year. Don't think we'd be where we are if I had arrived in the summer. Brought the right players in and adapted well

Manage expectations?
Too early to set goals. Do better than last year and get a good start. Happy to start at home. Play progressively and with quality.

Bamford 90?
Massive. Huge week for him. Looks great, looks strong, looks sharp. Good thing is having Patrick closer to 100 per cent helps us work tactically with what he needs to look like. Looks great and fit, psychologically excited and we have a great player on our hands, Not quite 100 per cent, but close.

Competition?
Joffy needed off the bench at times. Rodri as well. Dan perhaps, play with nines, half-nines, two strikers, central 10.

Importance of directly replacing Phillips?
Still have contact with him. I drove through the city last week and saw the mural. Got me emotional. Not having him in our kit is not easy to accept, but moving forward we knew it was not going to be replacing him with one player. Starting point: a lot of our players have adapted more and more. Forshaw, Adams and Roca fits well with what we need. Those two still have room for improvement. Could include Darko and Archie in those roles too.

Balance of Gelhardt and Bamford
They will dictate that more than anything. If Patrick is fit and strong, which he looks, then he will play a lot of minutes. I have to be cautious he has not played a lot in 10 months.

The more Joffy pushes himself, he's going to get more minutes and will be rewarded. Rodri is a big part of that puzzle. Big progress last few weeks. That's healthy competition and guys pushing each other. Brought the best out of guys.

My job to bring the best out of them with opportunities, training, treatment.

Aaronson's development
He could play false nine or half-nine too. Brenden's work ethic is different to any player I've known. Ability to adapt is best I have seen. League demands the best from people, will demand the best from him. Will have to manage situations. Knows how to challenge in behind, good in tight spaces and good around the goal. Going to get better.

Strongest line-up stronger now than last season?
Yes, because there is more clarity in how we play.

Emotions on Phillips mural?
When I knew I wanted to be a coach I thought it would be tactical and competition, but the father figure took a more prominent role because I care for people. This is a people business. Stressful time, 12 weeks, we invested everything. With that comes affection for the people and the situation and fondness for the fact we did it together. A group and everybody sacrificed everything they had to get there.

Mural of Kalvin makes it hard not seeing him every day. Young man you know has high potential and want to see him be successful.

Lijnders on five subs - your thoughts?
No secret I am behind it and like playing with power and speed and intensity. The more we can interject that into games the better. Excited to push every minute. A way to use more formations based on the game and use more players within formations to manipulate opponents.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Jesse Marsch pre Wolves

Post by 1964white »

Thanks Cjay.

Remember when Grayson use to say "We are working hard behind the scenes"

Poor sod did have Mr Bates as his boss though.
Kennyb41
First Team
First Team

Post by Kennyb41 »

I'll give him one thing, there's a lot of excitement in him.

The Wolves are at the door,

Where are our Yankee Doodle Dandy friends atm?...... don't disappear on us in this most crucial of times.

I hope i'm wrong in thinking 'are you deserting a sinking ship'
A self-confessed lover of Bigots, Walts, Otters and Dandelions.
Young Kennyboy :roflmao:
Must dash.
8-)
BlackHillsPaul
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Kennyb41 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:28 pm I'll give him one thing, there's a lot of excitement in him.

Where are our Yankee Doodle Dandy friends atm?...... don't disappear on us in this most crucial of times.

I'm riding my Harley across the Rocky Mountains right now. Be with you in a minute.... 8-)
Football/Futbol/Soccer
Kennyb41
First Team
First Team

Post by Kennyb41 »

I hope you're as super excited as me Paul, i can finally see what he's trying to do, it could be absolutely fantastic if he has the managerial skills to pull it off, it's exciting attacking football, all the players have bought into it, our club has bought into it, big Jesse backed to the hilt for it to work.....IT'S ALL DOWN TO JESSE NOW !

As Sara would say.....'what ever could go wrong?'

And the friendly results suggest we're heading for Europe!.....
Must dash.
8-)
Kennyb41
First Team
First Team

Post by Kennyb41 »

Btw, the bookies have it pretty tight, with us slight favourites.
Must dash.
8-)
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Attachments
Screenshot 2022-08-05 172521.png
'We can wait for the next game with serenity' Marcelo Bielsa

'Would he kill his granny to win a match?' Bobby Collins

"Anyone need a hug? Jesse Marsch
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Kennyb41 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:28 pm I'll give him one thing, there's a lot of excitement in him.

I'll refer you to Klich's tweet. Just insert "Kenny" for "Bob." ;-)

I will say, in true American style, this ain't no sinking ship.