Bamba Dieng

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Scoobychief
First Team
First Team

Bamba Dieng

Post by Scoobychief »

New name linked to striker, fake news or not, getting to be a joke now this, should have been No1 priority a striker this season. should have been bought long ago tried and tested.
Rover
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Bamba Dieng

Post by Rover »

Scoobychief wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:49 am New name linked to striker, fake news or not, getting to be a joke now this, should have been No1 priority a striker this season. should have been bought long ago tried and tested.
We came into this window needing a couple of CM's, a LB, CF and back-up keeper.
Nearly at the start of the new season and we've signed four CM's, a winger we didn't need, a RB we didn't need, no LB, no CF and we hear a back-up keeper is posibly on his way. :duno:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Rover wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:42 pm We came into this window needing a couple of CM's, a LB, CF and back-up keeper.
Nearly at the start of the new season and we've signed four CM's, a winger we didn't need, a RB we didn't need, no LB, no CF and we hear a back-up keeper is posibly on his way. :duno:
Kristensen is a terrific RB signing, an upgrade on Luke Ayling who won't return from his injury until at least the end of September. Dallas is probably out for months, which leaves us with young Cody Drameh, a kid who couldn't lace Rasmus's boots right now.
Overman
First Team
First Team

Post by Overman »

1964white wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:50 pm Kristensen is a terrific RB signing, an upgrade on Luke Ayling who won't return from his injury until at least the end of September. Dallas is probably out for months, which leaves us with young Cody Drameh, a kid who couldn't lace Rasmus's boots right now.
Indeed, Kristensen is much need and definitely an upgrade on Ayling. He brings that much needed physicality to our backline, unlike Llorente, it's like having Bamford playing at centre-back.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Rover wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:42 pm We came into this window needing a couple of CM's, a LB, CF and back-up keeper.
We needed, first, to replace Kalvin and Raphinha. We got Sinisterra, Roca, and Adams. We needed to upgrade in the attacking midfield and we got Aaronson. We needed wing backs and we got Kristensen, but we didn't get anyone to cover/replace Firpo. A new striker would be great, but (and I realize I'm in the minority here) I agree with Marsch that, in a healthy Bamford, we have a great player on our hands.

All in all, I would give our club a very good grade for the transfer work they've done so far, and I don't think they're done yet. According to Phil Hay they identified six transfer targets at the start of the summer and missed only on CDK, so I think they'll be very careful about bringing anyone else in at this point.

Dieng looks to have more pace than Paddy (and possible Gelhardt) and a good deal of skill. Don't know that he represents an upgrade, though.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

John in Louisiana wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:00 pm We needed, first, to replace Kalvin and Raphinha. We got Sinisterra, Roca, and Adams. We needed to upgrade in the attacking midfield and we got Aaronson. We needed wing backs and we got Kristensen, but we didn't get anyone to cover/replace Firpo. A new striker would be great, but (and I realize I'm in the minority here) I agree with Marsch that, in a healthy Bamford, we have a great player on our hands.

All in all, I would give our club a very good grade for the transfer work they've done so far, and I don't think they're done yet. According to Phil Hay they identified six transfer targets at the start of the summer and missed only on CDK, so I think they'll be very careful about bringing anyone else in at this point.

Dieng looks to have more pace than Paddy (and possible Gelhardt) and a good deal of skill. Don't know that he represents an upgrade, though.
I'm in that minority, John.

Paddy will score goals as long as he remains fit & healthy, of course he gives us so much more than just his goals, not one of our forwards defend from the front or at the opposition's set-pieces as Bamford does.
Jimang
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Jimang »

I am feeling much more positive, the CM signings were long overdue, the RB is a big upgrade for us and the back up keeper looks to be going through this coming week. I understand we dragged our feet over the CF, but he was considered the best choice so I can see why we waited on him. Priority for me is a LB and I think we should push hard for Cornet. I think Kali is the favorite striker if we can sell ourselves to him.