General Chat

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
SaraM
Superstar
Superstar

Re: General Chat

Post by SaraM »

Kennyb41 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:25 pm On a sidenote, where's Victor vanished to after our first win, was enjoying his company?

Too many guitars to fix Vic?
I was wondering what his opinion would be of my new girly pink Gretsch.
SaraM
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SaraM »

1964white wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:15 pm Bowls at Scalby just outside Scarborough this evening.

Was 30 degrees at the Cranswick club when I popped in earlier this afternoon.

Thankfully 20 degrees is forecasted for tonight :sun:

Nice pub/restaurant in Scalby, Jill & I stayed there for a weekend a few years ago, posh, pricey but excellent & recommended.
Should be cooler on the coast, you would think... hopefully with a bit of a breeze.

Friends are camping in Pembrokeshire atm, and it's too hot to move. Their kids are ginger too, so they're having to keep them in the shade.

When we were camping in Dorset it was 'only' about 25, and even that was far too hot for being in the tent. Meant you had to be on the go all day.

*When I say 'on the go', I mean sitting in a shady pub garden.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SaraM wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:29 pm Should be cooler on the coast, you would think... hopefully with a bit of a breeze.

Friends are camping in Pembrokeshire atm, and it's too hot to move. Their kids are ginger too, so they're having to keep them in the shade.

When we were camping in Dorset it was 'only' about 25, and even that was far too hot for being in the tent. Meant you had to be on the go all day.

Extremely hot in Wales today.

Yes, I'm looking forward to the breeze this evening :-D
hector

Post by hector »

SaraM wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:17 pm Agreed... nd the ability to only quote a section of a post instead of the whole lot.
Just delete the bits out that you don't want once yuo have pasted it...

:P
DILLIGAF??

I'm just WTF-ing my way through life......
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

SaraM wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:29 pm Should be cooler on the coast, you would think... hopefully with a bit of a breeze.

Worst holiday for heat I remember was when we were sailing around the Dutch waterways. Not sure what the temperature was but it was too hot to be out in it for long periods which is really difficult when you have to be in an open cockpit to steer the boat. Down below deck in the saloon was like an oven so no real escape there either. We had every hatch open but there was no wind so we ended up with cold soaking wet flannels on our heads....we must have looked like a right proper pair of Charlies!
Kennyb41
Manager
Manager

Post by Kennyb41 »

SaraM wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:14 pm My experience of football forums is that I spend most of my time talking about music and general non-football shizzle. There's only so much you can say about Jesse Marsch's involvement with the Trump empire, after all.

And then the football info and goss is on hand when you need it... win/ win.
Tbh Sara and don't take this negatively, but you say sooooooooooo much with so few words re footy, one liners that speak volumes.

It's looking better to have all your tittle tattle here, yes win/win,

It's sounding like you're all having some grand weather over there atm, a good washing day as my Gran would say, did you manage to get your smalls done Mrs 64 ?
A self-confessed lover of Bigots, Walts, Otters and Dandelions.
Young Kennyboy :roflmao:
Must dash.
8-)
SaraM
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SaraM »

hector wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:44 pm Just delete the bits out that you don't want once yuo have pasted it...

:P
I usually do that, but it's a faff, innit!

:roll:
SaraM
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SaraM »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:50 pm Worst holiday for heat I remember was when we were sailing around the Dutch waterways. Not sure what the temperature was but it was too hot to be out in it for long periods which is really difficult when you have to be in an open cockpit to steer the boat. Down below deck in the saloon was like an oven so no real escape there either. We had every hatch open but there was no wind so we ended up with cold soaking wet flannels on our heads....we must have looked like a right proper pair of Charlies!
It's really oppressive if you can't get away from it... at least you had the option of jumping in the canal.

Hottest we had was 44 on Kefalonia one August. Coped with it by riding round the coast road on a scooter, and stopping every few miles to get in the sea.
SaraM
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SaraM »

Kennyb41 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:51 pm Tbh Sara and don't take this negatively, but you say sooooooooooo much with so few words re footy, one liners that speak volumes.

It's looking better to have all your tittle tattle here, yes win/win,

It's sounding like you're all having some grand weather over there atm, a good washing day as my Gran would say, did you manage to get your smalls done Mrs 64 ?
I don't know enough to string full sentences together....
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

SaraM wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:21 pm I'm a massive hypocrite with meat eating; I have totally arbitrary rules about which creatures are too cute to scoff, and that includes 🦔 🦆 🦀
Arbitrary rules are the best ones imo
Cry Summerville and let slip the dogs of war
mentalcase
Manager
Manager

Post by mentalcase »

SaraM wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:18 pm Ah, well done...
:clap:
Keep Fighting
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

I post a lot of football stuff and music over on the other site, Random Musings over there the best thread Waccoe has ever had, not even close

Anyway, better than Zep.
If you're not listening to Playing For Change ...why the f**k not?
hector

Post by hector »

I watched and listened to that a while back...

I like it
DILLIGAF??

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

Can never remember which I've posted where... Hell of a voice Buffalo Nichols, Always had a problem with Plant's shriek
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

Did I do this one too
-

The excellent Tal Wilkenfeld on this one
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:24 pm I watched and listened to that a while back...

I like it
Creep :mrgreen:
hector

Post by hector »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:56 pm Creep :mrgreen:
Ah shut the duck up

:P :P :)
DILLIGAF??

SaraM
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SaraM »

Playing for change is great, I never get tired of watching them.
Jaydog
Manager
Manager

Post by Jaydog »

SaraM wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:53 am "Yeah that's what Clapton said to me back in the day. "Good god Dog just plug it in and strum it man, it's bloody easy".
It's on my list when I retire this year (pretty please) but good to know it's not late.
Oh and learn a new language too. The bars quite high. Intentional leaving out of an A there. Im not using them anymore. Keep Ken busy"

Replying to JD here... what did Clapton know, eh? I don't rate him at all, and I do think he's an example of someone who's playing didn't really develop beyond his original proficiency with blues licks. Always find it funny that the riff he's best known for was played by Duane Allman.

Languages, I wish I could learn, but I lack the aptitude and dedication. I know a couple who teach themselves a new language every year or so, and they're fluent in at least a dozen.

I'm teaching myself ancient astrology, which is ferociously complicated. I reckon it'll take two or three years to get the basics.
Only just seen this.
I’m no guitar expert. I like Mark Knopfler and the Pink Floyd bloke Dave Gilmour. But I say this because I like their music and not from a technical point of view. I’d say Knopfler must be good. Surely.
Languages. I met a Scandinavian chap when I toured Greece for a year in my youth. He spoke 7 or 8. His secret, live with a family who don’t speak English. That’s what he was doing in Greece.
Astrology. I love stars while I’m cracking up at the mad hedgehogs having a bust. 2 large males being cruel to a female last night. You can’t intervene, it’s nature :)
Jaydog
Manager
Manager

Post by Jaydog »

General chat. Great thread btw.
Today I was very unlucky according to a gas man. Very unlucky that whilst repairing a customers front garden fence posts I inadvertently compressed something sharp (that I couldn’t see) onto the pipe below.
Smell of gas + hissing noise = ;mbags: ;mbags: