General Chat

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: General Chat

Post by Sara »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:33 am Have we figured out this quoting in another space thingy yet,

I'd already presumed you just delete stuff if you only wanted a certain line showing, but i find it less faff if i just put the line in bold (I don't know why, but it gives me a certain little sexual pleasure type of feeling when i put something in bold and like to use it whenever possible, so if you see anything of mine in bold, just think of my feelings wilya)

I'm also struggling to use multiple quotes, well i say struggling, i haven't even tried to figure it out yet, i just know it's gonna be way too hard for me, and i have a life.

I got a stiffy on when i found out how easy it was to do that you tube thingy, i was on my 4th laptop at that point though, so any help is much appreciated.
I'm an italics girl myself. I find it a more elegant way of adding emphasis.

I don't think we can do multiple quotes, so I'll have to reply to each comment separately.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

hector wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:56 am I don't get all the lovies singing the praises of Anne Heche...
The drugged up trollop drove her car into someones house, and blew the bloody thing up......
Never a mention of the poor sod who's house it was.....

I think some perspective needs to be introduced here...
She and DeGeneres looked like sisters.

624A0C46-A088-4C7F-9844-8D57D0A977C8.jpeg
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SaraM wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:56 pm

No, I didn't know that about hedgehogs!

Jupiter is the big bright looking star out at the moment, facing east. Just about to come up, actually, to the left of the moon.

18CC3941-DFB1-4FFD-9FB8-C92562EDAA44.jpeg
SaraM wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:03 am

I'm an italics girl myself. I find it a more elegant way of adding emphasis.

I don't think we can do multiple quotes, so I'll have to reply to each comment separately.
Are you sure about that?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

My worst midge experience was at a midsummer festival in Scotland in the 90s. The conditions were perfect for them; it'd been raining for days, then the sun came out, and it was very warm.

They swarmed all over you and there was no way to get away from them. I remember talking to a man with a white beard, which appeared black for being covered with the pesky things.

I even took up smoking cigars to keep a cloud of smoke around me as a deterrent. I was completely covered with bites, every inch. The only way to soothe the itching was to rub whisky on them.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

faaip wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:13 am Are you sure about that?
How, dammit, how?!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

From the reply box just scroll down to see previous replies, newest first, and hit quote
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

faaip wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:22 am From the reply box just scroll down to see previous replies, newest first, and hit quote
faaip wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:13 am Are you sure about that?
Wow!!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SaraM wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:27 amWow!!
spinny w**k like
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SaraM wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:19 am My worst midge experience was at a midsummer festival in Scotland in the 90s. The conditions were perfect for them; it'd been raining for days, then the sun came out, and it was very warm.

They swarmed all over you and there was no way to get away from them. I remember talking to a man with a white beard, which appeared black for being covered with the pesky things.

I even took up smoking cigars to keep a cloud of smoke around me as a deterrent. I was completely covered with bites, every inch. The only way to soothe the itching was to rub whisky on them.
What a waste of whisky, but needs must to deter the little blighters.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SaraM wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:04 pm Playing for change is great, I never get tired of watching them.
I love em, the engineering, the images, the colour

Slash on this one, plus another good drummer of the deadlier sex

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Tinariwen on this

One of my favourites
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

SaraM wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:00 pm It's really oppressive if you can't get away from it... at least you had the option of jumping in the canal.

Hottest we had was 44 on Kefalonia one August. Coped with it by riding round the coast road on a scooter, and stopping every few miles to get in the sea.
I wouldn't want to dip a toe into the canals with all the sea toilets trundling up and down :poo: :lol:
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:47 am I wouldn't want to dip a toe into the canals with all the sea toilets trundling up and down :poo: :lol:
Reminds me of the classic film Caddyshack. The turd in the pool scene.
Slight tangent here - Faaip plays golf like Happy Gilmore.
Great golf films both.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

You're not far wrong, but with a lot less talent.
hector

Post by hector »

I see the weather has turned out nice again today!!
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

1964white wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:29 am What a waste of whisky, but needs must to deter the little blighters.
We bought Bell's especially. Wouldn't waste the good stuff.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

hector wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:19 am I see the weather has turned out nice again today!!
Thanks Michael Fish.
When and where will the t-storms be, that’s the question :duno:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SaraM wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:37 am We bought Bell's especially. Wouldn't waste the good stuff.
Not a waste then :lol:
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

faaip wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:34 am I love em, the engineering, the images, the colour

Slash on this one, plus another good drummer of the deadlier sex

The places, the people... fantastic.

Liniker has changed, mind...
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

faaip wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:17 am You're not far wrong, but with a lot less talent.
We’d all like to play golf like HG.
Or Bill Murray in CS. “Cinderella story, out of nowhere, 450 yards to the pin, got about a 5 iron.......”. Makes me laugh every time tbh.