Leeds vs Villa Player Ratings

Predict the scores...if you can!

- LUFC Match Predictions
- Predict Six
- FA Cup Predictions

Plenty to choose from - dip in and have a go - all MOT members welcome. Just for fun.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Leeds vs Villa Player Ratings

Post by Cjay »

Meslier
Kristensen
Struijk
Cooper
Koch
Roca
Adams
Harrison
Sinisterra
Aaronson
Rodrigo

Bamford
Ayling
Klich
Firpo
Summerville

1-10 please and any short analysis
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds vs Villa Player Ratings

Post by The Subhuman »

Meslier - 5
Kristensen - 9
Struijk - 6
Adams - 7
Koch - 8
Cooper - 7
Sinisterra - 7
Roca - 8
Rodrigo - 6.5
Aaronson - 6.5
Harrison - 6

Firpo - 6.5
Klich - 7
Summerville - 7
Ayling - 8
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

It was that bad my memory has almost erased the performance already. Here goes tho.

Meslier 5: Like the rest of the side looked like he was still on the beach doing seal impressions. He just about misjudged every ball he went to claim in the air, punched when he should have caught the ball but as always makes a couple of crucial saves.
Kristensen 6: Atleast he looked up for it. Got forward more than usual.
Struijk 4: Can't remember him doing much but we got a clean sheet so he must have contributed.
Cooper 5: Some decent headed clearances but the usual putting us under pressure one's as well.
Koch 4: Another one who slips the mind but hey we got a clean sheet.
Roca 3: Possibly his worst game. Not the usual driving force we needed very sloppy with some of his passing played a couple of good ones out wide. Taken off i feel to protect him from a red card.
Adams 6: Well below his usual high standards but kept going and covered alot of ground.
Harrison 3: Not Jacks day. When things are not going well for the team they usually are not going well for Jack.
Sinisterra 5: The one bright spark first half, the one who i always hope can produce some magic from somewhere. He did produce some majick straight from the book of Aleister Crowley.
Aaronson 2) He put the A into anonymous today. Really poor performance from our engine room.
Rodrigo 5) If only he got a touch on that early half chance. Worked about as hard as he could.

Bamford 5) I think he may have even had a shot....
Ayling 3) Played more like Tonto. Skinned afew times when he came on. One good tackle i can remember. Bill is at his best when we are on top of things.
Klich 3) Klich discipline drives me nuts. Altho it seems to be catching on the rest of them. Bielsa must be pulling his hair out.
Firpo 4) Looked ok.
Summerville

Poor discipline, lack of imagination and creativity, lethargic and clumsy and we still got a point with Ten men. I should be a little happy but i can't raise a smile. So i have decided to turn the mirror upside down.

For what's it worth i thought the ref had no choice but to book the players such was the quality in the game.

Jesse in the stands saved him from getting sent off again.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Meslier 7
3 flaps (although on replay one was a foul) and saved by the woodwork. But made key saves when it mattered. And a rare clean sheet.

Kristensen 7
Solid defensively. And an early retribution on McGinn. Starting to establish himself. Needs to show more going forward - we need that spark that we saw when Ayling came on as sub against Brentford.

Struijk 7
Rather quiet game. Nothing of fault defensively.

Cooper 7
A little rusty being his 1st game since (April? May?). But part of a commendable clean sheet. Has organization of the defence that we miss without him.

Koch 8
Probably our best player on the day. He seems in cruise control most of the time.

Roca 6
A bit of a scrappy performance from him. Helped out the defence but offered little in transition. Yellow card hampered him.

Adams 5
Probably his quietest game so far. Like Roca, commendable for the clean sheet. But just didn't seem to get into the game at all

Harrison 4
Did he even play? Lost on the right side. Noticeable that we focussed our attacks with Sinisterra on the left. Harrison is at his best swinging in crosses from the byline and has to play left or not at all.

Sinisterra 6
Our best player for 48 minutes. Offered a few bright moments around the box. Sending off was just naive and inexcusable.

Aaronson 4
Like Harrison, a virtual non-presence. He didn't do anything wrong, but he/we just need to figure out how to get involved in the game

Rodrigo 6
A few bright moments. Might have done better if he hadn't been out for so long.

Bamford 6
Shows so much more than anyone else at #9. Created a couple of good opportunities that could have been the winning goal.

Ayling 6
Would have like to see him start as he offers something extra going forward. Didn't get to do that given the red card, but made some solid defensive interceptions.

Klich 5
Offered some good experience and gamesmanship to frustrate Villa in the latter part of the game. Could have scored the winner.

Firpo 6
Some useful minutes and looks good to have a natural LB back again.

Summerville 5
Lots of energy, but unable to make much of an impact
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:46 pm Meslier 7
3 flaps (although on replay one was a foul) and saved by the woodwork. But made key saves when it mattered. And a rare clean sheet.

Kristensen 7
Solid defensively. And an early retribution on McGinn. Starting to establish himself. Needs to show more going forward - we need that spark that we saw when Ayling came on as sub against Brentford.

Struijk 7
Rather quiet game. Nothing of fault defensively.

Cooper 7
A little rusty being his 1st game since (April? May?). But part of a commendable clean sheet. Has organization of the defence that we miss without him.

Koch 8
Probably our best player on the day. He seems in cruise control most of the time.

Roca 6
A bit of a scrappy performance from him. Helped out the defence but offered little in transition. Yellow card hampered him.

Adams 5
Probably his quietest game so far. Like Roca, commendable for the clean sheet. But just didn't seem to get into the game at all

Harrison 4
Did he even play? Lost on the right side. Noticeable that we focussed our attacks with Sinisterra on the left. Harrison is at his best swinging in crosses from the byline and has to play left or not at all.

Sinisterra 6
Our best player for 48 minutes. Offered a few bright moments around the box. Sending off was just naive and inexcusable.

Aaronson 4
Like Harrison, a virtual non-presence. He didn't do anything wrong, but he/we just need to figure out how to get involved in the game

Rodrigo 6
A few bright moments. Might have done better if he hadn't been out for so long.

Bamford 6
Shows so much more than anyone else at #9. Created a couple of good opportunities that could have been the winning goal.

Ayling 6
Would have like to see him start as he offers something extra going forward. Didn't get to do that given the red card, but made some solid defensive interceptions.

Klich 5
Offered some good experience and gamesmanship to frustrate Villa in the latter part of the game. Could have scored the winner.

Firpo 6
Some useful minutes and looks good to have a natural LB back again.

Summerville 5
Lots of energy, but unable to make much of an impact
A girl who knows her stuff and was at the game, posting on the best thread on waccoe wrote

"Aaronson was kicked all over the pitch, Mings (as per usual) committed foul after foul but wasn’t booked and Watkins deliberately stuck his knee into the back of our defender (usually Koch) in every aerial challenge but also wasn’t booked."

and she's right, every time Aaronson got near the ball he was taken out by Villa.. Both Watkins and Mings got the refs protection all game.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

faaip wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:06 pm A girl who knows her stuff and was at the game, posting on the best thread on waccoe wrote

"Aaronson was kicked all over the pitch, Mings (as per usual) committed foul after foul but wasn’t booked and Watkins deliberately stuck his knee into the back of our defender (usually Koch) in every aerial challenge but also wasn’t booked."

and she's right, every time Aaronson got near the ball he was taken out by Villa.. Both Watkins and Mings got the refs protection all game.
"A girl who knows her stuff" and everyone on this forum agreed that the referee was inconsistent in his discipline between the two teams.

But I can't improve Aaronson's rating given that he couldn't get involved in the game.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Meslier - 5 - Flapped at a lot of crosses but made some crucial saves.
Kristensen - 7
Struijk - 7
Adams - 7
Koch - 8 - koch and coops look a solid pairing at the back
Cooper - 8
Sinisterra - 4
Roca - 7
Rodrigo - 7
Aaronson - 2 - first time I've properly watched him and man is he lightweight, I was so disappointed given the rave reviews recently
Harrison - 4 - anonymous

Firpo - 4 - looks constantly petrified on the ball
Klich - 4 - I watched him closely and looked like he didn't care, barely moved
Summerville - 4 - tried to get involved but lost the ball on multiple occasions
Ayling - 7
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:18 pm "A girl who knows her stuff" and everyone on this forum agreed that the referee was inconsistent in his discipline between the two teams.

But I can't improve Aaronson's rating given that he couldn't get involved in the game.
ey, but it was on the "best thread on waccoe" ;-)
pjm2019
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by pjm2019 »

Meslier -4
Kristensen - 7
Struijk - 6
Adams - 7
Koch - 8
Cooper - 7
Sinisterra - 5 should of been subbed at half time as he looked very tired
Roca - 8
Rodrigo - 6.5
Aaronson - 6.5
Harrison - 6

Firpo - 6.5
Klich - 7
Summerville - 3 just not good enough for premership
Ayling - 7
Johnboy1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnboy1965 »

Meslier 6
Kristensen 7
Struijk 7
Cooper 7
Koch 7
Roca 6
Adams 7
Harrison 3
Sinisterra 5
Aaronson 5
Rodrigo 6

Bamford 6
Ayling 6
Klich 6
Firpo 6
Summerville 5
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

6 Meslier - flapping like a bird at crosses, but made two crucial saves.

9 Kristensen - His best game for Leeds unsure why he was subbed, contender for the MOTM.

7 Struijk - Decent at the back, not great going forward.

9 Koch - Hardly put a foot or head wrong, commanding.

7 Cooper - Hit & miss, but we appear better with Coops in the side.

7 Roca - Possibly our best player in the first-half

8 Adams - Another strong performance, rarely concedes possession.

3 Harrison - Jack of old.....awful!

5 Sinisterra - Would have got a rating of 8 if not for dismissal, unlucky I thought

6 Aaronson - Villa targeted Brendan, clattered four times from the back, not one yellow card for his offenders

6.5 Rodrigo - Worked his socks off

Subs

7 Bamford - Paddy provided us with our best efforts in the last few minutes.

5 Ayling - Nowhere near match-fit, got done for pace three times.

5 Klich - His thugduggery help us get over the line.

6 Firpo - Had his good moments, nearly gifted them a goal with his suicidal pass near the end.

5Summerville - Struggled, not his game,
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:44 pm It was that bad my memory has almost erased the performance already. Here goes tho.

Meslier 5: Like the rest of the side looked like he was still on the beach doing seal impressions. He just about misjudged every ball he went to claim in the air, punched when he should have caught the ball but as always makes a couple of crucial saves.
Kristensen 6: Atleast he looked up for it. Got forward more than usual.
Struijk 4: Can't remember him doing much but we got a clean sheet so he must have contributed.
Cooper 5: Some decent headed clearances but the usual putting us under pressure one's as well.
Koch 4: Another one who slips the mind but hey we got a clean sheet.
Roca 3: Possibly his worst game. Not the usual driving force we needed very sloppy with some of his passing played a couple of good ones out wide. Taken off i feel to protect him from a red card.
Adams 6: Well below his usual high standards but kept going and covered alot of ground.
Harrison 3: Not Jacks day. When things are not going well for the team they usually are not going well for Jack.
Sinisterra 5: The one bright spark first half, the one who i always hope can produce some magic from somewhere. He did produce some majick straight from the book of Aleister Crowley.
Aaronson 2) He put the A into anonymous today. Really poor performance from our engine room.
Rodrigo 5) If only he got a touch on that early half chance. Worked about as hard as he could.

Bamford 5) I think he may have even had a shot....
Ayling 3) Played more like Tonto. Skinned afew times when he came on. One good tackle i can remember. Bill is at his best when we are on top of things.
Klich 3) Klich discipline drives me nuts. Altho it seems to be catching on the rest of them. Bielsa must be pulling his hair out.
Firpo 4) Looked ok.
Summerville

Poor discipline, lack of imagination and creativity, lethargic and clumsy and we still got a point with Ten men. I should be a little happy but i can't raise a smile. So i have decided to turn the mirror upside down.

For what's it worth i thought the ref had no choice but to book the players such was the quality in the game.

Jesse in the stands saved him from getting sent off again.
OUCH!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

danhirons wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:08 am ey, but it was on the "best thread on waccoe" ;-)
oh f**k off, what with the snide piss taking?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:06 pm A girl who knows her stuff and was at the game, posting on the best thread on waccoe wrote

You don't need others from another forum to tell us that mate.

I was at the game too.

Villa targeted Antonson, they knew if they stopped Brendan by any means, Villa stopped Leeds.

Four times clattered from the back, Mings, Augustinsson & Bednarek did a real job on him, I'm surprised he is still standing. I bet he has some stud marks on his legs from their thuggery tactics.

Koch was yellow carded for a decent tackle on Watkins.

Attwell was quick to show Sinisterra a yellow card for a less dangerous challenge.

The referee was definitely Villa's twelfth man, gave us no protection whatsoever & hindered our play with his erratic & non-decisions.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Anymore ratings?
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

1964white wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:27 pm Villa targeted Antonson, they knew if they stopped Brendan by any means, Villa stopped Leeds.

Four times clattered from the back, Mings, Augustinsson & Bednarek did a real job on him, I'm surprised he is still standing. I bet he has some stud marks on his legs from their thuggery tactics.
Same happened to Aaronson in the USA v Japan game. Got kicked so many times. I was cringing, especially that he played the whole 90. He's a marked man wherever he's playing.

I do stand by my below par rating. Aaronson deserves more protection from the refs - actually he deserves a ref that plays by the rules. But class players will find a way to counter those tactics. I was watching highlights today of Ronaldinho getting a kicking against Real Madrid, then making a complete mockery of them.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

faaip wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:24 pm oh f**k off, what with the snide piss taking?
just a joke! was a strange comment to make (IMO) - we all watched the game, everyone's opinion on the internet/a forum is equal, what's the "best thread on waccoe" or someone who knows their stuff got to do with whether aaronson was fouled a lot or lightweight?!

regardless - other teams will pick up on this and take advantage, he needs to strengthen up mentality or physicality wise

not meant to be a big deal, was just said in lighthearted jest - which is maybe difficult to convey on a forum! :-D
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

1964white wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:12 pm OUCH!
:) It was dire for me 64. I am struggling to think of more than 2 times going forward we managed to string more than 3 passes together. Illan to the rescue again.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Leeds1000 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:45 pm :) It was dire for me 64. I am struggling to think of more than 2 times going forward we managed to string more than 3 passes together. Illan to the rescue again.
and others to the rescue when Meslier missed 3/4 crosses :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Top 3

:gold: = Kristensen
:gold: = Koch
:bronze: Cooper