Jesse Marsch post Villa

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Jesse Marsch post Villa

Post by Cjay »

Marsch's here - reaction?
First half could have been more assertive. Hard to tell if our confidence was lacking a little because off for some time. Always want group to play brave, play forward, be calm, but first half all in all satisfactory.

Second yellow is not an intelligent play and gets Luis, us, in trouble. Worked on man-down tactics two weeks ago. Even submitted a video for them to work last night. Prep helped and you also see the character of our team, the fight, willingness to run. Always had that

Referee
Not commenting.

Hard to get into the flow?
Yes. Already spoken to PGMOL. Took up 90 minutes of our time this week to do better with the run of play in matches. This feels like a tactic from the opposition against us. Feel sorry for the fans to see this disruption.

Cooper
One of the reasons we put Luke on the pitch, and Coops, was the mental attributes they have, Guys off the bench did everything they could. Moments in there where we can be smarter. Manage moments, but in the end keep working towards that. Intelligence. Always draw like we did today. Good clean sheet, but more to do.

Gelhardt
Fitness test. He was perfectly healthy, but we wanted him to do some running to boost his fitness levels.

Bamford
Patrick had a little knock. Not able to train all week. Some doubt about his availability. Almost told you on Friday. Felt strongly he would be available today.

How easy to control games from the press box?
Tried not to be in Jacko's ear every 30 seconds. Good communication. Staff carried out the plan. Discussed subs as we had different discussions. Changes were good. Staff outstanding managing the situation. Prefer not to put anyone else in that situation again.

Gelhardt
Not based on performance. A lot of guys performing well. Could say pecking order, but I really like Joffy. Maybe use him on Tuesday with a few others. Please don't take it as a negative from Joffy.

Sinisterra
We have a young team. Made the decision to go after players we believe have high potential and fit the way we want to play. Not as much PL experience and taste means I have to be patient. All growing this together and trying to be intelligent and savvy.

Youths will make mistakes?
I have become a manager who coaches a lot of young players. Helped them in their lives and careers and you have to be patient with their foolish mistakes. In the process, help them learn from their mistakes. We are doing that

Atmosphere among the fans?
Feel like we have to apologise because they don't get entertainment. Slowed down by the opponent.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Jesse Marsch post Villa

Post by Cjay »

Good on Marsch for calling out the time wasting.

Bamford is very concerning, pretty clear his fitness is clinging on by a thread.

Does that mean Gelhardt was dropped ?
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

90 mins v Tranmere would be good for Joffy, same goes for Summerville, Klaesson, Hjelde, Greenwood, Drameh.
andrewjohnsmith
Manager
Manager

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Cjay wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:54 pm Good on Marsch for calling out the time wasting.

Bamford is very concerning, pretty clear his fitness is clinging on by a thread.

Does that mean Gelhardt was dropped ?
With Bamford on the bench, heard to see Joffy getting on the pitch

If it had been Rodrigo on the bench, I see where you bring Joffy on

Other than that, I guess he just saw more options with Gnonto, Summerville, and Greenwood

Suggestion is he'll play in the reserves on Tuesday
We've been through it all together. And we've had our ups and downs
andrewjohnsmith
Manager
Manager

I think Jesse was off the mark with the time wasting. There were a couple of moments. But it was nothing like the Everton game.

He could have complained more about level officiating. We deserved our yellows. They got away with several bad challenges that our players got booked for. Like for like. The result is that our players get frustrated and commit more fouls.

If anything, I'd say he needs to quit on the officials and start focussing on how we handle adversity as a team. Work on the things in our control and ideas to counter the opposition. Otherwise he's just going to get a bad rap (we don't have the benefit of being a top 6) and the officials will keep working against us
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:13 pm With Bamford on the bench, heard to see Joffy getting on the pitch

If it had been Rodrigo on the bench, I see where you bring Joffy on

Other than that, I guess he just saw more options with Gnonto, Summerville, and Greenwood

Suggestion is he'll play in the reserves on Tuesday
Will be interesting to see what he does vs Palace.

Personally I'd drop Greenwood for Gelhardt if it has to be that bench.

But Greenwood seems to be Jesse's Tyler Roberts.

Hopefully Joffy comes back next weekend
Signed

King Cjay

andrewjohnsmith
Manager
Manager

Cjay wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:48 pm Will be interesting to see what he does vs Palace.

Personally I'd drop Greenwood for Gelhardt if it has to be that bench.

But Greenwood seems to be Jesse's Tyler Roberts.

Hopefully Joffy comes back next weekend
There are times when I'd rather see Greenwood off the bench than Klich.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:53 pm There are times when I'd rather see Greenwood off the bench than Klich.
Doesn't convince me at all Greenwood tbh.

Rather see Gyabi on the bench given we spent £5mil on him and he is actually a midfielder.

Greenwood has Jack of all trades master of none vibes.
Signed

King Cjay

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:17 pm I think Jesse was off the mark with the time wasting. There were a couple of moments. But it was nothing like the Everton game.

He could have complained more about level officiating. We deserved our yellows. They got away with several bad challenges that our players got booked for. Like for like. The result is that our players get frustrated and commit more fouls.

If anything, I'd say he needs to quit on the officials and start focussing on how we handle adversity as a team. Work on the things in our control and ideas to counter the opposition. Otherwise he's just going to get a bad rap (we don't have the benefit of being a top 6) and the officials will keep working against us
Exactly! He needs to start earning his crust instead of blaming the opposition all the time. Just get on with it Jesse....work it out, that's what you're paid for!
Kennyb41
Manager
Manager

Post by Kennyb41 »

Jesse please stfu.

You'll get fcking nowhere, you're new here and embarrassing yourself, get on with stuffing them up the arse if they wanna slow things down, it's how it works here, teams figure you out and how to beat you, figure out how to beat the other fckers that have figured you out, do you only have this 1 masterplan ?....Villa 19 shots...Leeds 6 shots.....figure that out ffs.

From the BBC.....

'Slowed down by an opponent from the first minute'
Villa had 19 shots, seven on target, compared to six efforts from Leeds, with Patrick Bamford's late strike - saved by visiting keeper Emiliano Martinez - their only shot on target.

However, Marsch, who watched the game from the media seats at the back of a stand as he served a one-game touchline ban following his sending-off in last month's 5-2 loss to Brentford, felt Villa were negative from the start.

"I almost feel we have to apologise to our fans," added the American.

"They didn't get an entertaining match, they got a match that was slowed down by an opponent from the first minute and they [the fans] don't get to enjoy coming to Elland Road as much as they should.

"I will be speaking to someone from the league and [have] already spoken to the referees' committee, it's clearly a tactic. I feel bad for our fans, they have to watch that and they don't get an energetic game.

"It's respect for how we play against the ball, in the aggression we show and quality we have against the ball. Our fans like to see us where the team plays with aggression and they [Villa] are trying to flip the script.

"I have had more referees that were able to manage it better - it leads to frustration to everyone in the crowd."
A self-confessed lover of Bigots, Walts, Otters and Dandelions.
Young Kennyboy :roflmao:
Must dash.
8-)
Jaydog
Manager
Manager

Post by Jaydog »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:17 pm I think Jesse was off the mark with the time wasting. There were a couple of moments. But it was nothing like the Everton game.

Yeah, I’m a bit bored of all the bleating about this is against us and that is against us. Such is life. The ref was absolutely awful but you have to find a way to deal with it and win anyway. There just seems a fragility to our play at times and if it’s easily dealt with by the opponents being negative then it doesn’t say much for us.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

You really have to be there to see all the shenanigans going on, it must be just as frustrating for our players as it is for the attending fans.

So much happening off the ball, you don't notice all the antics as much on the TV's/streams
Jaydog
Manager
Manager

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:28 pm You really have to be there to see all the shenanigans going on, it must be just as frustrating for our players as it is for the attending fans.

So much happening off the ball, you don't notice all the antics as much on the TV's/streams
Yes definitely Leon. There was loads of jeering from the home fans and we failed to see what was going on on Sky as they kept zoning in on this player or that player instead of panning out for a full view. Even Sky are against us 😀
I couldn’t work it out half the time but players like Mings and few others are only interested in the dark arts instead of playing football. I mean we were shite at times but Villa are relegation candidates 🤞🏼
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:48 pm Yes definitely Leon. There was loads of jeering from the home fans and we failed to see what was going on on Sky as they kept zoning in on this player or that player instead of panning out for a full view. Even Sky are against us 😀
I couldn’t work it out half the time but players like Mings and few others are only interested in the dark arts instead of playing football. I mean we were shite at times but Villa are relegation candidates 🤞🏼
I watched a full replay of the game, I noticed Sky weren't panning in on the shenanigans. Lots of time-wasting incidents concealed by SKY TV.

Funny enough, with about ten minutes remaining, the Leeds fans were celebrating as if we had scored a goal when the referee awarded us a free-kick, the cheers continued for about two minutes :lol:
andrewjohnsmith
Manager
Manager

1964white wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:28 pm You really have to be there to see all the shenanigans going on, it must be just as frustrating for our players as it is for the attending fans.

Totally get that. Nice to have a full view at times. I think you see a lot more on TV with close ups, replays, and commentary. But obviously you see a lot in the stadium that we don't. Also you have the advantage of seeing the game in the stadium then watching on TV later. God, I do miss my Elland Road days. Can't wait to make it back for another.

I usually watch the TV game twice - a second more objective viewing without all the emotion. But I still can't get to a rerun of that game yet. Did you put yourself through a rerun when you got home?
Jaydog
Manager
Manager

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:09 pm I watched a full replay of the game, I noticed Sky weren't panning in on the shenanigans. Lots of time-wasting incidents concealed by SKY TV.

Funny enough, with about ten minutes remaining, the Leeds fans were celebrating as if we had scored a goal when the referee awarded us a free-kick, the cheers continued for about two minutes :lol:
😀Yes. Definitely heard the ironic cheers from the crowd when we got the free kick.
Definitely dodged a bullet on the Cooper pull back mind you.
lufcconnor
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by lufcconnor »

I think the gaffer was absolutely right, but the game was still difficult to watch.
LEEDS LEEDS LEEDS!