MOTD following Villa draw

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
velo
Manager
Manager

MOTD following Villa draw

Post by velo »

Looking forward to the pundits comments re the poor performance by the ref, but then again, they hate us as much as the officials appear to.
Should be worth a laugh
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: MOTD following Villa draw

Post by Cjay »

velo wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:23 pm Looking forward to the pundits comments re the poor performance by the ref, but then again, they hate us as much as the officials appear to.
Should be worth a laugh
Was the ref poor or was he just inconsistent?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

Cjay wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:30 pm Was the ref poor or was he just inconsistent?
Both !
The last 4 games, we have had very poor refs
andrewjohnsmith
Manager
Manager

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Cjay wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:30 pm Was the ref poor or was he just inconsistent?
Inconsistent = Poor
We've been through it all together. And we've had our ups and downs
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:42 pm Inconsistent = Poor
Poor=bad decisions.

Inconsistent = Not showing consistency in the decisions he made.

Eg if you book Sinisterra for delaying the restart as per the rules then why not book Bailey?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

Cjay wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:48 pm Poor=bad decisions.

Eg if you book Sinisterra for delaying the restart as per the rules then why not book Bailey?
That has been my bug bear all season, we get punished for everything, while the refs give our opposition the benefit.It iss becoming pretty obvious that there is a vendetta against us. Now call me paranoid but the facts add up to bias against us
andrewjohnsmith
Manager
Manager

That's exactly why I say inconsistency is poor. Players need to know what the benchmark is. If one player gets a way with something and another doesn't, that's poor refereeing.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

He was desperate to send a Leeds player off today, just didn't think it'd be Sini.
andrewjohnsmith
Manager
Manager

velo wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:52 pm That has been my bug bear all season, we get punished for everything, while the refs give our opposition the benefit.It iss becoming pretty obvious that there is a vendetta against us. Now call me paranoid but the facts add up to bias against us
Inclined to agree. We know there's a Top 6 bias. Always has been. And referees much more willing to listen to top club managers and send off lower club maangers. But we're getting the s**t end against equal teams. Definitely a bias. I think too that Jesse has brought some of it on himself. He said openly last season he likes to influence the referees. What does that do in the mind of the referees? "He's going to try and influence me - I'll keep an eye on him."
Last edited by andrewjohnsmith on Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:53 pm That's exactly why I say inconsistency is poor. Players need to know what the benchmark is. If one player gets a way with something and another doesn't, that's poor refereeing.
:tup:

Reminds me of that ref we had v Brentford in the Championship, when Watkins dived and Pontus got banned for calling the ref out. Everything he let go for Brentford, Leeds were punished for. It's just bias to favour one side in your decision making and he wasn't subtle about it at all today.
Last edited by SG90 on Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andrewjohnsmith
Manager
Manager

SG90 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:55 pm He was desperate to send a Leeds player off today, just didn't think it'd be Sini.
Sini didnt deserve the first yellow. But given he got the first yellow, any referee would have sent him off for the 2nd offence.
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:56 pm Inclined to agree. We know there's a Top 6 bias. Always has been. And referees much more willing to listen to top club managers and send off lower club maangers. But we're getting the s**t end against equal teams. Definitely a bias. I think too that Jesse has brought some of it on himself. He said openly last season he likes to influence the referees. What does that do in the mind of the referees? "He's going to try and influence me - I'll keep an on him."
:tup:
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

What a surprise, they never mentioned the refs decisions