To all our American members

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
hector

To all our American members

Post by hector »

Happy Thanksgiving

:celeb: :celeb:
tg.jpg
tg.jpg (11.73 KiB) Viewed 2186 times
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: To all our American members

Post by Cjay »

8a5707021394aa5a1b14549c29add81a.gif
8a5707021394aa5a1b14549c29add81a.gif (1.66 MiB) Viewed 1539 times
:)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Hey Guys, Happy Thanksgiving :scar1 :clapp: :clape: :scarfe2:
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Might be fewer than first thought then, unless they're all pissed.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
hector

Post by hector »

Kennyb41 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:11 pm Might be fewer than first thought then, unless they're all pissed.
:rol: :rol:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Kennyb41 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:11 pm Might be fewer than first thought then, unless they're all pissed.
:)

I am surprised we haven't heard from any of them today mind.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

I should be so lucky. Long day at work.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:43 pm :)

I am surprised we haven't heard from any of them today mind.
I'm not ... I chat online to a lot of Americans over 25 fantasy leagues and it does get quiet on thanksgiving
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Hector, thank you for the kind wishes. And to all of you that joined in the sentiments. Thanksgiving is a HUGE deal for we Americans. It's a time when we gather together, break bread, and appreciate one another and the amazing blessings that have been bestowed upon ourselves and our Nation.

Millions of people across America are traveling to be with family and friends today. So you will understand if we are all a bit quiet online. But rest assured we are looking forward to tomorrow and the great opportunity to once again play England in the World Cup.

I would also like to say that I count my friends here at MOT among my blessings. I enjoy being part of this community of fellow football fanatics and Leeds United supporters. May you all enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving! It's an American tradition that can be participated in and enjoyed by all. Cheers!!! 8-)
Football/Futbol/Soccer
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:31 pm Hector, thank you for the kind wishes. And to all of you that joined in the sentiments. Thanksgiving is a HUGE deal for we Americans. It's a time when we gather together, break bread, and appreciate one another and the amazing blessings that have been bestowed upon ourselves and our Nation.

Millions of people across America are traveling to be with family and friends today. So you will understand if we are all a bit quiet online. But rest assured we are looking forward to tomorrow and the great opportunity to once again play England in the World Cup.

I would also like to say that I count my friends here at MOT among my blessings. I enjoy being part of this community of fellow football fanatics and Leeds United supporters. May you all enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving! It's an American tradition that can be participated in and enjoyed by all. Cheers!!! 8-)
I know it was first celebrated for the harvest by the Pilgrims and the Indians joined in,

but i prefer to think this is the time of year you celebrate us English deciding to give you Mongrels your country back but on the insistence you spoke English ;-)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, WE ACCEPT YOUR THANKS AND LET'S ALL DRINK TO THAT ! :beers:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Ingerlund Innnguuuurrrllluuunnndd.

Lets the best team win....England!! and the second best team.... the States finish second. :)

Joking apart it should be a good contest for 45mins before the Americans run out of steam and ideas. Keep an eye on the Captain America he's a marvel who will be out some avanger ance.
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Kennyb41 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:32 am I know it was first celebrated for the harvest by the Pilgrims and the Indians joined in,

but i prefer to think this is the time of year you celebrate us English deciding to give you Mongrels your country back but on the insistence you spoke English ;-)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, WE ACCEPT YOUR THANKS AND LET'S ALL DRINK TO THAT ! :beers:
USA is undefeated against England since 1776.... 8-)

And yet we were nice enough to keep you all from having to speak German... :beers: :roflmao:
Football/Futbol/Soccer
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:10 pm USA is undefeated against England since 1776.... 8-)

And yet we were nice enough to keep you all from having to speak German... :beers: :roflmao:
:lol: :tup:

Perfect retort :beers:

May the best team win.

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Since when did Americans speak English 🤔
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Where you watching Paul, at home, feet up and beers ?

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

The only other time England and the United States have met in the World Cup was in South Africa 12 years ago.

Fabio Capello was England coach back then and had overseen a stellar qualification to reach the tournament, with nine wins and a single defeat, in Ukraine. You remember, it was the campaign in which Theo Walcott scored a hat-trick in Croatia and we all got carried away. England scored 34 times, the most of any side to reach South Africa.

Capello took the oldest England World Cup squad ever to the event. Confidence was high. Much of the "Golden Generation" were still around - Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard, Terry. However, Rio Ferdinand suffered an injury ahead of the first game that ended his tournament. First up, was the Americans.

It started well. Steven Gerrard gave the Three Lions the lead in just the fourth minute. That was pretty much as good as it got. Rob Green's howler - allowing a tame, dribbling Clint Dempsey shot to find its way past him and over the line - served notice of the horror show to come.

That first game finished 1-1. England finished second behind the US in the group and that brought them face to face with Germany for one of the worst officiating decisions of all time in the midst of an absolute battering.

Green's mistake (29) and England humiliation at the hands of Germany (12) were both included in our list of great World Cup moments back in 2018...

;@)
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Kennyb41 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:24 pm Where you watching Paul, at home, feet up and beers ?
I wish Kenny. My Wife and I own an antique shop. Kind of her retirement project. And today being Black Friday, She needs a little help, So I'll be in the shop office trying to watch the match in between customers...
Football/Futbol/Soccer
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Jaydog wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:24 pm Since when did Americans speak English 🤔
One people divided only by a common language Jay.... :roflmao:
Football/Futbol/Soccer
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:39 pm One people divided only by a common language Jay.... :roflmao:
😂 spot on Paul
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Crikey that’s a mismatch. The old dog Carney v the other fit bird.