Jesse Marsch pre Accrington Stanley

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Jesse Marsch pre Accrington Stanley

Post by Cjay »

Injury latest
Adam, Archie are still out but Archie is active and Adam is feeling better. Cree should be available for nnext week. Coops and Adams are questionable. Cody Drameh, there will be an announcement on his loan today.

Are Cooper and Adams worth risking?
I want to see where they're at. We want to go for the victory. We have the chance to push and we want to take it seriously and put our best foot forward.

Rutter debut?
He's looked good in training, a high probability we start with him. He understands the principles and I'm excited to get him going

Wober and Koch partnership
I think the reason they performed well together is they're very intelligent. It's a possibility that we go with them again but we have to address being without Robin for Nottingham for sure

Marsch on the Cup on transfers
We spoke about the FA Cup in the US. We like the David v Goliath narrative. We never want the team to take things for granted and against lower league teams that's the most important thing.

Nothing else on transfers.

Chris Armas?
We tried to bring him here in summer but he had personal reasons. I know him very well, we played together for eight years, the respect I have for him is high and as a human being he's one of the best I have met. He understands the league, the football we're trying to play. It's a good fit.

Harrison - how important is he?
I've heard that there's things about him. He's an important player for us. I've not dicussed it with Jack because for me it's very clear

More on Armas
Maybe it'll take the Ted Lasso moniker away from me...

We know each other. He was my captain at Chicago Fire and my partner in midfield. We helped that club be successful. What we built in New York was also special. I was excited for him to get the experience at Man U. Once everything came about in the summer I thought it would have been the perfect fit but now is the right time.

He knows the tactics, he is very good in relationships too and understanding people and being a good listener.

Marsch on Accrington
I went down with my wife to watch the match. This is a manager's date night. I saw what the ground was like, it's always special, they have a lot of pride in the pitch they have. They have a lot of pride in what they've built there. They have a nice stadium atmosphere and our fans will come in numbers. They compete hard, they value the tournament, they play a lot of long balls and defend hard. We have to be ready for that and be ready to play our football.

On Drameh's situation
I see a future here for him, no doubt. We have a strong relationship. Over time us getting to know each other, he sees his potential here and he has a lot of excitement about the long-term project. I told him that we didn't have the opportunities for him to development but I thought it was important he goes to a club that pushes him. It was about trying to find the right club for him.

Sinisterra fitness
We just had a meeting with Luis and spoke about his development. We have to increase his fitness. He'll play on Saturday.

Marsch on squad management and the statement Armas' appointment sends
Everyone who is available will be in consideration to start and we'll push to be sharp in this match. Some guys need a rest like Rodrigo, he's still a potential starter but finding guys to continue their rhythm but not push them.

I think it is a public show of support, Armas' appointment, the work that has been done behind the scenes has been some of the best I've seen. I know to 100% that we are on the right path.

Marsch on the Red Bull influence
I think I've always has good mentors in my life and a lot of the people I met with Red Bull and in Germany were important in my development.

One of things that happened in Red Bull, there was preparation for scouting departments, video, players, people have grown to take big jobs. To see each one of those coaches interprets what's important in the game differently, it's interesting. There's a lot of different people that I've learned a lot from

Marsch on what he's learned in the Premier League
You have to try to test your principles at the highest level. What are the solutions to deal with those moments? How to make sure your pressing is clean and clear, how to defend deep but we're still agressive? How to be good in transition and build clarity into the tactical plan?

A lot of teams like to copy Pep Guardiola. There's a lot of little challenges that are different to elsewhere. The obvious one is the quality, it's forced me to adapt.

I have tried to mimic Pep in some ways. Minimum width is a Pep principle. There's bits that teams do that I flat out steal.

Marsch on Leeds' Cup history
I heard going into the FA Cup that we hadn't had a home match or gone into the fourth round for some time. The exact year or scorelines aren't clear. We want to give ourselves the chance and the fans a chance to have a cup run.

We must be focused on having a good start.

Marsch on how he deals with fan pressure and poor results.
Well you know as I said to these young men after Villa, we need clarity in our play and I feel despite the result it was the perfect performance in terms of what I want to achieve.

And as Barack Obama once said, if your walking down a path and your willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress.
Last edited by Cjay on Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Jesse Marsch pre Accrington Stanley

Post by The Subhuman »

Stop breaking my run
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

I'm really pleased that they're going for the victory!

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

Long balls.....we can't handle them literally they will be pass our squashed midfield in a flash
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Im really pleased that he is pushing for clarity in our play

That was obviously missing
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

velo wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:33 pm Long balls.....we can't handle them literally they will be pass our squashed midfield in a flash
Of courese we can. You need to have a bit more faith in our manager.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:43 pm

Rutter debut?
He's looked good in training, a high probability we start with him. He understands the principles and I'm excited to get him going

Probably remembers them from his playground days
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

faaip wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:56 pm Probably remembers them from his playground days
:rol:

BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Irish Ian wrote:Im really pleased that he is pushing for clarity in our play

That was obviously missing
Yep, should see much more clarity on Saturday. I'm REALLY pleased about that !

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

No reason we can't handle long balls, press less, don't hunt in close knit packs and sit Adams deep protecting the back 4. Oh and play our first team back 4..
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

faaip wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:25 pm . Oh and play our first team back 4..
Who are?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

Firpo, Stuijk,Koch,Ayling lol

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

I made that last quote up . . . . . . . :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:24 pm I made that last quote up . . . . . . . :)
Strange how nobody remarked on it. It must have made more sense than his usual codswallop - or we're just getting immune to the bs!
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

velo wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:33 pm Long balls.....we can't handle them literally they will be pass our squashed midfield in a flash
My thoughts exactly Velo. 'Long balls' screamed out to me as well what with our tactics :roll:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:25 pm No reason we can't handle long balls, press less, don't hunt in close knit packs and sit Adams deep protecting the back 4. Oh and play our first team back 4..
Only if Jesse decides on playing that way faaip, but I think he will use the same tactics he always does. But we can hope he's learned something from previous games.
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

Manager’s date night:

“Get your gladrags on we’re off to Accrington for a pie and a Bovril”

What a charmer
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

Finnatic wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:56 pm Manager’s date night:

“Get your gladrags on we’re off to Accrington for a pie and a Bovril”

She's a keeper

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Irish Ian wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:34 pmWho are?
ATM for me - Ayling, Koch, Wober, Struijk...
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

Yep