The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 5th June) Leeds no closer to appointing next Manager

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 5th June) Leeds no closer to appointing next Manager

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Monday 5th June, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Leeds no closer to appointing next Manager

Leeds kick off their 23/24 Championship season two months today, but are still no closer to knowing who their Manager will be. Currently, on the betting scene, there's nothing to pick between Steven Gerrard and Carlos Corberan, whilst Brendan Rodgers, Scott Parker and Regis Le Bris (FC Lorient's Manager) are not far behind.

The Summer transfer window opens for business next Wednesday and with departures expected to hit double digits, will need time to assess the squad, announce a retained list and build a new squad capable of automatic promotion, all without the assistance of a Director of Football.

Leeds could sanction Adams loan

Leeds Utd are considering loaning out Tyler Adams next season, in an attempt to keep the USA Captain on their books. The 24yo has been a big hit at Elland Road, since his £20m arrival last Summer (from RB Leipzig), but relegation to the Championship threatens to end his Leeds career prematurely.

Before tearing his hamstring back in March, Adams had been one of Leeds best players, but dropping down a division would have devastating effects on both his career path and his price tag. He has four years remaining on his contract, so in effect, the Whites could sanction a season long loan move, in the hope Leeds are promoted back to the top flight this time next year.

Leeds spent over £56m on players wages last season

According to Capology.com, a leading Football Salaries and finances website, Leeds spent a whopping £56,420,000 on players wages last season. To put that into perspective, that's more than seven times the amount that Luton Town spent on promotion (£7.8m) Some weeks ago, 'The Athletic' revealed that every player on the Leeds roster has a clause in his contract that will see salaries slashed by up to 60%. Even by bringing the wage bill down to £33.8m, it's still three times higher than most Championship outfits.

Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 5th June) Leeds no closer to appointing next Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

75k for rutter bloody hell fire. you coudn't make it up.
Robborobson
Ballboy
Ballboy

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 5th June) Leeds no closer to appointing next Manager

Post by Robborobson »

Don't think the Don needed a director of football. Isn't that what managers do
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

“Leeds no closer to appointing next manager”. How can we be, who is going to make that decision? With an owner who’s not particularly interested, and prospective owners who, due to their silence, seem to have lost interest too, and no Director of Football in place, I repeat, who is going to make the decision?

I am not a particular fan of Directors of Football (especially our previous incarnation who was, let’s face it, pretty useless) and it certainly wasn’t “a thing” in the past. In Don Revie’s day new recruits generally only came from the British Isles, and Don had 2 or 3 trusted scouts (probably unpaid) up and down the country to recommend young players to him. These days potential Premier League and Championship players can come from anywhere in the world and you need a far larger, more professional set up to cover all the bases, which is why DoF’s exist I suppose and a good one is essential.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Robborobson wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:25 am Don't think the Don needed a director of football. Isn't that what managers do
Welcome Robbo!!!

In the good ol days deffo, but with players from every continent being potential targets, most clubs have one nowadays...
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Just can’t get my head round Gerrard. Bit of a failure. Terrible at Villa. Won in Scotland, big deal. Some say that was all down to Beale anyway. Corberan yawn.
That’s where we’re at I suppose, squabbling over turds
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

There's absolutely no one i can think of that can get us out of this shitfest Orta has put us in.

But then again i must admit i'd never even heard of Bert prior to his appointment here, and thought we were a lost cause back then.

I also must admit, i don't think we'll EVER find another, lightening doesn't strike twice and this is LUFC don't forget, we definitely won't get that lucky twice.

We're also in a bigger mess this time around, believe it or not.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Scoobychief wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:20 am 75k for rutter bloody hell fire. you coudn't make it up.
Good work if you can get it 😄😄😄😄. Wow 300k a month for sitting down.As for next manager , with the confusion about owners , ground ,DoF or sporting director.....who actually will make decision and realistically who would want to take on this lunatic asylum ?
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:01 am “Leeds no closer to appointing next manager”. How can we be, who is going to make that decision? With an owner who’s not particularly interested, and prospective owners who, due to their silence, seem to have lost interest too, and no Director of Football in place, I repeat, who is going to make the decision?

I am not a particular fan of Directors of Football (especially our previous incarnation who was, let’s face it, pretty useless) and it certainly wasn’t “a thing” in the past. In Don Revie’s day new recruits generally only came from the British Isles, and Don had 2 or 3 trusted scouts (probably unpaid) up and down the country to recommend young players to him. These days potential Premier League and Championship players can come from anywhere in the world and you need a far larger, more professional set up to cover all the bases, which is why DoF’s exist I suppose and a good one is essential.
All of this is spot on, where the fck do we start and wtf is steering the ship ffs ?

Please don't tell me it's Kinnear or Radz or the 49er's, ffs they really need to get a hold of Sara and Weasel.

That Celtic Aussie would've done for me but too late na.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Leeds no closer to appointing next Manager

Hard to appoint a manager when you can't answer questions like who the owner will be.

We are as usual in a mess at the moment.

More worrying is we have Augus Kinnear, a physio and a furniture salesman running the club :lol:

We need significant movement this week.

The names being mentioned are crap, Carvahal, Corberan, Gerrard, Parker anyway.

I'd rather get a DOF in someone who knows what they are doing and let them pick the manager.

Tyler Adams

Loaning him out would be pathetic.

If he doesn't want to stay and help then sell him.

Simple as that.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I guess we're gonna sneer at every manager named and someone will find a failure or "aided" success somewhere in their history and point at it as a reason not to hire

Vierra for me top of my list, very unlucky at Palace sacked as the fixture list eased massively but I'm sure someone will be along to quote random Palace fans or a former player with a grudge. Very intelligent manager and no one reads the game better

Rodgers would be #2 atm, been there done that who plays a foodball that good to watch

I do have must not hires, Lampard obviously, Alladyce was always a never hire for me.. Corberan would be a sort of meh signing, he'd probably do a good job and have us around the playoffs but it feels like his chance has gone to me
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:46 am Leeds no closer to appointing next Manager

Hard to appoint a manager when you can't answer questions like who the owner will be.

We are as usual in a mess at the moment.

More worrying is we have Augus Kinnear, a physio and a furniture salesman running the club :lol:

We need significant movement this week.

The names being mentioned are crap, Carvahal, Corberan, Gerrard, Parker anyway.

I'd rather get a DOF in someone who knows what they are doing and let them pick the manager.

Tyler Adams

Loaning him out would be pathetic.

If he doesn't want to stay and help then sell him.

Simple as that.
Actually loaning out Adams is an inspired idea... bit like renting a house you can't sell and we'd need a very nice profit on him if we were to sell.. I'd ask 35M as a starting point
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Got a feeling in my waters it will be Gerrard. His job at villa looks pretty poor considering how they did once he had gone - but it would of been valuable experience for him and I wouldn’t immediately write him off, I am not bothered about being in the “I told you so club”
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

WhiteRose wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:16 pm Got a feeling in my waters it will be Gerrard. His job at villa looks pretty poor considering how they did once he had gone - but it would of been valuable experience for him and I wouldn’t immediately write him off, I am not bothered about being in the “I told you so club”
No neither would I
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

The Subhuman wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:50 am Actually loaning out Adams is an inspired idea... bit like renting a house you can't sell and we'd need a very nice profit on him if we were to sell.. I'd ask 35M as a starting point
He has a relegation release clause.

We have no say to ask anything if that's met.

USA sources say its £30mil.

Sell or stay
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:40 pm He has a relegation release clause.

We have no say to ask anything if that's met.

USA sources say its £30mil.

Sell or stay
Yeah, I never trust "sources" 30M is likely where I'd end up if the initial is 35... So not far out. Loan if that's not reached though would suit both parties.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Leeds no closer to appointing next Manager.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Leeds could sanction Adams loan.

Who would sanction a loan. Kinnear? I could think of better players to loan out.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

I’d get on blended knees and beg Adams to stay, what do you want to please just give us one year in the Championship.

Rip up the relegation clause in his contract, keep him on PL wages if needs be and build a team round him.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Barlow Boy wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:38 pm I’d get on blended knees and beg Adams to stay, what do you want to please just give us one year in the Championship.

Rip up the relegation clause in his contract, keep him on PL wages if needs be and build a team round him.
Can you do that with a Kenwood?
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:50 pm Can you do that with a Kenwood?
I’d do it on upturned razor blades if it meant him staying.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello