The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 9th June) - Daniel Farke new favourite to take the reigns at Elland Road

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 9th June) - Daniel Farke new favourite to take the reigns at Elland Road

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Friday 9th June, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Daniel Farke new favourite to take the reigns at Elland Road

Daniel Farke is the new favourite to take the reigns at Elland Road after overnight developments in West Yorkshire. With a takeover imminent, betting patterns over the last 24 hours suggest the former Norwich City, Krasnodar and Borussia Mönchengladbach gaffer to be the chosen one to succeed Sam Allardyce.

For the 46 year old German to go from obscurity to odds on favourite (15/8) in a matter of days seems to suggest there is more to this rumour than meets the eye. Carlos Corberan (3/1) and Steven Gerrard (4/1) are obviously still in with a shout, but for now at least, the spotlight falls on Farke.

He twice won the Championship title with the Canaries (18-19 and 20-21) but was sacked in November 2021 after a poor start to their Premier League campaign. He joined Russian outfit FC Krasnodar, but left his post in March 2022, after only two months in charge after war broke out in the Ukraine.

He spent last season in charge of Borussia Mönchengladbach, but was dismissed only last week after a poor season by their standards, after finishing 10th.

Adams wants to quit Elland Road

Various media outlets are reporting that Tyler Adams wants to quit Leeds Utd. The news, although not completely unexpected, will be a massive body blow to both the club and its legions of fans.

Leeds plucked the USA skipper out of obscurity from RB Leipzig, and regalvanised him to be one of the leading midfielders in the Premier League last season. His tough tackling, tenaciousness and desire to succeed quickly made him a fans favourite both on and off the terraces. It has even been suggested that had he stayed fit, Leeds would have avoided relegation last term, such was his influence on the team.

If the tabloids are correct, Leeds may recoup as much as £35m for the 24yo, the same fee we paid Hoffenheim for Georginio Rutter in January.

Leeds ready to offer Forshaw lifeline

Leeds are set to offer Adam Forshaw a new short term contract to keep him at Elland Road next season. The 31yo has been plagued by injuries for the majority of his Elland Road tenure, and only managed 13 appearances last season (568 minutes of game time).

When fit, the former Middlesbrough and Brentford Midfielder has proved a useful ally. He has the best pass rate in Leeds entire squad (84.2%) and has an intelligent footballing brain on him. Leeds will need to get rid of the stragglers this Summer, if they are to rebuild and challenge for promotion. The likes of Forshaw, Dallas, Cooper and Ayling are close to their expiry dates, though their experience in the Championship could be invaluable!

VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 9th June) Farke that...

Post by VinnysTattoo »

Farke ing hell, today’s breakfast debate is chocked full of good news!

I suppose a crumb of comfort is, if I remember, Farke plays decent football.

Adams is no surprise.

That we are relying on Forshaw is symptomatic of how we are as a club right now.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 9th June) - Daniel Farke new favourite to take the reigns at Elland Road

Post by BGwhite »

If Farke gets the nod maybe he'll bring is buddy Pukey with him which wouldn't be at all bad. He's got the experience twice with Norwich but it's what he can do with our lot that matters. First of all the losing mentality must change which is harder than people think, get off to a bad start and they might not recover . Farke for me over all the others except maybe Rogers who may be up for a challenge.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 9th June) - Daniel Farke new favourite to take the reigns at Elland Road

Post by Irish Ian »

Farke sounds about right.

Pun heaven at Elland Road.

While he got worse without Adams I think some are in danger of looking at him through rose tinted glasses. He wasnt anywhere near one of the best midfielders in the league.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Wouldn’t pay any attention to the manager odds, just nonsense at the moment - same as these random articles that keep linking us with players. There’s no one in the building in a position to make these decisions at the moment.

Forshaw can leave for me, he has good pass rate as he rarely passes more than 5 yards and always backwards or sideways he has done very little in his time with us and can’t be relied upon with his injury record - can’t just say keep him as if he is free, it’s wages taking up budget for someone else.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Farke - has he got long hair, or not? Don't know... hope so. Rather him than Corberan or Gerrard, if those are the options.

Adams - anyone who doesn't want to be here can go forth. Need to lose the mercenary mentality and get a proper team spirit again if we're going to get promoted.

Forshaw - don't care. He hardly ever plays, so don't see that it makes much difference either way.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

SaraM wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:28 am Farke - has he got long hair, or not? Don't know... hope so. Rather him than Corberan or Gerrard, if those are the options.

Adams - anyone who doesn't want to be here can go forth. Need to lose the mercenary mentality and get a proper team spirit again if we're going to get promoted.

Forshaw - don't care. He hardly ever plays, so don't see that it makes much difference either way.
You sound a tad fed up with the whole situation.....as I am
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:42 am You sound a tad fed up with the whole situation.....as I am
I just want a team I can believe in and get behind again. Not had that for 18 months, and now we're back at square one with no clear owner, no manager, and no settled team.

Yes, I am very fed up with the mismanagement that has led us here, and with watching players who look like they can't be arsed.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Farke has championship credentials and plays good football. Prefer Vierra or Rodgers but Farke would be 3 on my realistic list

We don't need to offer Adam a contract, we have an option to extend already ...

Losing Adams is not a body blow, fairly certain he wouldn't stay and he was no Kalvin .... Replaceable for sure. Just need to make a profit
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

SaraM wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:28 am Farke - has he got long hair, or not? Don't know... hope so. Rather him than Corberan or Gerrard, if those are the options.

IMG_7249.jpeg
IMG_7249.jpeg (51.4 KiB) Viewed 2837 times
Long enough?
Reminds me of Arnie.
“Take off your clothes”.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

I’m wondering if absence makes the heart grow fonder with Tyler Adams.
Leading midfielders in the PL. Negative. Not even close.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Spot on, Jay. It's not a revelation and he looked decent for us because we were, in the main, so s**t elsewhere. I'd be happy for Gyabi to step up.

As for Farke, played good football and got Norwich up twice, including bouncing straight back after a dreadful season in the PL. That suggests he can shed a squad of a losing mentality. Could be complete bollox (who haven't we been linked with?), but he wouldn't be the worst choice.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Rook
First Team
First Team

Post by Rook »

I'd be happy with Farke.

Would be a good appointment for us.
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Jaydog wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:45 am Long enough?
Hmmm... not sure what's going on round the back...
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Jaydog wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:52 am I’m wondering if absence makes the heart grow fonder with Tyler Adams.
Leading midfielders in the PL. Negative. Not even close.
I think it was definitely the case of people linking his absence to us conceding lots of goals and forgetting how we were getting ripped open earlier on in the season, especially when the opposition had midfielders unmarked and queueing up to score whilst Adams was out of position having chased after a winger. Yes we took a sequence of beatings without Adams playing and conceded plenty but we were still conceding 2 goals per match on average prior to his injury.

I loved his energy and for me there is great potential as a DM with him if he is taught to read the game better but even if he does that his passing isn't great, even compared to the likes of Forshaw.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

SaraM wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:45 am Hmmm... not sure what's going on round the back...
I googled Daniel Farke’s rear. Mmmm. Not bad.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Jaydog wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:49 am I googled Daniel Farke’s rear. Mmmm. Not bad.
Sign him up!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SaraM wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:45 am Hmmm... not sure what's going on round the back...
Where's Sid when we need him
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

lufc1304 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:19 am Spot on, Jay. It's not a revelation and he looked decent for us because we were, in the main, so s**t elsewhere. I'd be happy for Gyabi to step up.

As for Farke, played good football and got Norwich up twice, including bouncing straight back after a dreadful season in the PL. That suggests he can shed a squad of a losing mentality. Could be complete bollox (who haven't we been linked with?), but he wouldn't be the worst choice.
Isn’t it always the case, Nick.
When things are going badly you tend to look for a reason. In football it’s the missing player. Perhaps if about 15 of them were missing and all the kids had jumped in, Gyabi and the rest, we might have done a bit better. Definitely not any worse anyway
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:47 am I think it was definitely the case of people linking his absence to us conceding lots of goals and forgetting how we were getting ripped open earlier on in the season, especially when the opposition had midfielders unmarked and queueing up to score whilst Adams was out of position having chased after a winger. Yes we took a sequence of beatings without Adams playing and conceded plenty but we were still conceding 2 goals per match on average prior to his injury.

I loved his energy and for me there is great potential as a DM with him if he is taught to read the game better but even if he does that his passing isn't great, even compared to the likes of Forshaw.
Adams got caught too far up the pitch for me way too much, which could have been Marsch's orders and his passing out of defence didn't really allow us to build from the back.... He's a box to box rather than a DMF and that lead to a lot of pressure on our back four with one of the CB's needing to step up to cover....

Lack of DMF was an issue all season, probably the key one