Daniel Farke's Swansea Press Conference

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Daniel Farke's Swansea Press Conference

Post by 1964white »

Cjay nust be busy today.
1964white

Re: Daniel Farke's Swansea Press Conference

Post by 1964white »

Happy with the injuries?
Credit to Rob and his team. Our chefs and nutritionists. Sometimes underestimate this, but these two or three per cent can make a big difference. At the end of Nov and beginning of Dec, with a lot of games after internationals, without one injured player at the moment, apart from long-term (Dallas), credit to our support staff.

No guarantees. Knocks in the game happen. Daniel James suffered one in the last game and normally it's a penalty. His shin was bloody. Can only reduce the amount of injuries and the time they spend out.

Congestion
Crazy amount of games. Festive period when humans normally take time for their families. Christmas Day we will spend in the hotel because of Boxing Day.

Tough period and for that beneficial we turn the pressure and load down in the last break. Important to find good balance between being focused on the work, but whenever there is a chance to put the mental load a little down, to do this because if you burn always from both ends. the candle is soon over. Be fresh when it comes to the crunch period next April and May. Thankful we have any players we can use to handle the load in the upcoming games.

January calm?
Hopefully. You never know what happens in those business. At the moment, right now, it will be calm window because the key decisions for our fans are made and can always look at a couple of positions. Loan players, but won;t affect the major direction of us. Keep our key players and more like the core bones, core figures are together and the group around the players, staff, will be relaxed window. Different to what we had to do in the summer.

Won't fall asleep, stay awake in the window, but expect a chilled and calm window.

Only unbeaten side at home
In the beginning of the season, our key topic was to make ER a fortress. Our home ground. Should be like our living room. If someone wants to conquer your living room you do everything to defend this. Make sure you win many points at home. A few draws in the beginning. Make sure the next performance is really good. No guarantee the next one is good. Have tomkeep fighting for this. This unbeaten run with our amazing fans who always support us, home and away. Atmosphere is second to none.

Swansea
I like them. They have changed under Duff. Their DNA is still there. Team with different threats. Difficult to predict. Many quality players for this level. Want to return back to winning ways.

Swansea - Bolasie
A rally good player. We are aware but we have to say he was out of team training and out of contract. Not expecting him to play 90.

Byram vs Firpo
Both really good left-backs. Sam can play on the right too. Happy to have two top options. Both have a history with injuries. Over 46 games and two cups it's good to have two players of their quality available.

Different in their ways. Good because it makes us less predictable. React to hwta we need a little more. Left-back position with a left footer. Sam plays with different angles. Good with his headers in attack and up front. Different qualities.

Struijk vs Cooper - Pascal's form important?
Always happy to have :Liam available. Good performance in the last games. Happy PAscal is available. Not too concerned about turnaround between Friday and Wednesday. Three games in eight days, good to have options. Liam came out of long-term injury. Same with him. Byram for example. Difficult to play three games in eight days. Good to have Firpo and Liam available in the last games.

Farke's concerns?
Enough time to recover for all of my players. Rutter is over his injury. 100 oper cent. Same with Cooper. Recovered. PAscal had training days and players involved in the last few days of training, Spence and Glhardt and Shackleton, benefitted from more days on the pitch.

Session this morning and everything looked good. One final session tomorrow morning. Dallas unavailable.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Hope we don't fall asleep in the January window.
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

1964white wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:56 pm Happy with the injuries?
Credit to Rob and his team. Our chefs and nutritionists. Sometimes underestimate this, but these two or three per cent can make a big difference. At the end of Nov and beginning of Dec, with a lot of games after internationals, without one injured player at the moment, apart from long-term (Dallas), credit to our support staff.

No guarantees. Knocks in the game happen. Daniel James suffered one in the last game and normally it's a penalty. His shin was bloody. Can only reduce the amount of injuries and the time they spend out.

Congestion
Crazy amount of games. Festive period when humans normally take time for their families. Christmas Day we will spend in the hotel because of Boxing Day.

Tough period and for that beneficial we turn the pressure and load down in the last break. Important to find good balance between being focused on the work, but whenever there is a chance to put the mental load a little down, to do this because if you burn always from both ends. the candle is soon over. Be fresh when it comes to the crunch period next April and May. Thankful we have any players we can use to handle the load in the upcoming games.

January calm?
Hopefully. You never know what happens in those business. At the moment, right now, it will be calm window because the key decisions for our fans are made and can always look at a couple of positions. Loan players, but won;t affect the major direction of us. Keep our key players and more like the core bones, core figures are together and the group around the players, staff, will be relaxed window. Different to what we had to do in the summer.

Won't fall asleep, stay awake in the window, but expect a chilled and calm window.

Only unbeaten side at home
In the beginning of the season, our key topic was to make ER a fortress. Our home ground. Should be like our living room. If someone wants to conquer your living room you do everything to defend this. Make sure you win many points at home. A few draws in the beginning. Make sure the next performance is really good. No guarantee the next one is good. Have tomkeep fighting for this. This unbeaten run with our amazing fans who always support us, home and away. Atmosphere is second to none.

Swansea
I like them. They have changed under Duff. Their DNA is still there. Team with different threats. Difficult to predict. Many quality players for this level. Want to return back to winning ways.

Swansea - Bolasie
A rally good player. We are aware but we have to say he was out of team training and out of contract. Not expecting him to play 90.

Byram vs Firpo
Both really good left-backs. Sam can play on the right too. Happy to have two top options. Both have a history with injuries. Over 46 games and two cups it's good to have two players of their quality available.

Different in their ways. Good because it makes us less predictable. React to hwta we need a little more. Left-back position with a left footer. Sam plays with different angles. Good with his headers in attack and up front. Different qualities.

Struijk vs Cooper - Pascal's form important?
Always happy to have :Liam available. Good performance in the last games. Happy PAscal is available. Not too concerned about turnaround between Friday and Wednesday. Three games in eight days, good to have options. Liam came out of long-term injury. Same with him. Byram for example. Difficult to play three games in eight days. Good to have Firpo and Liam available in the last games.

Farke's concerns?
Enough time to recover for all of my players. Rutter is over his injury. 100 oper cent. Same with Cooper. Recovered. PAscal had training days and players involved in the last few days of training, Spence and Glhardt and Shackleton, benefitted from more days on the pitch.

Session this morning and everything looked good. One final session tomorrow morning. Dallas unavailable.

Maybe I took too many 'cynical pills' this morning, but I get the sense our dear manager is hedging and sending out a few smoke clouds today:
- How can the January window be 'calm'? Compared to the summer window maybe, but surely there is still a lot of work to be done to get the squad stable for the 2nd half push for promotion.
Part of our problem so far, to my mind, is that we still have an unbalanced squad relative to our major promotion rivals.
If he is playing his cards close to his chest right now fine, but surely still have some "cleaning" to do?

- Sam can also play on the right ...... really? Never seen signs of using him like that have we? Also - his back-up (Mr. Firpo) is a carthorse - so what's the real solution for a back-up left back (Spense, Shackleton, Cresswell, A.N. Other??)

That aside - I do hope we see Spense tomorrow (not Cooper or old flatfoot upfront coming off the bench).
pjm2019
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by pjm2019 »

We need to sell or loan OUT at least 5 players at the start of Jan 24.

We need quality players who can go into starting 11 at the start of Jan 24 so hope we have these almost lined up. Left back, Centre Back, a number 9.

Hard to see how we finish in the top 2 without these extra quality players in Jan 24
Sean_Nile
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sean_Nile »

The interview also said tha Nick Hammond has been given an extension to his contract to cover the next two transfer windows.

Nick when he was at Newcastle added Dan Burn, Kieran Trippier and Bruno Guimaraes in January 2022, three players who played vital roles in the team’s finish in the Champions League places last season.

Perhaps any success that Leeds have had this term are also due to Hammond signings, so let's hope he can work some magic in the New Year to strengthen the team for a promotion push.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

malcolmw wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:56 am Maybe I took too many 'cynical pills' this morning, but I get the sense our dear manager is hedging and sending out a few smoke clouds today:
- How can the January window be 'calm'? Compared to the summer window maybe, but surely there is still a lot of work to be done to get the squad stable for the 2nd half push for promotion.
Part of our problem so far, to my mind, is that we still have an unbalanced squad relative to our major promotion rivals.
If he is playing his cards close to his chest right now fine, but surely still have some "cleaning" to do?

- Sam can also play on the right ...... really? Never seen signs of using him like that have we? Also - his back-up (Mr. Firpo) is a carthorse - so what's the real solution for a back-up left back (Spense, Shackleton, Cresswell, A.N. Other??)

That aside - I do hope we see Spense tomorrow (not Cooper or old flatfoot upfront coming off the bench).
Byram is predominately a RB, played there for us the first time round when he was with us.

We used him at LB out of necessity when Firpo was injured (I prefer Byram at LB anyway) and Archie has that RB spot nailed down until Spence gets up and running properly.
National Hunt Tipster Competition Winner 2023
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

1964white wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:56 pm
Byram vs Firpo
Now then, i'm going to use this in future when Cjay uses one of his "he said it, he said it, i've got it all down in writing, he's on record saying it"

Coz he takes this kind of thing as Gospel.

Now even if DF thinks Firpo is shite, do we really think whilst he's a Leeds player, he's actually gonna say it out loud, is he feckers like.

He has to tow the politically correct line, but now someone like Cjay can say - "I have it on official record that DF categorically stated that Firpo is a really good left-back, and not just really good, he said he was quality! "
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Barlow Boy wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:15 am Byram is predominately a RB, played there for us the first time round when he was with us.

We used him at LB out of necessity when Firpo was injured (I prefer Byram at LB anyway) and Archie has that RB spot nailed down until Spence gets up and running properly.
What does Farke do with Archie then Kev? Ampadu & Kamara seem bedded-in now.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Archie is primarily a midfield player, and he's only a kid, will need looking after as we don't want to burn him out. That said, Spence will have to earn the right to displace him.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Carrick Dave wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:28 am What does Farke do with Archie then Kev? Ampadu & Kamara seem bedded-in now.
Archie has done well defensively as a RB but, he gives us very little going forward, nothing like Ayling did, when he was in his pomp!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Kennyb41 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:27 am Now then, i'm going to use this in future when Cjay uses one of his "he said it, he said it, i've got it all down in writing, he's on record saying it"

Coz he takes this kind of thing as Gospel.

Now even if DF thinks Firpo is shite, do we really think whilst he's a Leeds player, he's actually gonna say it out loud, is he feckers like.

He has to tow the politically correct line, but now someone like Cjay can say - "I have it on official record that DF categorically stated that Firpo is a really good left-back, and not just really good, he said he was quality! "
Why you banging on about me, I haven't even been on :lol:

Firpo is s**t, he's been crap since he arrived and he's likely going too be crap till he leaves.

And unlike dear Bert Farke didn't agree to buy Firpo :roflmao:

But if he picks him and it costs us that is Farke
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Cjay wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:56 am Why you banging on about me, I haven't even been on :lol:

Firpo is s**t, he's been crap since he arrived and he's likely going too be crap till he leaves.

And unlike dear Bert Farke didn't agree to buy Firpo :roflmao:

But if he picks him and it costs us that is Farke
Bangin on ?

Ain't bangin on, just pointing out what you often do to back your points up as if they're gospel, you can't deny you don't do it.

I've no doubt i'll be referring to it soon :tup:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Kennyb41 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:54 pm Bangin on ?

Ain't bangin on, just pointing out what you often do to back your points up as if they're gospel, you can't deny you don't do it.

I've no doubt i'll be referring to it soon :tup:
Don't have a clue what point you are trying here . . . . .

Manager not saying player is crap in public fine.

Manager then using player even if he is crap isn't
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Carrick Dave wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:28 am What does Farke do with Archie then Kev? Ampadu & Kamara seem bedded-in now.
They are bedded in Dave, and I see Archie as back up to those two. It’s a long old season, he’ll still get plenty of game time.

I’ll be staggered if Gray gets in ahead of Spence once the latter is fit.
National Hunt Tipster Competition Winner 2023
PhoenixUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Byram vs Firpo

Got to laugh haven't you? It's that old saying - you can fool some people all the time and all people some of the time but you can't convince all people to swallow bullsh*t all of the time. Perhaps DF didn't get the memo?

The reality is that Byram is predominantly a right sided player and luckily for us has done an excellent job as a makeshift left back with the spectre of his past injury record in the background. Without him playing in that position we are totally stuffed. In the best scenario, Spence would be the first pick right back and Byram the back up. Sadly Alying has had his day in this position. However, surely there is a question mark over Spence as he has been missing all season so far and no real indication when he might be available so we make do with young Archie Gray and getting away with it so far but this simply cannot be the longer term answer.

Firpo? Can't believe he can make the first team squad even with all the issues that we have regarding insufficient quality in depth generally and specifically not having any decent left back at all at the Club. no way should Firpo be anywhere near the First Team squad. He is a monumental liability every time he gets on the pitch IMHO. So we are in a ridiculous position of it's either Byram or bust :evil:
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

Barlow Boy wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:15 am Byram is predominately a RB, played there for us the first time round when he was with us.

I agree - I think one of the reasons Byrum is playing so much better than first time round is that he seems to be much more effective at LB - at least in this lineup. To me he's really more of a wing-back. If you look at the Sofascore 'heatmap after each game for him - he spends a lot of his time in the opponents half. Sort like Ayling does, but Byrum has the legs to get back in time when he needs to defend. Luke seems to need to have a cup of tea first :-D

Maybe I'm stuck on this, but I'd still prefer to see Archie in midfield. (and playing 3 in midfield).