The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 29th November) Spurs do not have a recall clause for Rodon

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 29th November) Spurs do not have a recall clause for Rodon

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Wednesday 29th November, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

Spurs do not have a recall clause for Rodon

Contrary to popular belief, Tottenham Hotspur do not have a recall clause in Joe Rodon's loan contract - that's according to Elland Road journalist Phil Hay. The 26 ear yold centre-back has been in devastating form for the Whites since joining Leeds on a season long loan in early August, and has completed over 1100 minutes of game time so far for Daniel Farke's side.

Spurs purchased him from Swansea City for £11m in the Summer of 2020, but with only 15 appearances under his belt since, it would be fair to assume that his services in North London are not wanted. He spent last season on loan with Ligue 1 outfit Rennes, hoping to secure a permanent move, but that too didn't work out. It has been widely speculated that Spurs have slapped a £20m price tag on the Welsh International, even though he has less than 18 months left on his contract.

Farke expecting a pretty chilled January transfer window

Daniel Farke has played down reports of any major upheaval to his squad (either incoming or outgoing) at his pre match press conference on Tuesday afternoon. The Leeds gaffer told press that he is expecting a pretty chilled January transfer window, and is confident of keeping his squad intact; a far cry from the turmoil we witnessed during the Summer.

He hinted that he may use up his two remaining loan allocations, to strengthen in certain areas of the pitch, but it wouldn't affect the major direction of the squad. Similarly, he didn't expect any key players to leave the club in January, insisting 'The core bones and core figures of the group are together'.

You never know what will happen in this business but it should be a pretty calm window. I think the decisions for our squad and for this year are made. You can always have a look at one or two positions and how to strengthen the squad, what do you do, what happens with loan players or something like this, but it won’t affect the major direction of us as a club or us as a group."

We will keep our key players. The core bones and core figures of the group are together. The group around the players are there. It will be a more relaxed window, definitely different to what we had to do in the summer. It’s a good feeling that we know at this moment everything is quite smoothly working and we are on the right path. We won’t fall asleep and we will stay awake during the upcoming window but I expect it to be pretty chilled.

lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 29th November) Spurs do not have a recall clause for Rodon

Post by lufc1304 »

Good news re Rodon, I wonder if we'll try and make his loan a permanent deal in January.

We need another creative outlet and a recognised LB, that's were my two remaining loans would be.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
mentalcase

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 29th November) Spurs do not have a recall clause for Rodon

Post by mentalcase »

Morning all.
Thats good news about Joe if they can't recall him, £20M isn't too steep if he continues to shine but the PL is different gravy altogether, lets see where we are come May first, then we might be able to lower the price a little accordingly with his contract.

January is normally a poor window for recruitments anyway, but there's no taking away the fact we need a permanent LB to start with.
Maybe we muddle on again as usual and see if the owners will invest in 5 or 6 new big signings should we go up !!!
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

Rondon if we go up a strong chance he might become ours, if we dont go up, no chance he will become ours. now that chasing pack are slowly keeping pace with us it is vital that we set some sort of consistency going more winning games than drawing and loosing, really must keep presuure and stay close, begining with 3 points tonight nothing less will do.
Clitheroe White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clitheroe White »

And relax.....a calm Jan (click baiters will not be happy)

I'll be interested to see if any peripheral players go out on loan.

In summary, focus totally on the pitch.... Every game is winnable so should expect 3 points every match (crazily anything less will not please us fans). Let's hope we keep some reality as we won't win every match, but 4 wins from 5 would be good

2.4 points per game should do it = we would reach 101 points

Is an 80% win rate realistic?
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Just bide our time with Rodon.
Get 2 loans in and buy A.N.Other in January if someone decent's available.

Interesting latest from Hay in The Athletic, i really enjoy reading these things that underpin my signature :

Leeds United have now accepted that they were ‘under-resourced on the recruitment front’ during Victor Orta’s time as sporting director.
Orta was sacked from his role at Elland Road after a series of poor decisions regarding managerial appointments and dismal success rate on player signings.
San Francisco 49ers Enterprises are now working hard to address that and already have several people working alongside Nick Hammond, who was brought in on an initial interim basis during the summer.
Hammond, though, has seen his contract extended so that he can manage the next two transfer windows, and already has both Gary Penrice and Gretar Steinsson working alongside him.
Orta cannot get away from just how poor his record was in terms of player recruitment at Leeds, particularly towards the end of his time at the club.
With that in mind, it just shows how fortunate Andrea Radrizzani and co were to land on a manager like Marcelo Bielsa in 2018, who almost single-handedly was able to make Leeds a Premier League club again.

A pleasant read, i hope you enjoyed it. It's surprising the relief i feel that 2 more windows are not in the hands of the clown, and are hopefully in good hands, i should imagine the same relief is felt all round.
Great to see Hay have his realisation, i've no doubt others will follow in time.
I lead where others follow.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Clitheroe White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clitheroe White »

Kennyb41 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:39 am A pleasant read, i hope you enjoyed it. It's surprising the relief i feel that 2 more windows are not in the hands of the clown, and are hopefully in good hands, i should imagine the same relief is felt all round.
Great to see Hay have his realisation, i've no doubt others will follow in time.
I lead where others follow.
You're not wrong and with hindsight more will see similarly.

My ask: please be slightly humble on being correct :)
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Good news on Rodon, hard to imagine we would agree to any recall apart from an appearance one but no worries on that. Be interesting to see what happens with Spence now though.

Don’t think we need to rock the boat too much in jan though as others said a creative midfielder would really help
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Clitheroe White wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:45 am You're not wrong and with hindsight more will see similarly.

Impossible.

You try and control this urge to stick it up people, it's feckin hardwork :)

But i do admit, i question myself beforehand : " Given the chance, Would people enjoy sticking it up me, ?"

Then i see this queue of folk in my head :lol:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Clitheroe White wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:45 am You're not wrong and with hindsight more will see similarly.

I vividly remember these 2 days like folk know where they were when Kennedy was shot and when they heard the Diana news.

I was at Elland Rd ( Hey! there's a thing, i've not a clue who against) but Hadi Sacko came on and me and my brother had seats in the East stand (he'd just come on on that side) and we had a lovely view (spoilt by him)..I knew feck all about him or Orta at that time,I turned to my brother and said " Who's this now ? Sacko ? He's a Sack of Shite "
My immediate thought after seeing him for 5 minutes was " who the fecking hell is responsible for signing this guy, i need to find out"..the rest is history.

The Bert debut - Leeds v Stoke - "fecking hell, i need to find out about this guy"...The rest is history, history never to be forgotten.

;@)
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Clitheroe White wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:20 am And relax.....a calm Jan (click baiters will not be happy)

I'll be interested to see if any peripheral players go out on loan.

In summary, focus totally on the pitch.... Every game is winnable so should expect 3 points every match (crazily anything less will not please us fans). Let's hope we keep some reality as we won't win every match, but 4 wins from 5 would be good

2.4 points per game should do it = we would reach 101 points

Is an 80% win rate realistic?
I know what you're saying. These click baiters do my head in...
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

I don't know why everybody is apprehensive about Rodon leaving Leeds.

According to MOT, he is our 4th best defender. :roll:
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

Phil Hay, I think it was, reported that there was no recall cause for Rodon about a month ago!! Keep up! :roflmao:
Allez le Blancs
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Much happier to hear Farke say we will keep our key players than almost any news an incoming transfer might bring.
ruttermania
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by ruttermania »

Interestingly Sacko was apparently signed on Loan with an obligation in 2016 while Orta joined Leeds in 2017 . Does Orta therefore get blamed prospectively for a decision made before his time or did you only see him in 2017 when he had already played a full season at Leeds ? For his 1st 2 seasons at Leeds he was largely Bargain Basement shopping and still managed to unearth the likes of Allioski . where he really failed was when he did have a lump of money and he became like the roulette player betting on Marsch all the way. The current group leading transfers which seems to be Hammond , Farke and Steinson seems to be much more pragmatic and focused .They will ignore all the noise which seems to obsess these forums.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

He will be up for this one Big Joe. For that reason alone he gets on the scoresheet tonight in a 4-1 scintillating Whites performance.
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

Leeds1000 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:31 pm He will be up for this one Big Joe. For that reason alone he gets on the scoresheet tonight in a 4-1 scintillating Whites performance.
What's the name of those confidence pills your taking :lol: :lol:

A few on here could do with taking some :)
hector

Post by hector »

GreennWhite wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:03 pm What's the name of those confidence pills your taking :lol: :lol:

I'd take some too..... But too nervous to open the bottle :oops:
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

GreennWhite wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:03 pm What's the name of those confidence pills your taking :lol: :lol:

Rose tinted spectacles. :)