49's have sold a 2nd amount of shares

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
pjm2019
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

49's have sold a 2nd amount of shares

Post by pjm2019 »

Anyone know the details of these sales. I read they received £100M but not the amount of the club sold for the 2nd sale.

This does confirm what i have said earlier that 49's either really do not not have the cash to really complete with the top6-8 clubs in the premiership OR they just do not want to splash the cash
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: 49's have sold a 2nd amount of shares

Post by Kennyb41 »

Leeds United now look set for some major off-field excitement after agreeing a deal that could change the landscape of the club for years to come, according to a new report.

Elland Road expansion...
According to Football Insider, Leeds United have brought forward plans to expand Elland Road after securing more external investment to fund the project. The aim is to expand the stadium to around 55,000 spectators in a development that could cost around £100 million to carry out.

Utilising money gained through a second minority sale following the deal with Ackerley Partners this summer, 49ers Enterprises have pinpointed the West Stand as an area where the extended capacity will come into play as they plan to renovate that section of Elland Road completely.

Following a summer of upheaval after Leeds' relegation to the Championship, Farke's men look to have finally found some level of stability on and off the field, which can only bode well for the future as the club aim to establish themselves in the Premier League and maximise their potential revenue streams.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

49ers Enterprises, owners of Leeds United, have sold a minority share in the club to US venture capitalists Ackerley Partners, owned by Chris and Ted Ackerley.

Ackerley Partners holds a stake in NHL franchise Seattle Kraken. A further Leeds share sale to another investor is reportedly under consideration.

Bloomberg reported that Ackerley Partners finalised the transaction during the summer months. The strategic intent behind this new alliance is to give Leeds’ football and commercial operations added capital for expansion.

The 49ers acquiried a majority share in Leeds United in the summer from the club’s former chairman Andrea Radrizzani who had been in charge for six years in charge.

The Americans had previously purchased a 15% stake in Leeds in 2018 and increased that to 44% in 2021.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure Venture Capitalists don't spend a lot of their own money. They seek investors with a view to reaping a dividend for said investors after a period of time. Not sure there's anything worrisome in what they've done here, though I'm sure some smartarse will tell me different! ;-)
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
pjm2019
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by pjm2019 »

I would not describe 49's as Venture Capitalists.
pjm2019
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by pjm2019 »

Kennyb41 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:33 pm Leeds United now look set for some major off-field excitement after agreeing a deal that could change the landscape of the club for years to come, according to a new report.

Elland Road expansion...
According to Football Insider, Leeds United have brought forward plans to expand Elland Road after securing more external investment to fund the project. The aim is to expand the stadium to around 55,000 spectators in a development that could cost around £100 million to carry out.

Utilising money gained through a second minority sale following the deal with Ackerley Partners this summer, 49ers Enterprises have pinpointed the West Stand as an area where the extended capacity will come into play as they plan to renovate that section of Elland Road completely.

Following a summer of upheaval after Leeds' relegation to the Championship, Farke's men look to have finally found some level of stability on and off the field, which can only bode well for the future as the club aim to establish themselves in the Premier League and maximise their potential revenue streams.
I was really looking to see
(a) how much did they receive for the first sale to Ackerley
(b) what % of shares were sold
(c) they received £100Million from their 2nd sale BUT what % of shares were sold
pjm2019
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by pjm2019 »

Kennyb41 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:36 pm 49ers Enterprises, owners of Leeds United, have sold a minority share in the club to US venture capitalists Ackerley Partners, owned by Chris and Ted Ackerley.

Ackerley Partners holds a stake in NHL franchise Seattle Kraken. A further Leeds share sale to another investor is reportedly under consideration.

Bloomberg reported that Ackerley Partners finalised the transaction during the summer months. The strategic intent behind this new alliance is to give Leeds’ football and commercial operations added capital for expansion.

The 49ers acquiried a majority share in Leeds United in the summer from the club’s former chairman Andrea Radrizzani who had been in charge for six years in charge.

The Americans had previously purchased a 15% stake in Leeds in 2018 and increased that to 44% in 2021.
I was really looking to see
(a) how much did they receive for the first sale to Ackerley
(b) what % of shares were sold
(c) they received £100Million from their 2nd sale BUT what % of shares were sold
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

pjm2019 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:38 pm I would not describe 49's as Venture Capitalists.
That's exactly what this arm of the Niners is..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

and I have no problem with it
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

lufc1304 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:58 pm I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure Venture Capitalists don't spend a lot of their own money. They seek investors with a view to reaping a dividend for said investors after a period of time. Not sure there's anything worrisome in what they've done here, though I'm sure some smartarse will tell me different! ;-)
Same as banks, although banks are great at reaping dividends even when they lose the investors money :shock:

This looks like a way of funding the ground upgrade Elland Road so badly needs.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

pjm2019 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:38 pm I would not describe 49's as Venture Capitalists.
Quote:

49ers Enterprises is a corporate venture capital arm of The San Francisco 49ers and is based in Santa Clara, California.

https://pitchbook.com/profiles/investor/471484-72
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.