Daniel Farke pre Boro

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Daniel Farke pre Boro

Post by Cjay »

Farke's here - team news?
Similar, but not equal. Sadly, Gelhardt is not available with a hip issue. Firpo reported some problems with his hamstring after Wednesday. Out for about three weeks.

Ayling, Cooper, Dallas - influence?
They are still really good footballers. Luke has played a lot of games at the start of the season, score a big goal. Liam involved in clean sheets. Stuart in his rehab from long injury.

Also, their experience and values, our young side, good to have them around. Keep the spritis and standards high. Personality and experience to know, after a win, you cannot afford to give less in the next game.

After setbacks they are not too down. Bring this experience and mentality into it. Good to have a good mix. Need your leaders in the dressing room and the squad.

Experience influencing younger player?
Of course. not so much about age, but personality. Younger players can be a leader. Develop into these roles and experience helps. Everyone aware Liam and Luke are Leeds legends, successful before in winning the league. Everyone knows how hard it is to win on this level.

Always beneficial for them to speak to the younger lads. My career I learnt more from my experienced team-mates. Behave on good habits. Successful players, you watch them and learn from them in every way. Their professionalism, tactical hints, reacting to setbacks, dealing with success. Always quite crucial and I am a believer in the group educating themselves and not just staring at the manager to listen.

Goals shared front four - pivotal to share?
Most important topic is you score goals. At the beginning of the season, I talked about 35 striker goals. If one striker scores them all or four strikers sharing equally, I do not mind. Good to not be predictable and good to have many threats. Need goals from all over the pitch. Defensive players. Struijk and Ayling and Cooper can score too.

Tight games need goals from a header or set-piece or second phase. Need players on the pitch who can score goals. A few more goals from defensive positions. Time to score from a set-piece.

Ayling - how difficult to have a conversation like that and keep the squad happy when some players are not playing?
Most difficult poart of the job. Not playing FIFA with no humans or emotions. How you felt yourself as a player, shows how difficult can be judge a whole picture. Listen to a decision and take it out of an individual perspective. Openness, honesty and the truth. Players do not want excuses or a spun picture.

Not possible to keep all the players happy. Full of adrenaline and pride. All of them want to play and only six can have 90 minutes. Pat of the game and the job. Show some leadership. Honesty and transparency.

Always the best way and not searching for excuses. Best way is openness and direct

How to keep Summerville in form?
Most important is what you do in training. Need to be smart in the load in training, but does not mean we wrap them in cotton wool. If we see two per cent less in training, we remind them to keep going. Speak a lot about winning mentality. To do in order to be successful by the end of the season and lift silverware,. Many top players with potential and only a few can look back at 17 years with a cigar and big belly and say they made the most of their career.

Speaking about those things and giving those messages. Give the winning mentality. Soft skills and what is necessary to be each and every day on it. To keep improving. You start losing your game when you think you are a superstar. Performance culture and winning mentality is what we are trying to do. They need burning desire.

I am not sure I would want to swap with the players nowadays because there are so many distractions from pure football and performance. Social media brings praise and criticism. Digital world makes it difficult for the players nowadays, they lead a privileged life, but it's difficult to stay on your way and to stick to these values.

Game management has to be taught in young players?
Would not label it as the key thing or main thing, but definitely important. Do not be excited if you are leading, Do not rush it when you need to score a goal. Situations when you have a difficult time, you cannot play 90 minutes with plus 100.

Young players rush it sometimes a bit too much. Sometimes overdoing things. Game management is the key, but periods where you are in the lead and everything goes in the right direction, Make sure you do not fall asleep. Sense of the flowing of the game. Game management is important topic. Also, how they learn from experienced players.

Dallas mental state?
You can be the strongest person in the world with the best character and, believe me, Stuart is not far from this., it's wlays a hard road back and there are days when you suffer. Improtant we give them familiar surroundings, lots of support, coaches who work with him, phsyios and we as a group, whole team, staff hopefully make it for him pretty welcome and give him lots of support. Not pretending. Such a great lead. Sometimes there in the dressing room. Great sense of humour and character. Impoprtant part. Yes even more so if he was in team training; Still important for this group and I encouraged home to speak with the younger lads, give his experience, happy he is around.

If he has difficult days he hides it really well
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Daniel Farke pre Boro

Post by 1964white »

Thank you, Cjay :tup: after your unusual absence for his Swansea PC.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

What a shame Firpo is out for three weeks :lol:
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

1964white wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:02 pm What a shame Firpo is out for three weeks :lol:
Gutted
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Orange Box wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:08 pmGutted
Me too, I thought it read 3 months :x
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Good news on the injuries. Squad mostly improving week by week, Firpo a bit of a set back. We have a week until the next game, Then its 3 in 7 days. We know Byran can't play 270 minutes in 7 days, Firpo is a useful fill in.

Good comments on experience, game management, maturity. I play Football Manager. It's easy to throw together a team of wonderkids. In reality, it doesn't wok like that. Need senior pros on the training ground and in the dressing room. Need them on the pitch. But Farke alludes to experience and age not being the same. The players who got us promoted last time know what it takes and have experience the rest can look up to. But I also see a new leadership group emerging around Ampadu, Strujik, Rodon, Byram, Kamara.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

1964white wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:02 pm What a shame Firpo is out for three weeks :lol:
Joking aside, he 's been decent at spotting a few minutes for Byram. 3 games in 7 days (Dec 9th to 16th) is too much for him. Firpo is a useful fill in.

We don't have another obvious option there. Shackleton. But he wasn't mentioned in the updates. We did see Archie there for 5 minutes on Wednesday. Could be a possibility with Spence coming back.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Ayling or Shackleton to come into the squad then I guess
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

Now now 64, be careful of karma. :roflmao:
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

So more moths around a flame and noone asking the real questions - why Ayling or Cooper instead of Shackleton or Cresswell. Why Bamford instead of Joseph.

I get the loyalty and desire to keep them involved, but we need more Archie's and Rutter's.
I will keep the faith - but no more stupid losses because we have old timers on the pitch.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:39 pm Good news on the injuries. Squad mostly improving week by week, Firpo a bit of a set back. We have a week until the next game, Then its 3 in 7 days. We know Byran can't play 270 minutes in 7 days, Firpo is a useful fill in.

Good comments on experience, game management, maturity. I play Football Manager. It's easy to throw together a team of wonderkids. In reality, it doesn't wok like that. Need senior pros on the training ground and in the dressing room. Need them on the pitch. But Farke alludes to experience and age not being the same. The players who got us promoted last time know what it takes and have experience the rest can look up to. But I also see a new leadership group emerging around Ampadu, Strujik, Rodon, Byram, Kamara.
:shirtw: :clapp: You're feckin jokin aren't cha !!! :scar1 :clapp:

I'm over the feckin moon !

Now listen, pssst - My cynical mind is going into overload, last week there were reports Real Betis could be interested, now if DF like i feel he does actually thinks like me, this is the plan - DF knows like me he's garbage, so, let him have those few minutes where virtually nowt can go wrong (although he fcked that up, as we all saw for that goal)
Let's presume Betis have made an inquiry - DF comments " Oh he's exceptional quality RB "....remember that bullshit quote, it's the one i was gonna use to refer to Cjay :roll: ....well, DF could be playing a blinder by now saying he's injured for 3 weeks to take us up to the January window and make all my Christmas's come at once !

Put him in the shop window, just for a few seconds before they see how shite he his, get him off, say he's injured, and you can have him for 7m ...feckin win win all round, fck a 'loan to buy' ...THEY WON'T FECKIN BUY, I'M TELLIN THI !!.....get the fcker sold asap, and 'sale no return' like on that Ebay.

PLEASE- PLEASE - PLEASE Lord, let this be the case.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)