Dallas and Cooper contract situation

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Bongo1874
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Dallas and Cooper contract situation

Post by Bongo1874 »

Hi just wondering do you think Cooper or Dallas will get renewals or is it time up.

Watched you a few times this season have looked very good 👍.

Newcastle fighting for champions league again,but thinking we are really going to struggle, 10 players out injured 😕.

Hope I'm wrong.

Hearts my Scottish Team in 3rd place can't complain,big game against Rangers at home on Wednesday.

Hope all is well and fingers crossed on promotion for you guys this season
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Dallas and Cooper contract situation

Post by The Subhuman »

Would love Dallas to stay and get his coaching badges with us. Coop may want one final fling but both great servants at ER.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
pjm2019
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by pjm2019 »

Before the injury Dallas was a premiership level player, hope he is back in the team in Jan 24 so the board can make a decision re extending his contract.

Cooper has been a loyal player BUT i think we should not renew at the end of the season as his lack of pace is a real issue bearing in mind our back 4
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

Agree that Cooper should not have his contract renewed, and i dont mean that in a nasty way. He has been a good servant to the club, a good leader, the type every team needs but his playing days are over as far as Leeds are concerned, we simply need better players than Coops.
As for Stuarty i think the club will wait until they see him back in contention for the 1st team before thinking about his contract renewal, as that would make more sense. I just hope he can get himself fit enough to at least give it another go and see how it turns out. I doubt anyone at the club can say for sure how he will come back from this injury, its a matter of wait and see.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

If the club give cooper another contract it shows where our ambitions really are, one of the reasons we are back in this division is because of players like him, just not good enough, it's alright being loyal, kissing the badge, shouting encouragement with very limited ability, it's far time to cut loose.
Dallas may just have something in him, we'll have to wait and see, if anything I can see Dallas in a coaching role.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

I stated when Bert left that Bert players would return to their usual mediocre/shite self.

I've yet to be proved wrong.

The improvement in Dallas under Bert quite literally astounded me as i thought he was well below average player pre Bert.

His age and injury will not do him any favours at all, i cn't see any of them being here next year myself.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Musicman1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Musicman1965 »

Dallas to retire and maybe move into a coaching role
Cooper has had a great career at Leeds and its sad but all good things must come to an end.
Cooper needs to make way for Cresswell as third choice CB or the talented youngster will be either loaned out or sold.
Clitheroe White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clitheroe White »

Musicman1965 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:36 pm Cooper needs to make way for Cresswell as third choice CB or the talented youngster will be either loaned out or sold.
100% agree
ShaunL
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by ShaunL »

Bye bye to both and Ayling try and offload Bamford too.
All 4 were good at The Championship level not so much now as we’ve seen this season .
Gotta agree with Kennyb all played better under Bert.