Happy Birthday Lee Chapman

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Musicman1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Happy Birthday Lee Chapman

Post by Musicman1965 »

Born: December 5, 1959 (age 64 years)

One of our best strikers.
Deadly in the air, what a player....
Fondly remembered
Happy Birthday
mentalcase

Re: Happy Birthday Lee Chapman

Post by mentalcase »

Leapy Lee
It's not what he scored it's the ones he missed, could and should have been a 1 in 2 striker with the chances he had, thats the difference between good and great players, bamford is similar, should put more chances away, he'll forever be remembered for the ones he missed rather than anything else, well, by most of us anyway.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

mentalcase wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:34 pm Leapy Lee
It's not what he scored it's the ones he missed, could and should have been a 1 in 2 striker with the chances he had, thats the difference between good and great players, bamford is similar, should put more chances away, he'll forever be remembered for the ones he missed rather than anything else, well, by most of us anyway.
I'd put my money on Chappie to score, ahead of Bamford every time, MC.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

When I lived in Borehamwood I remember going over to Vicarage Road, to Watch and England 'B' game v Iceland just because Chappie was playing. From memory he didn't start......may have come as a late sub. I think Brian Deane started instead, but some 35yrs ago now so not 100%
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:38 pm I'd put my money on Chappie to score, ahead of Bamford every time, MC.
Yea me too
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"