King Billy

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
mentalcase

King Billy

Post by mentalcase »

Didn't have time earlier, and am a bit surprised nobody else has started a thread today.
RIP the KIng

tempFileForShare_20231207-130747.jpg
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
mentalcase

Re: King Billy

Post by mentalcase »

tempFileForShare_20231207-131639.jpg
tempFileForShare_20231207-131508.jpg
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Thank you mental.

One of a handful of men who made this club what it is today. Many young uns won’t know how much this city owes Billy Bremner.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Orange Box wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:20 pm Thank you mental.

One of a handful of men who made this club what it is today. Many young uns won’t know how much this city owes Billy Bremner.
Your'e very welcome OB, Billy is one of those rare individuals you can actually call a "Legend" one of the greats, respected and feared by all, monster on the pitch, gentleman off it.
When I read or see pictures of BB, I can't help get a tad nostalgic, reading all the autobiographies I've read, when Billy gets mentioned, it's always from the heart.
RIP Billy.
airedale
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by airedale »

It's not the size of the man in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the man.

Many giants have tried to slay him
When he fights for every ball
But he knows the famous saying
When they're big the harder they fall
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

26years, where has that time gone?
RIP Billy
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
pjm2019
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by pjm2019 »

Miss his fighting sprit

RIP BB
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Billy is my all-time favourite footballer since I clapped eyes on him as 9yo kid.

So sad when he departed Leeds, and his death felt like a family bereavement. :verysad:
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

A hero of mine from an early age, he just seemed to be on a different level anongst some brilliant players in that era. What we wouldn’t give for another Billy to come along.
Can anyone think of any player that could lace Billy’s boots in say the last 10 years , answers on the back of a stamp please. I still think the statue at ER is one of the best I’ve seen at any ground. RIP Billy 🙏🏻
Keeping The Faith
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

I share all the above sentiments, RIP Billy, you bled Leeds United.
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

I had a friend who was a year or two older than me and he used to go to Elland Road to watch them train. They would mainly train on the field next to the West Stand car park and sometimes on the actual pitch itself. My friend would interact with the players and he would be sent over the street to buy fish and chips for their lunches. The players would smoke during breaks and were "real people". He came back one time and was really proud that Billy had used him as target practice while he was standing next to a wall watching them.
Prisoner37
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Prisoner37 »

A few weeks ago with our walking football group someone asked who is your favourite all time player?

Of course all the usual world superstars through the ages came out.

For me it was Billy Bremner. When asked to justify my selection, my reason is that he gave absolutly everything, every time he played.

A fearless maestro and a leader of the toughest set of footballers you could put together ❤
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Prisoner37 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:12 pm A few weeks ago with our walking football group someone asked who is your favourite all time player?

Of course all the usual world superstars through the ages came out.

For me it was Billy Bremner. When asked to justify my selection, my reason is that he gave absolutly everything, every time he played.

A fearless maestro and a leader of the toughest set of footballers you could put together ❤
You can't ask for more than that from a world-class player :tup:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Orange Box wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:20 pm Thank you mental.

Well said OB :ok:

Thanks MC for posting this up.

I idolised King Billy and all the Revie guys when I was a nipper, and still do
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:10 pm Billy is my all-time favourite footballer since I clapped eyes on him as 9yo kid.

So sad when he departed Leeds, and his death felt like a family bereavement. :verysad:
Tragic Leon 😭

Billy bled for our club :love:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

mentalcase wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:37 pm Your'e very welcome OB, Billy is one of those rare individuals you can actually call a "Legend" one of the greats, respected and feared by all, monster on the pitch, gentleman off it.
When I read or see pictures of BB, I can't help get a tad nostalgic, reading all the autobiographies I've read, when Billy gets mentioned, it's always from the heart.
RIP Billy.
100% MC :clap:

It's still very raw when I think we've lost Billy, and for me it hasn't been the same since then 😭
1964white

Post by 1964white »

We never had such a formidable central midfield such as Bremner & Giles who scored so many goals.

Both knew how to hit the target with sheer precision.

No disrespect to Ampadu & Kamara but, they won't be scoring goals on a regular basis as much as these two little legends did at the highest level.

1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:39 pm Tragic Leon 😭

Billy bled for our club :love:
I'll never forget Billy, Johnny & that Leeds team, James. I'll take those golden memories to my grave, I feel so blessed to witness the whole era.
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

mentalcase wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:12 pm Didn't have time earlier, and am a bit surprised nobody else has started a thread today.
RIP the KIng

tempFileForShare_20231207-130747.jpg
Thanks for posting this Mental. What a great photo - just sums up the man.
There's a saying in leadership that you change people by what you do, not by what you say. BB just let his play and sheer guts do the talking
Just look at how that team grew under his leadership. They weren't all highly talented, "nimble" players, but that never-say-die attitude was like an extra player.
Got to go down as one of the all time most memorable football teams.
Tighthead
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Tighthead »

Missed this yesterday, apologies.

RIP Billy MOT.