Daniel Farke pre Blackburn

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Daniel Farke pre Blackburn

Post by Cjay »

Farke's here - Injuries?
We will see. We had a few knocks after Boro. Had to manage the load. Joe had problems after last weekend. Summerville, Byram and Joffy had problems, but all three involved today. I expect them to be available and fit. Injury of Firpo and Poveda's situation. Only question is Ayling. Two days of training in the last days. Light knee issues. Managed his load. Hopefully can train with the team tomorrow, but this is the only question.

Poveda
Always want all of your players. Would have preferred having him available. Always allow a player to go away. Special one. Not a normal period but it's a great honour for every player to rep his home country. With his roots over there. First time called up. Desperate to go. Family roots. Big chance to represent his motherland.

He will return on the 18th. Not many minutes in the last games. Could be a big boost for his mood and confidence. Benefit and reward for us when he comes back with confidence. Imagine what would have happened if we did not allow him. May not have trained with proper motivation. Sends him a sign we don't care about his wishes or career. Sends the wrong signal to the other lads in the squad. Only solution to let him go.

Comes back in a great mood and grateful. Still have chances to call him back if we have injuries.

Opportunity for someone else?
Anyone who was not in the squad before. Gelhardt if he is available. Joseph. Two players who deserve to be in the squad. Always the same, a chance for a different player when someone is out.

Discipline
Not focused on it, but one of my values is showing class and style in the way we behave. Don't want unnecessary bookings or suspensions because ti makes your life harder. On this level, two or three per cent can be decisive. Major problem when you lose players.

Always want to stay disciplined and avoid unnecessary cards and fouls. Want my players to be smart and not naive. Tactical fouls should be done in a smart way. Don't like fouls because of opponent free-kicks. Opportunity to send CBs up front with a good corner or FK. Stay disciplined and smart.

Balance isn't it?
We want to be competitive. When the fire is burning. Without being motivated you cannot be successful. Play with fire in the heart and cool in the head. If you are over emotional it's no way to win football games. Manage it in a smart way.

Kamara - development?
Never a perfect game for teams or players. For Glen, there is more to come and more consistency. When I judge his last five or six games I would say he is on a top level. Decision-making on the ball. Experience and class to find a good balance.

His calness on the ball, he is priceless. Like how competitive he is against the ball. Won many duels. Aggressive in pressing and recovering the balls. Quite crucial for our game. Pleased with him and he can go further in his way

Szmodics?
I like this side and I rate them. The work of Jon Dahl. Fantastic job. Good possession side. Very brave. Crazy in a positive way. Fluent. Rotations. Difficult if you want to follow every movement. Important to be rock solid. Good structure is needed. Create many chance and xG on this level. Offensive threat. Many good players.

Szmodics a stand out player with goals. Well structured and disciplined against the ball. They can hurt anyone. Not full of fear, but we need our best performance.

Bamford - difficult spell with injuries - abuse - has he recovered from all of that?
All happy we have Patrick with his experience and his quality as a player. No coincidence with an England call-up. Double figures last time in this league. PL was on a top level first year. Body had to deal with a pt in the last few years. Never easy from mental side. Need to be in your rhythm.

Unlucky our offensive players had so many end products for him. Struggled to get more minutes. Happy we have him. Also easier to shine with goals and assists and end products when you start every game. When you get 20 or 30 minutes it's not that easy.

Our starters cannot afford to give less because a quality player with many skills like Patrick is available.

Points totals in the top four - why so high this year?
Difficult to say. This season, one of the most competitive seasons in the whole last decade. Sometimes a coincidence when more than one team are picking up so many points at the same time, like Leicester and Ipswich at the start. It is important to concentrate on yourself.

Money helps, but it is about spirit, balance and hard work. One top-class player after another can ruin the whole atmosphere and spirit or identification with a club. Always makes your life easier. Identification with the shirt is important. For us we are on a good way.

Significant the relegated trio are up there?
Yes. I would think so. The teams who played just a few months ago in the PL have proper individual quality and if they are in good positions they are doing things the right way. Dealing with the hangover well.

Credit to those teams who do it though. In my first years with Norwich there were no relegated sides prospering in the Champ. If you are doing well and have strong sides just promoted, like Ipswich, many others like West Brom, Boro, Hull, Blackburn, Sunderland. Competitiveness of the Championship is exceptional.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Daniel Farke pre Blackburn

Post by 1964white »

Is Rodon a doubt then?
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

Cjay wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:01 pm
Discipline
Not focused on it, but one of my values is showing class and style in the way we behave. Don't want unnecessary bookings or suspensions because ti makes your life harder. On this level, two or three per cent can be decisive. Major problem when you lose players.

Always want to stay disciplined and avoid unnecessary cards and fouls. Want my players to be smart and not naive. Tactical fouls should be done in a smart way. Don't like fouls because of opponent free-kicks. Opportunity to send CBs up front with a good corner or FK. Stay disciplined and smart.
Wear the badge "Dirty Leeds" loud and proud, but not the case the season:

"United have picked up the fewest yellow cards of any team in English football's second, third or fourth tiers, accruing just 29 cautions - and one red for two bookable offences - in their 19 Championship outings so far, making them the division's cleanest side."

"Equally, Leeds' Football League bookings low does not correspond to the fouls they have made. United have committed 190, the ninth-least in the Championship. Much like Pep Guardiola's Manchester City, who fly under-the-radar as prolific offenders when it comes to fouling, Leeds appear to have been street-smart."

Quite the far cry from last seasons numbers"

"This is a far-cry from just last season, when the Whites' 84 bookings in 38 Premier League matches was the joint-highest alongside Wolverhampton Wanderers, en route towards the top flight's trap-door. Wolves' ill-discipline saw them pick up six reds last term, to Leeds' three, but the pair were by some distance the division's most-oft penalised teams."

Speaks to DF's approach and how he's got the players to buy in as well, I think, to the project as a whole.

Source: https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... ad-4433612
In Farke we trust...
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

I think that was a classy move on Poveda. Farke could have easily said No given the fixtures we have coming up.

Obviously doesn't see Poveda as having a major role. His loss is minimal. But he still sees a use for him occasionally.

It's kind of a win win. Should be a positive for the player. And if player is happy, a positive for the club. Plus, if we add to the squad in January, it should make Poveda more sellable.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

1964white wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:16 pm Is Rodon a doubt then?
That looks a fair interpretation of what he said. It’s a puzzling one though, I can find no news stories picking it up, so Leeds could be keeping the news tight. If so, why would DF mention it in his news conference?

Lets just hope it’s lost in translation and there’s not an issue. He does go on to say Ayling is the only problem, so fingers crossed Joe starts.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Jeez i love it when a manager is seeing, thinking and talking exactly how i see things myself.

Being on the same wavelength you might say.

There is just sooooooooooo much to read into all the above, i'm lovin it.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Kennyb41 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:28 am Jeez i love it when a manager is seeing, thinking and talking exactly how i see things myself.

Being on the same wavelength you might say.

There is just sooooooooooo much to read into all the above, i'm lovin it.
I wonder if he would be as happy knowing he is on your wavelength ?

Just playing devils advocate
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

DDB220 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:34 am I wonder if he would be as happy knowing he is on your wavelength ?

No problem.

He obviously would, otherwise he wouldn't have said it all.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

To be honest I take all media briefings with a pinch of salt. The majority of managers all come out with the same cliche’s. The only part that interests me is the injuries as that tends to be more factual.

If there are no injuries to the starting 11 I doubt he will make any changes. Although, if Spence is fit it would be nice to see him have a run out. I suspect he and Gnonto will be the replacements for Archie and DJ at some point in the 2nd half.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

DDB220 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:34 am I wonder if he would be as happy knowing he is on your wavelength ?

:rol: :rol: :rol: :rol: