The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 8th December) - Mateo Joseph set to feature for Leeds this weekend

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 8th December) - Mateo Joseph set to feature for Leeds this weekend

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Good Morning, it's Friday 8th December, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Mateo Joseph set to feature for Leeds this weekend

Much of the talk about this season has been about the changing of the guard at Elland Road. Pascal Struijk has relieved Liam Cooper of the captains armband and his place in the centre of defence and young Archie Gray is now picked ahead of Luke Ayling at right back. With questions around Patrick Bamford’s striking prowess, he’s not scored since April, is it time to blood our youngsters?

Whilst Joe Gelhardt has never really taken his chance for the first team, Mateo Joseph has been prolific for the U21s and will be itching for a chance in the first team. With Ian Poveda on international duty with Columbia there is a spare place on the bench this weekend, could Joseph be the man to take it? Whilst Leo Hjelde, Lew Bate and Darko Gyabi were involved for the U21s, Joseph was missing fuelling speculation he could be involved this weekend.

Whilst it may be sad to say goodbye to some of those players who won us promotion under Marcelo Bielsa the up and coming young players really need a change to prove their worth, otherwise they may look elsewhere for opportunities to play first team football.

Should Gelhardt look for opportunities away from Elland Road?

Whilst Mateo Joseph may be tipped for a place in this weekends squad to face Blackburn, chances have been few and far between for Joe Gelhardt this season. A player who was once tipped as ‘the new Wayne Rooney’ has seen his career stagnate somewhat. Could the time be right for Gelhardt to look for opportunities away from Elland Road?

Responding to speculation about a potential move to Huddersfield on Twitter, Sun journalist suggested any move for Gelhardt would be ‘pretty expensive’ as Leeds look to cash in on one of their most promising young talents. A permanent deal to another Championship club looks off the cards in January given the potential price tag Leeds will set but would another loan deal be beneficial for both Gelhardt and Leeds?

Gelhardt had a mixed time during his time at Sundealand in January, struggling to leave a lasting impression on Wearside. Nobody at would question his commitment or ability, but circumstances have made it a challenge. Another move this January could be more beneficial for Gelhardt and get his career back on track.

Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 8th December) - Mateo Joseph set to feature for Leeds this weekend

Post by Kennyb41 »

Sorry to hear you've got the shits Matt (i'm not, i find it funny as fck) drink loads of water for 24hrs, tis the ONLY way lad, believe me.

Yeah come on DF, let's give all these Orta fans a glimpse of Joseph, he may have a spectacular dreamcoat, i mean debut sorry, a debut of many colours.

Get Joffy off on that loan cart again, if he didn't tear it up at mighty Sunderland, let's try some fcker else until he comes good, he's got age on his side, same goes for Hjelde etc.

Psst...I've heard there's a new 33yo ex Hammers scout might be coming our way via Scotland, anyone know owt bart him?

33yo ffs ! wtf can he know at that age huh ? He's probably full of feckin stats stats and more stats until they're coming out of his feckin ears, the last stat man we had was a Grade A Clown that thought collecting Panini stickers and albums was the stathead way to go huh ?
Last edited by Kennyb41 on Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
mentalcase

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 8th December) - Mateo Joseph set to feature for Leeds this weekend

Post by mentalcase »

Morning all.
Perkins deserves his chance like they all do, it's getting enough minutes to be able to stake a claim that counts.
If he comes on we can only hope he impresses and maybe knocks one of the chances barndoor misses.

I would like to see Gelhardt get a loan move if anything, but in his favoured position, he won't get in at ER again by the looks of things, nobody knows best where to play him though , he certainly has talent, and I'd hate to see him flourish elsewhere becuase we were to hasty with his minutes, why wasn't he offered minutes like roberts for instance !!

3 points on the road tomorrow will be fantastic, let's hope we get them.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
PhoenixUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PhoenixUnited »

mentalcase wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:51 am Morning all.
Perkins deserves his chance like they all do, it's getting enough minutes to be able to stake a claim that counts.
If he comes on we can only hope he impresses and maybe knocks one of the chances barndoor misses.

I would like to see Gelhardt get a loan move if anything, but in his favoured position, he won't get in at ER again by the looks of things, nobody knows best where to play him though , he certainly has talent, and I'd hate to see him flourish elsewhere becuase we were to hasty with his minutes, why wasn't he offered minutes like roberts for instance !!

3 points on the road tomorrow will be fantastic, let's hope we get them.
Tough task / long dash from Oxford to get in...... :lol:
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

PhoenixUnited wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:19 am Tough task / long dash from Oxford to get in...... :lol:
:lol:
Sure I'm losing it
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Joseph might be on the bench at the weekend, but he will not be getting the nod ahead of Bamford. DF has alluded to the fact in his pre match press conference that he sees Bamford as a valuable player. It is management lip service of course and Bamford probably has until the Jan window to justify his place in the match day squad. It may have already been determined if the Diaz rumour has any weight.

But Joseph will not see the grass in a league game anytime soon unless we have the luxury of coasting a game with a big lead, or an injury crisis occurs.

I cannot see Joseph or Gelhardt replacing Bamford, if they were at the required level I think DF would have already made that change - as he has done with Cooper and Ayling. Personally, I strongly believe Bamford's replacement will be a signing in the next window, if DF thinks Bamford is not a good enough player to challenge what is on the pitch or make an impact from the bench.
PhoenixUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PhoenixUnited »

There is a lot of promise in young Joseph. I am looking forward to see how he goes. Needs to get in first of course but you never know; comes in and gets a couple of goals then anything might happen
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Paddy will still be first off the bench imo, so at most I wouldn’t see Fernandez get more than 5 minutes at the end of a game we’re either cruising in or well down in
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Get well soon.

I think Joseph has the potential to become the next Piroe. :|

Joffy need some game time. Hopefully his mate at boro is inspiring him. I had high hopes for him but he needs something to fall for him somewhere to get him going.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Joseph can only do so much in the U21's before he either gets his chance in the first team or he goes out on loan.
He may well be on the bench tomorrow but I'm sure Bamford will still be first on if Rutter is replaced
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden