Breathtaking

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Breathtaking

Post by whiteswan »

Anyone watching this incredible emotional true life drama? (Mods please feel free to integrate into another thread if need be)
PhoenixUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: Breathtaking

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Eh?
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

PhoenixUnited wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:36 amEh?
Programme on ITV, about Covid.

We are storing them up to watch on the trot, so this is my first and only post in this thread 😁
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Barlow Boy wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:45 am Programme on ITV, about Covid.

We are storing them up to watch on the trot, so this is my first and only post in this thread 😁
I can save you the time, I know how it ends 🙄
Keeping The Faith
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Barlow Boy wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:45 am Programme on ITV, about Covid.

Did your Mrs persuade you to watch One Day yet, Kev? It’s a series. 14 about 1/2 hour ones.
It surprised me. Thought it would be a stupid chick flick type thing but I really enjoyed it.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Jaydog wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:44 am Did your Mrs persuade you to watch One Day yet, Kev? It’s a series. 14 about 1/2 hour ones.
It surprised me. Thought it would be a stupid chick flick type thing but I really enjoyed it.
Best half hour "sit com" has to be Loudermilk surely...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

The Subhuman wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:52 am Best half hour "sit com" has to be Loudermilk surely...
Not heard of it. Sounds like my sort of thing.
Is it a little bit like the Ricky Gervais one??
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Jaydog wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:55 am Not heard of it. Sounds like my sort of thing.
Is it a little bit like the Ricky Gervais one??
Erm, not really, it's unusual in that it has a lot of main cast characters, that compliment each other so well... The lead is an ex music journalist/alcoholic now leading an AA type group meeting in a church. Great music throughout, Loudermilk's cynicism rules throughout and some great one liners. One of his books is called "All You Need Is Love and Fifty Other Songs to Kill Yourself To"

The singer Lissie turns up in series 3
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

The Subhuman wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:10 am Erm, not really, it's unusual in that it has a lot of main cast characters, that compliment each other so well... The lead is an ex music journalist/alcoholic now leading an AA type group meeting in a church. Great music throughout, Loudermilk's cynicism rules throughout and some great one liners. One of his books is called "All You Need Is Love and Fifty Other Songs to Kill Yourself To"

The singer Lissie turns up in series 3
Sounds good. I’ll have a watch.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:36 am I know how it ends 🙄
We all do. Some more than others.....

This is more about the struggle the medical staff have. Inept government, the lies, inept beurocracy, inept conditions. It's based on one consultants memoirs, what we see, actually happened. Also how it disrupted staff and their families....a shocking watch actually.
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

whiteswan wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:32 pm We all do. Some more than others.....!

This is more about the struggle the medical staff have. Inept government, the lies, inept beurocracy, inept conditions. It's based on one consultants memoirs, what we see, actually happened. Also how it disrupted staff and their families....a shocking watch actually.
Will have a watch, my better half and daughter are both nurses and I watched them work through it so I have a small insight into some of the s**t that went on.
Keeping The Faith
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:47 pm Will have a watch, my better half and daughter are both nurses and I watched them work through it so I have a small insight into some of the s**t that went on.
It's a hard watch Cussie. The main character is who's book it's based on. Everything in the drama actually happened, but not necessarily at the same hospital. Every storyline is based in one hospital for drama purposes but it's all true. We also get snippets of the actual Boris and Hancock act.
Well done to your wife and daughter....true heroes.
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

I doubt they’d agree with the heroes part but I know I couldn’t do what they do.
Keeping The Faith
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Wow! Great finale.....
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

The Subhuman wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:52 am Best half hour "sit com" has to be Loudermilk surely...
Good stuff.
Watched the first 4 last night.
Mrs likes it too which helps.
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

Oops I thought it was a post about Asthma.
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

Loudermilk was a great series, hopefully they'll be more series to come with a resurge of fans on Netflix, the cast seem up for it, I think the writer/s were looking for a new broadcaster, I hope Netflix commission it.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

BradWhite wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:52 pm Loudermilk was a great series, hopefully they'll be more series to come with a resurge of fans on Netflix, the cast seem up for it, I think the writer/s were looking for a new broadcaster, I hope Netflix commission it.
Think the production company went bust or something. Farrelly has a story arc fro 7 seasons apparently
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

The Subhuman wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:01 pm Think the production company went bust or something. Farrelly has a story arc fro 7 seasons apparently
Hope so, great series and lots of newbies are now catching it on Netflix so there should be some momentum and interest from Netflix themselves in to producing it.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Nearly finished season 3 now. We were wondering what % of the script is taken up by arsehole & f**k you.
Some quality lines. So many I forget.