Daniel Farke post billion £ bottle jobs

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Daniel Farke post billion £ bottle jobs

Post by Cjay »

Gelhardt
In my plans until yesterday. Back spasm in training and could not climb in the coach, Happens once or twice a year and then he is out for two or three days. He trained today, but could not walk when we travelled. Saturday early kick-off and we are back in the early hours. Odds are against us, but we proved tonight we can fight those odds.

Stronger squad for Saturday?
I hope. Travelled without key players. Gruev and Rutter reported issues. Ilia with hip flexor and Georginio with his hernia. They could not finish training. Quick turnaround. Wait for their assessment. Bamford and Summerville could not train on Monday, just yesterday. They were there for short appearances. Sam Byram to, only two days back in training. Shackleton would have started tonight ahead of Firpo, but in the afternoon he felt unwell in the hotel. Have to wait a bit on him.

Joseph
Really good young players. Enjoyed pre-season with him and then he got an injury. Never easy for a young player to get into this side. We work with him on a daily basis. Humble, down to earth. Likes to work, open to hints and individual work. Today was not a gift or coincidence. He earned this appearance.

Played excellent. Deserved to be in the spotlight with his two goals. Major step in his development. Delighted he signed a new contract. Great business. Many compliments to our key people.

Farke - how unfortunate?
Congratulations to Chelsea. They were clinical. That second goal. Class finish, The Third goal really good action of Gallagher. Disappointed because wherever we go we want to win. I know it's not realistic we will win the FA Cup, but I wanted to win this and go in the next round. Young side, without several key players.

Joseph first steps on this level. 17yo Gray in the middle. Played a very good side with many top-class players. We were excellent. Second half more possession, more shots, more xG and the lads would have deserved a reward to night. For that, you can see the extra load an extra time, but I wanted to go there to win the game.

We stuck to ur beliefs and the fans had a good sense for this. Although we lost and are disappointed, they celebrated our young guys

How did that happen in the second half?
It was 50-50 in the first half. I encouraged the players before the game to stick to their principles. You can't defend for 90 minutes. We had to attack and have possession. We want to have the ball. Against a really good side, it can be difficult, but I encouraged them at HT to be braver and be more focused and quicker in the head.

Changed the positioning between the lines to be more dominant and all those points helped us in the game. Not the perfect outcome, but very good performance.

Summerville reluctance?
Yes, because we thought about extra time. Doctors recommended 30 minutes.

He was not capable of training on Monday, but it really improved over the last few days.

Gray in midfield
Good for his confidence to see him play at this level with these players. Enzo and Caicedo. I liked him on the pitch. Beneficial he did not have to go 120 minutes. He can be proud of his performance.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Daniel Farke post billion £ bottle jobs

Post by Cjay »

Oh and this was mentioned to DF but the press officer stepped in and said read the website

Club statement.

Leeds United can confirm an incident involving a Leeds United supporter occurred in the Shed End of Stamford Bridge during the first-half of tonight’s FA Cup game.

The incident is being investigated and is in the hands of the emergency services.

Edit

Apparently a fan fell during the celebrations and has gone hospital
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Been in the shed end a few times watching Leeds, the away fans are in the south east corner. of the shed, I've never been in there though.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

What is it with Shackleton and Gelhardt always seemingly picking something up when a chance might open up for them?
Pullhard
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Pullhard »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:07 pm What is it with Shackleton and Gelhardt always seemingly picking something up when a chance might open up for them?
Seems they never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Just reading that above now, two things i read into that statement - He wanted to test Gray against some quality, and he wanted to test what he's been teaching his players by not playing any other way than what he's taught.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)