RAYE

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20765
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

RAYE

Post by whiteswan »

Live at the Albert Hall, BBC1 anyone seen it? Awesome.
User avatar
mentalcase
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 10414
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:19 pm

Re: RAYE

Post by mentalcase »

No, but she's a very talented young lady, Whinehouseesque as I said 18 months ago.
" Man is not affected by events but by the view he takes of them "
User avatar
Tyzy
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4219
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:09 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: RAYE

Post by Tyzy »

Who,never heard of her
Overman
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3324
Joined: Wed May 15, 2019 11:04 pm

Re: RAYE

Post by Overman »

I think I'll stick to my Mulligan & O'Hare, Caravan Park.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79125
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: RAYE

Post by The Subhuman »

For all you artistes out there who think they can cover Kate Bush ...you can't.....
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20765
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: RAYE

Post by whiteswan »

mentalcase wrote: ↑Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:59 pm No, but she's a very talented young lady, Whinehouseesque as I said 18 months ago.
She certainly is. Yes...Whinehouseesqe.
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20765
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: RAYE

Post by whiteswan »

Tyzy wrote: ↑Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:11 pm Who,never heard of her
Then give her a look Tyzy.
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20765
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: RAYE

Post by whiteswan »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:30 pm For all you artistes out there who think they can cover Kate Bush ...you can't.....
She's nothing like Kate Bush.....
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79125
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: RAYE

Post by The Subhuman »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:34 pm She's nothing like Kate Bush.....
She covers Running up that Hill, badly. It's pre-Black Amy Winehouse basically, not bad tbf but don't cover Kate, it can't be done. If you want great new soul then Jalen Ngonda is the way to go

"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20765
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: RAYE

Post by whiteswan »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:36 pm She covers Running up that Hill, badly. It's pre-Black Amy Winehouse basically, not bad tbf but don't cover Kate, it can't be done
I've heard a brilliant cover of running up that hill. Not Raye's, but very well done by Bo Bruce.

My reason for posting tonight was about Raye live at the Albert Hall with full orchestra. Have you seen it?
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20765
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: RAYE

Post by whiteswan »

Never heard of Jalen, I'll listen to the video, but I'm more of a female voice fan.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79125
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: RAYE

Post by The Subhuman »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:44 pm I've heard a brilliant cover of running up that hill. Not Raye's, but very well done by Bo Bruce.

My reason for posting tonight was about Raye live at the Albert Hall with full orchestra. Have you seen it?
I haven't no. I have heard some of her music and it's not really my kind of thing and I don't think you can beat Frank era Amy anyway...
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21209
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: RAYE

Post by Jaydog »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:36 pm She covers Running up that Hill, badly. It's pre-Black Amy Winehouse basically, not bad tbf but don't cover Kate, it can't be done. If you want great new soul then Jalen Ngonda is the way to go

Don’t agree with that. First Aid Kit & Jade Bird have done great & original covers of Running Up That Hill
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
Prisoner37
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1157
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:27 pm

Re: RAYE

Post by Prisoner37 »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:36 pm She covers Running up that Hill, badly. It's pre-Black Amy Winehouse basically, not bad tbf but don't cover Kate, it can't be done. If you want great new soul then Jalen Ngonda is the way to go

Never heard of Jalen, but that is one real soul voice.

Thanks for putting it up Subhuman.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79125
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: RAYE

Post by The Subhuman »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:47 pm Never heard of Jalen, I'll listen to the video, but I'm more of a female voice fan.
So am I usually...
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20765
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: RAYE

Post by whiteswan »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:49 pm I haven't no. I have heard some of her music and it's not really my kind of thing and I don't think you can beat Frank era Amy anyway...
I didn't look at it as competition to Amy. Raye is different. But the whole concert was very good.

I don't listen to much music these days, I always used to. I'm trying to get back into it....John Coltrane is my next listen (Your recommendation a couple of years ago I believe )
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79125
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: RAYE

Post by The Subhuman »

Prisoner37 wrote: ↑Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:52 pm Never heard of Jalen, but that is one real soul voice.

Thanks for putting it up Subhuman.
From Liverpool believe it or not, stunning album. 64 is a big fan too
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155415
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: RAYE

Post by 1964white »

Prisoner37 wrote: ↑Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:52 pm Never heard of Jalen, but that is one real soul voice.

Thanks for putting it up Subhuman.
One of the albums of 2023 8-)

Very Marvin Gaye-ish.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79125
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: RAYE

Post by The Subhuman »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:53 pm I didn't look at it as competition to Amy. Raye is different. But the whole concert was very good.

I don't listen to much music these days, I always used to. I'm trying to get back into it....John Coltrane is my next listen (Your recommendation a couple of years ago I believe )
I'd imagine Coltrane is everyone who knows Jazz's recommendation... Music is everything to me, always has been. I do need it to be good and interesting though but I'm not limited to just a few genres anything goes...

I'm in Camden to see the Hold Steady on Saturday, really hoping Franz Nikolay is playing with them



"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20765
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: RAYE

Post by whiteswan »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:58 pm I'd imagine Coltrane is everyone who knows Jazz's recommendation... Music is everything to me, always has been. I do need it to be good and interesting though but I'm not limited to just a few genres

I'm in Camden to see the Hold Steady on Saturday



It's good to have a wide range I think.
Not sure who Hold Steady are....but have a great time. I went to Camden in the 80's to the Camden Palace night clubwhen it was owned by Steve Strange. Those were the days.
Post Reply