The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 14th May) Wagner's coy injury update on striking duo

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 14th May) Wagner's coy injury update on striking duo

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Tuesday 14th May, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Wagner's coy injury update on striking duo

Norwich City head coach David Wagner has kept his cards close to his chest when asked about the fitness levels of Ashley Barnes and Josh Sargent. Sargent, a USA International with 23 caps was signed by Daniel Farke during his four year tenure at Carrow Road, and knows the player well. He is the Canaries top scorer this season with 16 goals and 2 assists, even though he has less than 2000 minutes of game time under his belt, due to recurring injuries.

He limped off during the closing stages of Sundays first leg, though Wagner does not see his injury as anything too serious, and as of yesterday has not even checked on the his player or spoken to the medical department.

I haven’t spoken with him or the medical department [regarding Sargent]. Obviously he was not able to carry on. He has problems with his ankle but he is tough. I don’t think this will be a big issue.

Veteran forward Barnes, 34, missed Sunday's game with a calf injury. The former Brighton and Burnley player joined Norwich last Summer and has more than played his part, netting 7 times, and providing five assists.

I don’t think there is a big chance, but we know Barnesy is Barnesy and I know that our medical department works 24/7, so I won’t rule him out, but the chance is not huge.

Norwich fans set off fireworks at Leeds hotel

Norwich City fans set off fireworks at the hotel where the Leeds players were staying on the eve of the play off semi-final. Fireworks were set off at 1am and 4am around Sprowston Hall, a luxury Manor Hotel and Country Club on the outskirts of Sprowston, in a deliberate act to try and interrupt the sleep of the Leeds players ahead of their most important match of the season. According to Elland Road journalist Phil Hay, the players were only vaguely disturbed by the noise. The culprits who have not been caught posted videos of their antics on social media which have been doing the rounds.

Is the Gnonto chant acceptable

The Elland Road faithful were yet again in fine voice at Carrow Road on Sunday lunchtime, making themselves heard over a predominantly packed Norwich Stadium. They spend thousands of pounds each season following the Whites wherever they go, shuffling both their home lives and work in the process. Whilst their unreserved support must be applauded, there's a more sinister side to our fanbase that has plagued our club for generations.

Gone are the days of the 80's where thuggish, racist behaviour was acceptable, but there still seems to be a large contingent of Leeds fans intent on lowering the tone. Is this acceptable at football grounds in 2024? The Wilfred Gnonto chant was once again in full voice on Sunday 'He eats Spaghetti, he drinks Moretti, his c*ks f**king massive!' Is this acceptable? If you were taking your young son / daughter to a game for the first time, would you want them to hear this?

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 14th May) Wagner's coy injury update on striking duo

Post by The Subhuman »

Don't think that's the first time Norwich fans have pulled that stunt...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 14th May) Wagner's coy injury update on striking duo

Post by Jaydog »

Barnesy is Barnesy.
Enough said.
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

How did they knnow where the leeds team were staying?

Do we have a mole leaking information about where the team is?

This is deliberate provocation, if Spygate got Bielsa a huge fine, then tampering with a players sleep is much more serious.

Could they not have gone the old fashioned way and done a subtle bit of food poisoning, or at least set off a fire alarm at some ungodly hour.

Fireworks shows a certain lack of imagination. If Leeds were to respond in kind, what would be an appropriate response?
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Sean_Nile wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:40 am How did they knnow where the leeds team were staying?
I wonder :duno:
IMG_0461.jpeg
IMG_0461.jpeg (316.36 KiB) Viewed 2853 times
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Sean_Nile wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:40 am How did they knnow where the leeds team were staying?

Fireworks shows a certain lack of imagination. If Leeds were to respond in kind, what would be an appropriate response?
If size of club were an indicator, then Norwich would be a damp squib, to Leeds mini nuke
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

Orange Box wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:55 am If size of club were an indicator, then Norwich would be a damp squib, to Leeds mini nuke
What no horses heads in the bed?

No bed bugs or snakes?

No recording of early morning dawn chorus featuring a murder of crows?

No laxitives in the nightcap?

No lights going on and off inexplicably?

A hack into their mobile phone featuring a 30 minute rant by Delia?
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Sean_Nile wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:03 am

Now that’s just going too far.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Do we have a mole leaking information about where the team is?

This is deliberate provocation, if Spygate got Bielsa a huge fine, then tampering with a players sleep is much more serious.

Could they not have gone the old fashioned way and done a subtle bit of food poisoning, or at least set off a fire alarm at some ungodly hour.

Football teams nearly always stay at Sprowston Manor or Dunstan Hall when playing Norwich.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Oh god forgot about Ashley Barnes he is exactly the kind of washed up old s**t you would expect to score against us.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Sean_Nile wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:03 am

Is that like her 20 minute trifle?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Impromptu fire drill surely…..
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

The Subhuman wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 11:36 am Is that like her 20 minute trifle?
It's no trifling matter to be on the end of a Delia speech which she thinks is a recipe for success
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Sean_Nile wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:03 am What no horses heads in the bed?

No bed bugs or snakes?

No recording of early morning dawn chorus featuring a murder of crows?

No laxitives in the nightcap?

No lights going on and off inexplicably?

What no suspicious packages found throughout the night. (a collection of shoe boxes with ticking clocks)

Laxitives get my vote. That would also drain them off crucial nutrients.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Run up a bloody big bar tab, and charge it to Norwich City!!!
Clitheroe White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clitheroe White »

Why no response to the Gnonto chant question.

Acceptable. No.
Would I want my kids hearing that/ joining in ? No.
Can’t we just change the last line?

His rants are @@@@ Italian
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Clitheroe White wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 4:35 pm Why no response to the Gnonto chant question.

Acceptable. No.
Would I want my kids hearing that/ joining in ? No.
Can’t we just change the last line?

His rants are @@@@ Italian
TBF I don't like like the chant, I think it's embarrassing and kin childish, but how do you get thousands of brain dead morons to stop.
Who thought that silly chant up,.
Maybe the rest of the crowd should just boo when it's sang.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

Regarding the chant, its embarrassing to say the least. Unfortunately every club in the country has a set of moronic fans who get a kick out of songs like that. Trying to stop them usually ends up in a fight as thats how those guys deal with people that dont go along with their childish behaviour.
About the only thing that might work is the rest of the fans starting another song to drown them out, and given time they might just give up with the song.