Max Wober poll

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Max Wober poll

Keep
43%
Sell/Move on
57%
Loan
No votes

Total votes: 30

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Max Wober poll

Post by 1964white »

Please make a comment posting up your preferred option, not forgetting to use the vote tab at the top of each of our players polls.
Onemanstanding
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Max Wober poll

Post by Onemanstanding »

I vote to sell, had his chance last season and left at the last minute when he was needed.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Sell, don’t want any of the deserters back.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Johnthewhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Johnthewhite »

Sell, personally don't rate him.
Rather give Cresswell a proper go.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Flattered to deceive in a shite defence, jumped first chance he got, he can do one.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

He soon jumped ship the twat.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Would happily see all these players sold. But I'll also support anyone Farke keeps. Wober does seem one of the most useful.
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

One of the few who left who I think was a useful player. I think he would strengthen the defense in the championship. If we improve the defense we can get Ampadu back into midfield.
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

Would give us better depth in the defense. If we loose Rodon then i think Wober could turn out to be useful for us. Biggest problem for me is i don`t think the club will want him back permanently.
Wasn't he all for staying and going to be made captain, then decided to bugger off ? Or am i thinking of someone else ? If that was true then i`m not sure he is the type of player Farke would want around the place.
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

I think he was going to stay but was tempted by an offer he probably wasn’t expecting ie a big name German club.
The top of the Championship is better than the Austrian league which was the level he was at before we signed him.
Jammy 07
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jammy 07 »

Good player and he's already ours so would keep in a heartbeat.

Why ?

Because the club is bigger than any player and getting back to the PL next season trump all.

We potentially have a much better squad than least right under our noses and it just needs people to accept that when you give someone the contractual right to leave you can't really bleat when they take it.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Wober would probably bring in around £17m, Leeds United asking price!
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

He is one of our saleable assets. Whilst I would prefer to keep him he should attract offers.

The fly in ointment surrounds his contract clause - why would a club buy him when they can get his services for a season for the cost of just paying his wages - as the loan option is still in place.

I suspect he will go out on loan again. Ditto, all the players with the loan clause option if they get an offer they like.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

DDB220 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 10:42 pm He is one of our saleable assets. Whilst I would prefer to keep him he should attract offers.

The fly in ointment surrounds his contract clause - why would a club buy him when they can get his services for a season for the cost of just paying his wages - as the loan option is still in place.

I suspect he will go out on loan again. Ditto, all the players with the loan clause option if they get an offer they like.
Not sure if you missed the update while you were away. Marathe said that it wouldn't be the same next season with the loans. He said only two players had the same clause for next season. Most are assuming that to be Harrison and Roca. So it means Wober, Rasmus, AAronson, and Llorente are back in our hands.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 11:06 pm Not sure if you missed the update while you were away. Marathe said that it wouldn't be the same next season with the loans. He said only two players had the same clause for next season. Most are assuming that to be Harrison and Roca. So it means Wober, Rasmus, AAronson, and Llorente are back in our hands.
Most are assuming is the key phrase. Wober was signed when we were already in a relegation fight. Why does perceived wisdom suggest Roca. He was in the Bayern reserves. Just because he has bought a house in his native country ?
There are potential reasons and arguments for any of them having some level of contractual perpetuity. Probably best to wait and see.
However, you are right - I was unaware that there had been an update on the loan clause situation.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Get rid, another who no one had ever heard of until he came to Leeds, now he thinks he's Jack Charlton
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

DDB220 wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 7:50 am Most are assuming is the key phrase. Wober was signed when we were already in a relegation fight. Why does perceived wisdom suggest Roca. He was in the Bayern reserves. Just because he has bought a house in his native country ?
There are potential reasons and arguments for any of them having some level of contractual perpetuity. Probably best to wait and see.
However, you are right - I was unaware that there had been an update on the loan clause situation.
Marathe was the one who said there were two

Phil Hay said Harrison was most likely one of them

Marc Roca said he had a clause to go out on loan again in an interview a couple of months ago
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Roca almost certainly still has a loan clause active, no clue who the second one is though
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

Get rid
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Probably the one i think would make us more solid at the back. I can't see him sticking around tho after jumping ship at the last minute.

I would keep. We have no idea how long Pascal will be out, and if he will be the same player when he returns.