The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 21st June) Brighton keeper could be used as bargaining chip

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 21st June) Brighton keeper could be used as bargaining chip

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Friday 21st June, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Brighton keeper could be used as bargaining chip

The Whites are being linked with a move for highly rated shot-stopper Carl Rashworth, and could be used as a bargaining chip in Brighton's pursuit of Crysencio Summerville. The 22 year old had an outstanding season with Swansea City last time round, and was even named as their POTS in an otherwise uninspiring campaign, bringing him to the attention of Leeds, and others. Rushworth has never kicked (or saved) a ball for the Seagulls first XI, having spent the last four years on loan picking up valuable experience.

How likely is the move? Surely, if Leeds were going after a keeper, they would have made a play for Swedish International Viktor Johansson, who recently completed a £1m move from Rotherham to Stoke City.

McKennie blasts Leeds and the weather

There wasn't too much to write home about during the 22/23 season, but for one man, his five month loan spell turned into the lowest point of his footballing career, as told by 'The Athletic' yesterday. With relegation a real possibility in the January of 2023, the club decided to beef up their midfield by signing Weston McKennie from Juventus on a play before you pay basis. Fellow USA compatriots Tyler Adams and Brendon Aaronson were already integrated at the club, and with Jesse Marsch at the helm, nobody was too surprised when Victor Orta shook hands with his Juve counterpart, lining up a permanent £35m deal at the end of the season.

McKennie's loan spell turned into a nightmare. He learnt the hard way that the Premier League is a very unforgiving place, especially when you're not at the top of your game. He rarely got much game time, until Tyler Adams tore his hamstring, and even then, his performances were sub-par. He took his fair share of stick on social media, even claiming he was a victim of racist abuse from Whites fans. With only his private chef and personal assistant to keep him company, the stress of a relegation dog fight (and the weather) got to the 25 year old. His plan to come to Leeds, save them from relegation, and be snapped up by a top 5 club unravelled quicker than England's tactics against Denmark!

My time at Leeds was probably one of my lower points, if not the lowest in my professional career. I always look at the positive because I was at Juventus, playing week in and week out, and maybe I developed a little bit of comfortability or complacency, knowing I was going to play on the weekend.

By going to Leeds and having the performance that I had there and the way that it just turned out in general — four coaches in five months, just nothing going to plan or how I imagined it. When I went there, my head was more, ‘OK, I want to go here, perform very well, put up numbers, help the team stay up and then hopefully another Premier League team, top five, comes in and sees how well I’ve played and then they would buy me.

With all the respect to Leeds and their fans, I love Champions League football. I love playing at the highest level. Leeds was more of a place I wanted to go to experience something new, the Premier League. But there’s no better place to be seen by Premier League teams than if you’re playing in the Premier League. Football is a world where it’s sometimes unforgiving. People obviously don’t know what football players go through and the stress football players put on themselves to perform, because it’s not like we want to perform badly. It’s not like we want to lose games. It’s just sometimes you have ups and downs, so it hurts.

It was probably the first time besides for the World Cup exit where I cried, after the last game of the season at Leeds, when we officially got relegated. I hate to lose and I felt like I really let down the expectations that people had of me going there. Luckily, I had my personal chef, Patrick Contorno, who works with me in Italy, and he was living over in England with me and I had my assistant Charles also living with me.

If you’re in a down mood in England, it can be hard to deal with it because it’s also very bad weather most of the time. It’s rainy and gloomy and it just sets the mood for you to already be in a sad mood. I had those guys there with me and it helped a lot. If I was there alone, I would have definitely gone into, like, a state of complete depression because I wasn’t performing. I’m my own biggest critic.

Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 21st June) Brighton keeper could be used as bargaining chip

Post by Kennyb41 »

Ahh, it's from 'The Athletic', then it MUST be true huh.

I'll just say this - Every single internet site wants/needs advertising revenue.

Did you know that some people actually fall for everything they read on the net ?

I bet you didn't know that eh ???

Well it's true, i just read it on Twatter.

I mean, well, it's not like us English don't moan abart weather here is it :roll:

I wonder why Mes is so useless and so scared to come for crosses ? Could it be his spindly frame or his broad shoulders are just way too big for him ?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:
Must dash.
;@)
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 21st June) Brighton keeper could be used as bargaining chip

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Well, McKennie still doesn't improve his image

We had a deal to buy him for 35 million at the end of the season. But his plan was just to catch the eye of a wealthier club.

It was always clear that his head was never in the right place while he was here. Some think he was more disruptive. But at the very least, he didn't give a sh1t about the club he was playing for.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Kennyb41 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 6:39 am Ahh, it's from 'The Athletic', then it MUST be true huh.

I'll just say this - Every single internet site wants/needs advertising revenue.

Did you know that some people actually fall for everything they read on the net ?

I bet you didn't know that eh ???

Well it's true, i just read it on Twatter.

I mean, well, it's not like us English don't moan abart weather here is it :roll:

I wonder why Mes is so useless and so scared to come for crosses ? Could it be his spindly frame or his broad shoulders are just way too big for him ?
It's in quotations. Pretty clear it's McKennoe's own words.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 6:54 am It's in quotations. Pretty clear it's McKennoe's own words.
Oh i have no doubt he moaned abart the weather, so what ? It is feckin freezin here in winter.

Jeez, folk have gotta be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo careful what they say these days, bar me.

Just remember, folk need summert write abart.

And also need daft numpties to fall for it.

Hey ! I just realised - I'm falling for Ellands shite he writes here everyday, DOH !

Why dya write shite here everyday Elland huh ?? So we'll read it ya fecker huh ???? Attract readers huh ? Pricks like me eh eh ??
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:
Must dash.
;@)
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

Patrick my personal chef was so distraught since he could not source my usual Japanese Wagyu beef steak, and since he found himself so restricted in his culinary efforts, almost by osmosis, the troubles he was having in the kitchen were somehow reflected by my performance on the pitch.

Now that I think of it, it was the bad english food that depressed us both. Some nights I had to console Patrick as he contemplated what he could possibly do with a Tesco Value beef burger.

And Charles who is a tech wizard and so adept with computer was brought to tears by BT, whilst trying to sort out an internet connection.

Patrick and Charles both we total wrecks and I spent most of my time trying to keep them on an even keel, and as such I had no energy for football.

My experience in England was about as depressing as the weather.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Having his own personal chef is probably why he put on a lot of weight ....
"Any artistic decision which is based on whether or not you're going to make money isn't an artistic decision, it's a business decision"
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Kennyb41 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 6:58 am Oh i have no doubt he moaned abart the weather, so what ? It is feckin freezin here in winter.

Jeez, folk have gotta be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo careful what they say these days, bar me.

And also need daft c**ts to fall for it.

Hey ! I just realised - I'm falling for Ellands shite he writes here everyday, DOH !

Why dya write shite here everyday Elland huh ?? So we'll read it ya fecker huh ???? Attract readers huh ? Pricks like me eh eh ??
No need for the insults kenny.
If you don't like EBs morning debate, don't read them.
There appear to be a couple of posters that can't grasp the reality of what EB is doing here, it's called a "morning debate" for a reason.
I'd much rather he did them than have a very quite board with nothing to discuss, if he didn't do them the same conversations would spring up anyway as no doubt others will pick up on the storyline elsewhere.
Give it a rest.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

mentalcase wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 7:40 am No need for the insults kenny.
There appear to be a couple of posters that can't grasp the reality of what EB is doing here, it's called a "morning debate" for a reason.
I'd much rather he did them than have a very quite board with nothing to discuss, if he didn't do them the same conversations would spring up anyway as no doubt others will pick up on the storyline elsewhere.
Give it a rest.
Spot on MC !
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

EB, does a cracking job here... keep going
"Any artistic decision which is based on whether or not you're going to make money isn't an artistic decision, it's a business decision"
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Give it a rest.
Hey, that was tongue in cheek stuff ffs, there's no one likes the brekky debate more than me.

Stop waiting to pounce on my every word huh.

I'm actually pointing fun at myself if you take it in the right context. Fun, do you remember that ?
Must dash.
;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Oh Jeez here we go, out come the haters.
Must dash.
;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

And btw, Elland knows i enjoy the morning debate, and i'm pretty sure he can say so himself if offended ffs.
Must dash.
;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Give it a rest.
Of course i grasp it, and if you read my post in the right context perhaps you'll 'grasp' what i was joking about.
Must dash.
;@)
CheltSteve
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by CheltSteve »

Loving your work EB!!
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Jeez, so that's it now is it, we've got a little gang getting together huh......"psst if we all get together, watch his every word, make complaints individually, perhaps we can get enough together to get shut of him and make YS sit up and take a look"

Btw, he's already sat up.
Must dash.
;@)
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

I like the regularity of the morning debate. I usually look forward to them at 11:00 my time, but of late they are appearing much earlier... is this because of the Euros or is EB on holiday, and has more time to write.

It is no small achievement to be able to produce content 5 days a week over a number of years. It is quite a feat of stamina and unwavering dedication to the task. More power to his elbow.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Kenny….have you not thought it’s the language used in your post which perhaps suggests that the intended tone isn’t ‘just having a laugh here’ but somewhat insulting ????

That’s how many would read it imo.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 7:58 am Kenny….have you not thought it’s the language used in your post which perhaps suggests that the intended tone isn’t ‘just having a laugh here’ but somewhat insulting ????

That’s how many would read it imo.
Well it wasn't meant in any other way than taking the piss outta myself.
Must dash.
;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Kennyb41 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 6:58 am Oh i have no doubt he moaned abart the weather, so what ? It is feckin freezin here in winter.

And also need daft c**ts to fall for it.

The bold section is actually my dig at 'clickbait' internet sites,

Then it dawned on me, that i'm actually doing that now !

So i made a joke abart myself.

I know exactly that he's trying to create debate to make this site tick over, it's good craic.

It's actually happening as we speak.
Must dash.
;@)