We Will Get Promoted

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

We Will Get Promoted

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Any positive fans out there looking forward to the new season ? ✋🏻
Keeping The Faith
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: We Will Get Promoted

Post by DDB220 »

Like what you did there.

Open minded personally.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Count me in as one of the positive brigade, Cussie.

Good to see our club being run properly.
Prisoner37
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Prisoner37 »

Agree 1964 on being run much more professionally, although it does take a bit of getting used to.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Yeah, I’m optimistic ahead of the new campaign.

Lots of work to be done on the squad before September and a strong start needed, but no reason why we can’t push for promotion.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

DF needs to have learned a lot from the QPR thrashing, and it was a thrashing, that and the Soton first half were the games we got completely mauled in, played off the park.

Upcoming opponents could learn heaps from rewinding those games, DF too.

I hope he has and does.

Our strengths, yet again, lie in our forwards being amongst the best in the league, he has to play to those strengths.

Still some incoming and outgoing transfers to come i feel, but we should be good to go, come the first game.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:
Must dash.
;@)
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

Feeling positive AS ALWAYS. Take note some on here.

Think there will be a few good incomings in the next 2 weeks but just worry in case the squad might be a bit light to weather the gruelling championship season.

As has been said, it looks like the division will be weaker this season, which will help.

I'm sure that Farke and co. will have sat down with one or two like Summerville and Gnonto and discussed whether they want to go or are happy to stay.

We might just get a surprise and find that they stay for another season.

If anyone to go I would rather it was Meslier.
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Right now, with the likes of Cresswell, Shackleton, Gray and Greenwood all moved on and Cooper likely to leave as well, the squad is very small but I'm sure there is work being done to bring replacements in.
People (pjm) just need to be patient.
I'm reasonably confident all will be well come the first game of the season.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Yep
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Kennyb41 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 8:44 am DF needs to have learned a lot from the QPR thrashing, and it was a thrashing, that and the Soton first half were the games we got completely mauled in, played off the park.

Upcoming opponents could learn heaps from rewinding those games, DF too.

I hope he has and does.

Our strengths, yet again, lie in our forwards being amongst the best in the league, he has to play to those strengths.

Still some incoming and outgoing transfers to come i feel, but we should be good to go, come the first game.
The positive there is that we only really had a couple of shocking performances. We had a few poor ones but often in those we were the better team, created more chances etc than the opposition. It reminds me very much of the Bielsa first season in that we weren't as clinical with our chances as the opposition seemed to be.

I don't see any reason why we can't emulate the Bielsa second season and improve. The second Bielsa season we only scored 4 more goals than we had done in the first season but we conceded 15 less. That for me is the crucial factor in that we can hopefully turn those narrow losses, such as losing 1-0 to Stoke into draws or hopefully wins. I think often the pressure to go for wins, due to Leicester and Ipswich having a big lead, cost us points where we could have settled for draws or who knows maybe even nicked wins because we hadn't gone behind when trying to force the outcome.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Chilli D wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 9:10 am Right now, with the likes of Cresswell, Shackleton, Gray and Greenwood all moved on and Cooper likely to leave as well, the squad is very small but I'm sure there is work being done to bring replacements in.
It was always key for me this summer to move out the deadwood and even the one or two big sales before we started bringing players in. Because of FFP etc ridding the squad of big earners, even if the fees are nominal, is a huge. Without knowing exact wages the likes of Cresswell, Shackleton and Greenwood could well have been on wages that would be average to high in the championship.

We saw with those players that they didn't really feature so were just squad depth. As with Bielsa the key is to bring in players to improve the first team, in the here and now, rather than just bolster the squad. I'd rather have 16 players that were all first team standard and then bulk up the squad with the youngsters than have 11 first team standard and 15 'decent' back up standard players who were not as good as the first team players.
Last edited by weasel on Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Yes we will and I am one who is fully expecting the " Farke isnt good enough for the Prem, look what happened last time with Norwich" type of threads that will probably already have been drafted, edited and contain copious references to Buendia

Looking forward to it.

:P
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

Depends if we have another hectic start to the season, I don't like the uncertainty of not knowing who's leaving then a last grasp panic to get them replaced before the window closes with a weakened squad, get the business done early and crack on.
pjm2019
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by pjm2019 »

Chilli D wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 9:10 am Right now, with the likes of Cresswell, Shackleton, Gray and Greenwood all moved on and Cooper likely to leave as well, the squad is very small but I'm sure there is work being done to bring replacements in.
Yes i do need to be patient, but it is hard when you read about offers for our players and read nothing about incomings,
pjm2019
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by pjm2019 »

weasel wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 9:14 am The positive there is that we only really had a couple of shocking performances. We had a few poor ones but often in those we were the better team, created more chances etc than the opposition. It reminds me very much of the Bielsa first season in that we weren't as clinical with our chances as the opposition seemed to be.

I don't see any reason why we can't emulate the Bielsa second season and improve. The second Bielsa season we only scored 4 more goals than we had done in the first season but we conceded 15 less. That for me is the crucial factor in that we can hopefully turn those narrow losses, such as losing 1-0 to Stoke into draws or hopefully wins. I think often the pressure to go for wins, due to Leicester and Ipswich having a big lead, cost us points where we could have settled for draws or who knows maybe even nicked wins because we hadn't gone behind when trying to force the outcome.
So we need a decent defence for the coming season. RB/LB/CB
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Book me a seat on the positive bus, please
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

pjm2019 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 9:25 am Yes i do need to be patient, but it is hard when you read about offers for our players and read nothing about incomings,
I know what you mean pjm but dont get sucked into the crap that others post on here, based only on their click bait information. Base you feelings on things when they actually happening. No point getting drawn into the negativity club brigade. Though i believe they are looking for more members and want to expand from a telephone box to a bus shelter. :)
The club have never gone out and yalked about new signing weeks or months ahead of them actually being signed, they always tend to keep things like that very quiet.

Edit, i think we have a really good chance of promotion :tup: But luck plays a big part in things like that, so fingers crossed as well
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Where’s the thread entitled I’m unsure if we will get promoted or not get promoted
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

pjm2019 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 9:28 am So we need a decent defence for the coming season. RB/LB/CB
I think a lot of improvement can come about simply by familiarity, especially with defending. Defensively we were excellent for much of the season and it is great that we were able to get Rodon back.

Second season under Bielsa the team were more familiar with his demands, more familiar with where they should be on the pitch at all times, where to play the ball to etc. A lot of stuff almost became auto-pilot.

I think a starting right back is a must. We are fine centrally but need to have a set back 4 with Byram covering both sides. Obviously can go for as much back up as you want but for me it is bringing in a quality starting rightback that is priority defensively.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

whiteinfrance wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 8:52 am Feeling positive AS ALWAYS. Take note some on here.

Think there will be a few good incomings in the next 2 weeks but just worry in case the squad might be a bit light to weather the gruelling championship season.

As has been said, it looks like the division will be weaker this season, which will help.

I'm sure that Farke and co. will have sat down with one or two like Summerville and Gnonto and discussed whether they want to go or are happy to stay.

We might just get a surprise and find that they stay for another season.

If anyone to go I would rather it was Meslier.
Good keeper in this division ... I'd keep him.

I'm very positive atm, We have a very talented first team as it stands that should finish top 2. If we keep Cry, Willy, Geo etc.
"Any artistic decision which is based on whether or not you're going to make money isn't an artistic decision, it's a business decision"