Player Ratings v Southampton (h)

Predict the scores...if you can!

- LUFC Match Predictions
- Predict Six
- FA Cup Predictions

Plenty to choose from - dip in and have a go - all MOT members welcome. Just for fun.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Player Ratings v Southampton (h)

Post by 1964white »

10 ratings

9.0 89.5 Raphinha :star:
8.1 80.5 Dallas
8.0 80.0 Meslier
7.8 77.5 Cooper
7.7 77.0 Llorente
7.6 75.5 Bamford
7.4 73.5 Costa (sub)
7.1 70.5 Harrison
7.1 71.0 Struijk
6.6 66.0 Ayling
6.4 58.0 Hernandez (sub - 9 ratings)
5.9 58.5 Klich
5.6 55.5 Alioski (sub)
5.1 50.5 Roberts
bremnerboy28
Ballboy
Ballboy

Re: Player Ratings v Southampton (h)

Post by bremnerboy28 »

Meslier - 8 - plays 10 yrs older than his age
Ayling - 6.5 - poor 1st half, better 2nd
Llorente - 6 - steady first game back
Cooper - 8 - thought he was excellent again, keep it up
Dallas - 7.5 - usual good game for Dallas wherever he plays
Struijk - 7 starting to look the part
Roberts - 6.5 - good in dribs and drabs, should have scored, still not convinced
Klich- 6 - where's the old Klich gone
Harrison - 5 - just not happening for him at the minute but confident he'll soon be back at it
Bamford - 8 - another great centre forward display from Paddy
Raphinha - 9 - £17m ?? give Victor a well done star!!
subs
Alioski - 3 - headless chicken, baffled by substitution if I'm honest
Hernandez - 5 - never got into game
Costa - 7 - could have got himself a start against Villa
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Meslier - 9 - Cleancsheet from Spiderboy and broke PL record for cleansheets by an U21 keeper. Gathered the ball well and caught more balls rather than punching them. also made some smart saves, one from Armstrong, and one for a shot which would have been offside.

Ayling - 6 - Not his best game but didn't do much wrong either. Steady.

Struijk - 7 - Like Ayling, but was in a different defensive shape with a new defender (Llorente) beside him so marked up for adapting.

Cooper - 8 - Great performance. Looked strong and had yet another shot tipped over the bar. Starting to look a threat at our set pieces. Kudos for the Granny Val trubute.

Dallas - 8 - Mr dependable. Most goals in the PL by a "defender" this season so far. Possibly one of the best finishers at the club.

Llorente - 8.5 - As the game wore on was starting to boss the game. Possessed a goal threat, in addition to being positionally sound and not doing daft tackles.

Raphinha - 9 - MOTM. Even though it was a poorer first half than normal with some flicks that didn't come off, and his general dead ball delivery not on a level with the previous game, he ripped Saints a new one in the second half and I said to the missus as soon as he stepped up for that free kick it was going to be a goal.

Klich - 5 - Ineffective for the main, and clearly he is crocked. With KP and Rodders coming back, Llorente fulfilling 90 minutes, Hernandez getting minutes as well as Tyler and Costa playing well, it's time to give Klich some much deserved R&R to have him back raring to go for our difficult April games.

Roberts - 7 - Thought he played very well linking play, and just wish he'd sort his shooting as he could have had a hatful of goals these last few games.

Harrison - 4 - Poor again from Jack, and not sure what's wrong. Seems to have two or three good games then two or three poor games. Probably needs a rest for Costa to start next game.

Bamford - 7.5 - Harry Potter continues to impress. Well taken shot on his left foot for the goal, and again the result of that through ball run he seems to have mastered this season. Could have done better with the other goal chance on his right peg.

Subs
Costa - 7 - Brought much needed impetus in the second half and was tenacious going forward. Like Roberts, needs to get his shooting boots back on, but was cautiously impressed with him today (though he wasn't challenged so much in the defensive part of his game).

Alioski - 6 - Good impact sub to keep Saints defence busy. Great cross for Hernandez.

Hernandez - 6 - Had a difficult shot on the volley from Alioski's cross and I was willing it to go in for El Mago. Was steady and allowed us to dictate midfield as Saints started to push forward. Experienced heads are perfect for seeing game's out and Pablo did just what was needed.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Meslier 8.5: Another clean sheet for our young goalie. I'm sure he was in some sort of race against time to beat Joe Harts record? and he has done it in style. Its crazy to think he could easily be our goalie for the next 10 years and still have another 8 good years left in his career.

Ayling 7: Got skinned afew time by their young kid who played a blinder for his first game. Ayling is more comfortable in a back 4. Still contributed going forward.

Struijk 7: After a rocky first 20 settled down and got more commending.

Cooper 7.5: Started of shaky like the rest of the defence, but got better defensively has we settled down. A nuisance in the oppositions box again just flicking over.

Dallas 8: Grew into the game like a lot of players, found space on the edge of the box and a lovely controlled toe poke finish. Another great shift.

Llorente 8: I thought he was our only shining light after a poor first half. Nice ball out to Roberts for the goal and could have scored himself. He looked surprised to even be in the box in open play. After everything i am chuffed for him personally.

Raphinha 8.5 Poor first half by his high standards. He would have put that first half chance away 9 out of 10 times normally. Was back to his electric best second half, he gets involved in everything. Great to see him in full flow.

Klich 7: Its like all them hard performances are finally catching up with Klich. Its not his favoured position but i thought he put in some decent defensive work.

Roberts 7.5: You can sense the joy at just playing from Roberts, to be involved is a relief for the kid. He looks like a kid who wants to impress but knows he must also be part of a team. Lovely assist to Bamford, should have scored his chance. I would have buried it, that's how bad he caught it. Needs to settle down and it looks like Bielsa is going to put some faith in him.

Harrison 6: I actually thought he was slightly better than Raph first half once they had swapped back over on the wings. We need a Raph on both sides and we really would be a handful.

Bamford 7: Extra point for his well taken goal. Its another one of them goals that shows he is right at the top of his game. He places it through the defenders legs and then it seems to snail into the far corner. When its going for ya.

subs
Costa 7: Looks like he wants to be part of it again. There was a moment where he ran 60 yards to track back in that second half, that wasn't Costa that was Bielsa ghost somewhere in his psyche. He's getting it at last.

Alioski 6: Looked happy to be part of it. I'm not sure he's gonna get anymore money tho.
Hernandez 6.5: Nice little controlled cameo from Pablo. He's just itching for minutes.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Meslier - 7 - Best game in a Leeds shirt for me.
Ayling - 6 -
Struijk - 6.5
Cooper - 7
Dallas - 7
Llorente - 7
Raphinha - 8.5
Klich - 6.5
Roberts - 8
Harrison - 4
Bamford - 7
subs
Costa - 7
Alioski - 6
Hernandez 6.5
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Meslier - 8
Ayling - 7
Struijk - 7.5
Cooper - 8
Dallas - 8
Llorente - 7.5
Raphinha - 9
Klich - 7
Roberts - 6.5
Harrison - 6.5
Bamford - 7.5

Costa - 8
Alioski - 6
Hernandez - 6.5
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Meslier...8.5
Another stellar performance from our record breaking young GK.
Ayling...6.5
Not the usual involvement from Luke today, though did not see him do anything particularly wrong.
Struijk...7
Slow start, but settled in and produced a solid game. Finding his balance now.
Cooper...8
Coops really playing the leadership role of late. Calm, disciplined and thorough.
Dallas...8.5
His play is so underrated, I feel we would miss him more than KP at times. Superb shift.
Llorente...7.5
Could not be happier for the lad. Full 90 minutes, improved throughout the game. A good sign of things to come.
Raphinha...9 (MotM)
Running out of things to say about Raph.
Klich...5
Thankfully we have some players making their way back, time to let him rest and fully recover.
Roberts...7
I think MB faith in Tyler is justified, definately moving uowards.
Harrison...6
Another off day from Jack...Needs a big game against the Villians.
Bamford...8.5
Back on the score sheet, and an outstanding defensive game when needed. Just a normal day at the office for Paddy this year.
subs
Costa...8
Two good off the bench appearances now for Costa, todays better than the last. Some really telling runs down the right, and a lot grittier play...Really hoping he has re found his mojo.
Alioski...6
Seemed to be a little lost today. Not his usual self.
Hernandez...6.5
Improved on his last bench start, so finding his legs...I hope he can find the net a couple of times before the end of the season. Go out on a high.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Meslier 7
Ayling 7
Struijk 8
Cooper 8
Dallas 9
Llorente 8
Raphinha 9
Klich 6
Roberts 7
Harrison 6
Bamford 7
subs
Costa 7
Alioski 6
Hernandez 7
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Meslier 7.5
Ayling 6
Llorente 7
Cooper 7.5
Struijk 7
Dallas 8.5
Raphinha 9
Klich 5
Roberts 7
Harrison 4
Bamford 7

Costa 7.5
Hernandez 7
Alioski 6.5
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Meslier - 8.5 - Good heavens what a ba7.5rgain this guy was. Still five years short of his prime.
Ayling - 7 - Got better as the game progressed
Llorente - 7.5 - Solid performance; utterly brilliant in the context of his first game back.
Cooper - 7.5 - Showing we're going to have a problem when Koch and Kalvin come back, but a happy problem.
Dallas - 8 - Everywhere. Outstanding goal. Brilliant pass to set Raphinha free.
Struijk - 7 - Solid once again. CB going from one of our thinnest positions to one of our strongest with Pascal, Cooper, Llorente, and Koch (soon, I hope).
Roberts - 7 - Extra half a point for the brilliant pass to set up Bamford's goal.
Klich- 6 - Playing at less than full health. Deserves a rest.
Harrison - 5 - Well........Not his best effort. We'll leave it at that
Bamford - 8.5 - Scored a goal on one end (what a strike!) and saved one off the line on the other when the game was still in doubt.
Raphinha - 9.5 - What more can we say about this guy?
subs
Alioski - 4 - Utterly at sea
Hernandez - 5.5 - meh
Costa - 7 - As good as I've seen him look in a long while
Last edited by John in Louisiana on Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

8 Meslier
7 Ayling
7 Struijk
8 Cooper
8.5 Dallas
8 Llorente
9 Raphinha
5 Klich