Player Ratings v Brighton (a)

Predict the scores...if you can!

- LUFC Match Predictions
- Predict Six
- FA Cup Predictions

Plenty to choose from - dip in and have a go - all MOT members welcome. Just for fun.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Player Ratings v Brighton (a)

Post by 1964white »

Meslier
Dallas
Llorente
Cooper
Firpo
Forshaw
Phillips
Rodrigo
Raphinha
Harrison
James
subs:
Shackleton
Struijk
Roberts
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Player Ratings v Brighton (a)

Post by The Subhuman »

Meslier - 7 - Some regulation saves, one good save but lousy distribution and that knocks him back a bit
Dallas - 5.5 - Better at LB than RB and got more influential as the game went on, defending not great though
Llorente - 5.5 - Poor today, in the air, in possession and with his positioning
Cooper - 5 - Think this is where I tend to score Coop, average to below average
Firpo - 4 - Very poor in defence but a couple of sorties rescued him a touch
Forshaw - 8.5 - Solid, classy and dangerous
Phillips - 7 - Solid
Rodrigo - 6.5 - Mostly poor with moments of very good
Raphinha - 7 - Still dangerous for the most part till he was switched to the left
Harrison - 5.5 - Not at his best again, when he dithers he's not good. Use the force Jack
James - 6.5 - Flashed again but not suited to the lone front man role.

Shackleton - 5 - Bit of a nightmare game for him, very nearly cost us the game but you could say that about most of the defence today
Struijk - 7 - Strong, good passing for the most part.
Roberts - 8 - Up there as one of his best games this season and again on limited time... The only box threat today and by a distance. Takes up much better positions than Paddy or James ...or Rodrigo
Last edited by The Subhuman on Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Meslier - 8.5
Dallas - 5.5
Llorente - 5.5
Cooper - 6
Firpo - 3
Forshaw - 7.5
Phillips - 7
Rodrigo - 6
Raphinha - 7
Harrison - 6
James - 6.5

Shackleton - 6
Struijk - 7
Roberts - 8
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Meslier 6: A couple of decent stops, a couple of fumbles aswell.
Dallas 5: Carried the ball forward ok at times. Looked slow in defence.
Llorente 5: Same has Dallas. I thought all our defence looked pedestrian tonight.
Cooper 5:
Firpo 3: He looked again like a rabbit stuck in headlights. Was Lamptey that good or did Firpo make him look good?
Forshaw 6: Run ragged first half, improved in the second. Missed the ball out to James at the end there unmarked. Completed 90 more minutes.
Phillips 5: Looks unsettled at the minute, does he like his new role? he was supporting a shiner so maybe him and Bielsa have had words.
Rodrigo 4: He's not worth a starting place in midfield. Seems to get a easy ride of the fans and i'm not sure why. He's been a flop so far...I mean the fans have sing a song about him.
Raphinha 5: Poor game from our best player. If he starts to go backwards we are knackered.
Harrison 5: I thought Jack was ok again. He looks tho like he has also run out of steam.
James 4: Hardly any impact again. Not a striker. Where has that winger from last week gone already?
subs:
Shackleton 3: His worst game for a while. Nearly cost us a goal by laying the ball on for a Btn player. He was poor in possession today.
Struijk 5: A lot of wasted passes and ran himself into trouble a few times but at least he looked hungry for it.
Roberts 6: The only player who looked like scoring the whole game. Probably the pick of a very bad bunch today.

Brighton are a frustrating team to watch. A point is better than nothing.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Meslier 7: some excellent stops and we have him mainly to thank for our clean sheet (as well as Brighton’s rubbish finishing.
Dallas 5: tried and tried but nowhere near his best.
Llorente 4: looked slow and ponderous today.
Cooper 5: nought special.
Firpo 3: eaten alive in the 1st half by Lamptey just couldn’t cope. Fortunately Lamptey ran out of steam 2nd half.
Forshaw 6: half decent 2nd half display.
Phillips 5: nowhere near his best at the moment, don’t know why he was taken off though.
Rodrigo 3: never in the game again.
Raphinha 5: tried hard but double marked throughout and therefore not much effect on the game.
Harrison 4: tried hard but poor.
James 4: not a striker.

Subs
Shackleton 2: his worst ever game
Struijk 5.5: at least he got involved
Roberts 6: at least he gave the opposition something to think about but even when playing ok is hampered by persistent bad luck.
dester23
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by dester23 »

Meslier- 9. Saved us today
Dallas. 8. Another good game from dallas, better the second half than the first.
Llorente. 5. Average
Cooper. 5. The same
Firpo. 3. I don't know what is haopening to him, looks like a league one player.
Kalvin Philips. 4. Worst Kalvin performance on the premier league
Forshaw. 7 Good game for him. He was class.
Rodrigo. 4. A player of his category should impact more in the game. He just disappared.
Harrison. 4. A step back from the last game.
Raphinha. 5. Bad game for him, but at least created a little of danger.
James. 5 Runs o lot. Makes a lot of bad decisions.
Bench.
Shack.5. Missed lot of passes. Decent in defense
Struijk. 7. Played good but lacks of creative mind in the final third.(normal for a cb)
Roberts. 8. Really good game for him. He did not loss the ball and created a lot of chances. Unlucky for not scoring. Maybe his best performance this year.
wilsdenwhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by wilsdenwhite »

Meslier 7.5 - We returned with a point and it was largely thanks to him.

Dallas 6 - Worked. Tried. Put in a shift. A decent game but that's all.

Llorente 5.5 - Struggled with Brighton's pacey attack numerous times. Distribution lacking.

Cooper 6 - Treading a fine line at times with his arms around the opposition and a few handball shouts against him but luckily got away with everything.

Firpo 4 - A game to forget. Or rather a half. Disappointing.

Phillips 5.5 - Dropped in standard somewhat after his dominating Spurs performance.

Forshaw 7 - Another good performance and the best of the outfield players. Solid and dependable.

Rodrigo 5.5 - Still waiting for him to live up to his price tag. He's had the games now, he's had his chances but for whatever reason just.. Arghhh. We've seen flashes of what he can do but that is all and I think we have seen as good as it is going to get and it's not good enough. For the price we paid he is leaning more towards being a flop than anything else. Someone saw Orta coming last year. We'll be lucky to get back a half of what we paid if he leaves anytime soon.

Raphina 6 - Could not affect the game and could do little with the ball when he had it, which wasn't often.

Harrison 5 - Could not get going at all and had no impact whatsoever.

James 6 - Lone striker role? Our survey said: X

Subs

Shackleton 5 - So nearly cost u dearly. What was he thinking there?

Struijk 6 - Tried to get us going forward at least.

Roberts 6 - Tried and worked the Brighton defenders a few times. Had one really good chance to score when played in by Forshaw but his shot was well saved.
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I won't be giving some of those players a high mark of 3 or 4 out of ten :shock:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:28 pm Phillips - 7 - Solid
What he was doing when Maupay blazed over I will never know. He wasn't marking anyone else, wasn't trying to cut a cross out he just completely switched off and left Maupay completely unmarked. I'm not surprised Bielsa decided to replace him with Struyk. I hope the shock of being taken off gives him the kick up the ar$e that it did in Bielsa's first season and he gets back to playing to his best. He has generally been a shadow of the player he was this season. I hop it is more just a bit of mental fatigue after not really having a break the last 2 summers rather than him thinking he is better than us and better than Bielsa. If Bielsa hadn't come to Leeds when he did then KP would have probably ended up as just an average championship midfielder or even dropped down to league 1 or 2.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

weasel wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:48 am What he was doing when Maupay blazed over I will never know. He wasn't marking anyone else, wasn't trying to cut a cross out he just completely switched off and left Maupay completely unmarked. I'm not surprised Bielsa decided to replace him with Struyk. I hope the shock of being taken off gives him the kick up the ar$e that it did in Bielsa's first season and he gets back to playing to his best. He has generally been a shadow of the player he was this season. I hop it is more just a bit of mental fatigue after not really having a break the last 2 summers rather than him thinking he is better than us and better than Bielsa. If Bielsa hadn't come to Leeds when he did then KP would have probably ended up as just an average championship midfielder or even dropped down to league 1 or 2.
Might be a knock on from his after match comments last week?
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Johnboy1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnboy1965 »

Meslier 8
Dallas 6
Llorente 5
Cooper 6
Firpo 1
Forshaw 5
Phillips 5
Rodrigo 3
Raphinha 4
Harrison 3
James 4
subs:
Shackleton 4
Struijk 6
Roberts 7
1964white

Post by 1964white »

8 Meslier - once again saved by our young overworked keeper
5 Dallas - not at his best
6 Llorente - "why I'm I not in the middle boss"?
5 Cooper - did his best to give a penalty away
1 Firpo - send him back to Barca juniors
7 Forshaw - Radz's new signing controlling the midfield on his own
4 Phillips - what's up lad?
2 Rodrigo - where was our most expensive signing?
4 Raphinha - fancy a team starving the star player of the ball
3 Harrison - you thought you were fast Jack?
3 James - outdone by Brighton's speed merchant, "I not a CF boss, Dunk & Webster had a nice easy day"
subs:
3 Shackleton - schoolboy antics from Jamie
7 Struijk - "I'm better than you think I am Mr Bielsa"
8 Roberts - That's more like it, unlucky not to score. Two great saves from Sanchez the seagull.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Top 3

1. Meslier
2. Roberts
3. Forshaw