Leeds United v Crystal Palace Player Ratings

Predict the scores...if you can!

- LUFC Match Predictions
- Predict Six
- FA Cup Predictions

Plenty to choose from - dip in and have a go - all MOT members welcome. Just for fun.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Leeds United v Crystal Palace Player Ratings

Post by The Subhuman »

Meslier
Dallas
Llorente
Cooper
Struijk
Phillips
Forshaw
Klich
Raphinha
James
Roberts

Rodrigo
Firpo
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds United v Crystal Palace Player Rankings

Post by The Subhuman »

Meslier - 8 - One cracking save and was across to cover the Benteke header imo. Apart form that nothing to do
Dallas Y - 8.5 - Excellent and got better as the game went on, Ayling might struggle to get his place back
Struijk Y - Subbed injured - 7 - Off at the half but was having a good game
Llorente - 8 - Best game for a while, sublime positioning
Cooper - 7.5 - Flick on header for the pen and solid for the most part
Phillips - 8 - Started fast before dropping back to sweeper. More like Kalvin
Forshaw - 8 - I'd say key now in the centre, if he had more pace he'd be very dangerous.
Klich - Subbed - 6.5 - Quiet game, nothing wrong with the performance though
Raphinha - 9.5 - Outstanding after the early misplaced passes, pitch looked slick though and he figured it out magnificently
James - 8 - Non stop, he's the Alioski replacement and I think he gets better in the system. Unlucky
Roberts - Y - 8 - Bad miss early but grew into the game, a player CP had to foul to stop and he's maybe played his way into starting some more.

Rodrigo - 6.5 - Decent, caught in two minds on a few occasions though
Firpo - Y - 8 - That awful pass when he first came on gave me dreams of Brighton but he came back well and showed all kinds of quality and class. Needs game time and should start v Newcastle. I like he got involved
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Meslier 7: That grab where he gets wrong footed and had to readjust his position was brilliant. Steady afternoon for him as Palace choose to sit back and hit us on the odd break.
Dallas 8: Great shift from Dallas, kept their best player Zaha relatively quite for the most part and got forward well.
Llorente 8: His best game for a while put himself about well.
Cooper 7: Good solid game from Coops. Won the crucial penalty.
Struijk 6: Got skinned a few times first half but solid in the tackle and even tried to get forward. Needs to cut out the bookings.
Phillips 7: Much better from Phillips. Back to that strong tackling we all enjoy not quite at his best in dictating play and still looks a little sluggish.
Forshaw 9: What can you say about this kid. I thought he was excellent today in midfield in keeping things under control. Dare i say it he is reminding me of batty without the bite. To say he's been out for such a long time aswell. Left it all out on the pitch. He will be sore tomorrow.
Klich 5: Nothing really worked for Klich in that first half. I thought with Palace sitting off it was made for him but never got going.
Raphinha 7: Not his best game by far but that cross field ball to James was immense and Rodrigo should have scored. Pressure? What pressure.... What a penalty.
James 8: That's more like it again more direct running down the channels, linked play well and worked hard for the team. Lacking final ball first half but played in Rodrigo who should have scored.
Roberts 6: Still not convinced personally but he was left to feed off scraps first half. Worked hard without standing out. Nice to see him get a good reception when he left the field. Didn't do owt wrong i just think Joe is a better player.

Rodrigo 5: We improved as a team second half with a bit more urgency. Was it down to Rodrigo? I will let others decide. Made a mess of the chance laid on by James. Low in confidence.
Firpo 5: Some nervous moments when he first came on. Got booked almost instantly, one ball he played back into defence was a show stopper for all the wrong reasons. Improved when he settled down. He needs to get a feel for the game. I dread the games coming up. Another who looks shot on confidence.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Meslier 7.5: goalkeeping excellent as ever, 1/2 pt deducted for his distribution - not the best
Dallas 8: had his hands full with Zaha, kept his concentration brilliantly
Struijk 5: had his hands full with Ayou and probably lost the battle - lucky with the penalty decision
Llorente 7.5: good game again
Cooper 8: very solid defensively, 1/2 pt added for the pen assist
Phillips 7.5: that’s more like it Kalvin
Forshaw 8: very busy, all action performance
Klich 5: some neat touches but not good enough at the moment
Raphinha 9: match winner
James 8: great game looks a lot more at home on the wing
Roberts 6: did just ok but never looks like scoring when a striker (even when given that great chance by Dallas) nor creating much when playing attacking midfield

Rodrigo 6: bad miss sums him up for me
Firpo 7: looked better tonight but still not 100% sold on him
Cresswell n/a
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Meslier 8: Another excellent game
Dallas 8.5: Got better and better as the game wore on.
Struijk 6: Obviously better suited to play in the middle and not out on the wing.
Llorente 7.5: Solid, if unspectacular, performance. Just what you want out of a center back
Cooper 7.5: See Llorente
Phillips 8: The Kalvin we have come to know and love
Forshaw 8: This new signing has been really good so far and seems to get better with every game.
Klich 6: A non-factor, either for good or ill
Raphinha 8.5: The Raphinha we have come to know and love
James 8: His speed on the wing was irrepressible.
Roberts 6.5: Pretty good, but just a step slow when it came time to finish.

Rodrigo 6.5: Did well, but a bad miss
Firpo 7: Gave away a free kick in a very dangerous spot right off the bat, but improved dramatically. Too much pace for them to cope with.
Cresswell n/a
Johnboy1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnboy1965 »

Meslier 8
Dallas 8
Llorente 8
Cooper 8
Struijk 6
Phillips 7
Forshaw 8
Klich 6
Raphinha 8
James 7
Roberts 6

Rodrigo 5
Firpo 6
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Meslier - 7, didn't have an awful lot to do, but did what he had to do well. Distribution needs work
Dallas - 8.5, back to the old Stuart, great battle with Zaha (who is a handful), bags of energy
Llorente - 7, cool, calm and collected, rarely looks rushed or under pressure
Cooper - 7, solid game for the skipper, won the penalty
Stuijk - 5, was getting a bit of a roasting from Ayew before he came off injured. I rate him, but he's not a left back
Phillips - 7, not great but not bad, gets an extra half point for putting Redknapp and Co back in their boxes after the game
Forshaw - 7.5, put in a shift, impressive given how long he's been out, decent pass on him, pity he has no pace and can't shoot straight
Klich - 5, poor from him, thought he was anonymous before he went off
James - 7.5, had bags of joy down the left, but let down by final ball on occasion.
Raphina - 8, the one player we have that makes things happen. Great touches, a few great passes and cool penalty
Roberts - 7, one of his better games, I thought, though he never looked like scoring. Worked hard all night

Firpo - 6.5, nightmare start, but grew into the second half. Liked his link up with James
Rodrigo - 6.5, he's a good player, but his confidence is shot. Did some good things, but should have scored.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:06 am Roberts - 7, one of his better games, I thought, though he never looked like scoring. Worked hard all night
Thank you Nick, my sentiments too :tup:

Fans around me in the kop, thought Roberts put in a decent shift.

TR is never going to score many goals, but that goes for the rest of our team apart from Raphinha!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Given a run in the first team I think Tyler could score double figures from midfield over a season.. Hes' certainly ahead of Rodrigo for me as the 10, maybe level with Gelhardt for that spot. He does rob a lot of defenders of the ball to be fair and gets fouled a lot which suggests defenders have trouble with him
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Meslier 7.5 couple of crucial saves, but not tested often
Dallas 8.5 managed zaha very well and up and down the pitch all game
Llorente 6 did ok
Cooper 7 solid
Struijk 5 struggled with ayew
Phillips 7.5 solid if unspectacular, made a number of big tackles
Forshaw 8 kept us ticking nicely as his recovery continues
Klich 6 quiet
Raphinha 8 cool as ice for the pen, but quiet before
James 9 fantastic second half, caused palace so many problems
Roberts 6 offered nothing all game, but also received little support

Rodrigo 4 just no
Firpo 5 looked scared the whole half, got better towards the end though
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Mes-7
Dallas-8
Llorente-7
Cooper-7
Struijk-5
KP-7
Raph-8.5
Klich-6
Forshaw-7
James-7.5
Roberts-7

Firpo-6.5
Rodrigo-6
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

8.0 Meslier - on a clean sheet roll
9.0 Dallas - had Zaha in his pocket
7.5 Llorente - a couple of awkward moments
7.0 Cooper - how Coops wasn't booked for a couple of blatant body chargers astounded me
6.0 Struijk - struggled a bit up against the diving Ayew
7.5 Phillips - back to form
8.0 Forshaw - reminds me of a terrier biting ankles all over the park
5.0 Klich - ineffective, is this Klich's final season at Leeds?
8.5 Raphinha - his class once again on show for all to see
8.5 James - probably his best game in a Leeds shirt
7.0 Roberts - worked hard, particularly in the last thirty minutes when Palace legs were tiring
subs :
5.0 Rodrigo - disappointing!
6.5 Firpo - settled down after a nervy start, didn't have anyone running at pace against him though
[
1964white

Re: Leeds United v Crystal Palace Player Ratings

Post by 1964white »

Top 3

1. Dallas
2. Raphinha
3. Forshaw