Salim Lamrani breaks silence to deliver rallying call to Leeds United fans

Comment on MarchingOnTogether.co.uk news stories.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Salim Lamrani breaks silence to deliver rallying call to Leeds United fans

Post by YorkshireSquare »

If there was anyone at the club last season who intrigued fans as much as Marcelo Bielsa then it was Salim Lamrani. Doctor of Iberian and Latin American Studies at the Paris Sorbonne University, lecturer at the University of La Réunion, specializing in relations between Cuba and the United States, contributor to the Huffington Post and for the 2018-2019 Marcelo Bielsa’s translator at Leeds United. Lamrani first linked up with Beilsa at Lille and was described by French newspaper Le Monde as 'the most overqualified man in Ligue 1', that certainly made him the most overqualified person in the Championship.

Lamrani was like a fan on the inside of the club last season, genuinely excited about being at the club, sharing every moment with the fans and players. As much as the fans regarded him the players clearly regarded him in equal esteem and he built close relationships with many of them. Sadly his relationship with Bielsa soured leading to him not returning this season but it is clear the club still holds a fond place in his heart. So much so he has returned to Twitter to post a rallying call to Leeds United fans.

Dear Leeds United fans,

The first time I heard Leeds United’s anthem “Marching On Together”, I immediately identified myself with your wonderful club because I believe in the values if Unity and Solidarity, especially in times of adversity. Stay strong and keep the faith in your team. Support the lads because they need it and they deserve it. I know them and I can tell you they are good men. Let’s close ranks and we will go back to the promised Land.

MARCHING ON TOGETHER

Salim Lamrani

So there you have it, in our time of adversity we should stay strong, believe our the values if unity and solidarity and keep faith with our good men; Kalvin “The Pitbull” Phillips, Adam "The Unbeatable" Forshaw, Jack "The Arrow" Harrison, Pablo "The Brain" Hernandez, Patrick “The Strong” Bamford, Barry “The Professional” Douglas, Gaetano "The Lion" Berardi, Bill "The Fighter" Ayling, Kiko "El Gato" Casilla, Liam "The Example" Cooper, Gjanni “The Brave” Alioski, Leif “The Rocket” Davis, Jamie "The Tornado" Shackleton, Mateusz "The Lightning" Klich and Stuart "The Generous" Dallas. We will go back to the promised Land.

Re: Salim Lamrani breaks silence to deliver rallying call to Leeds United fans

Post by Guest »

Dont forget Big Kev in all.!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

If only we were as fast as some of our epithets. Interesting, people fall out with MB real easy it seems
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Nice sentiments from Salim. Interesting chap, and pleasing that he retains his affection for Leeds.