Leeds United confirm Pablo Hernandez to leave the club

Comment on MarchingOnTogether.co.uk news stories.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Leeds United confirm Pablo Hernandez to leave the club

Post by YorkshireSquare »

If there is one thing we can thank Garry Monk for it is bringing Pablo Hernandez into our lives. Cast aside at Al-Arabi in Qatar, the move to Elland Road rejuvenated Hernandez and rejuvenated Leeds United. A rare shining star in those Monk, Christianson and Heckingbottom teams it was the arrival of Marcelo Bielsa at Leeds United that really brought out the best in ‘El Mago’. His best years behind him perhaps, but there was no questioning his ability. On his day still one of the best players in the Championship, our heartbeat, our talisman who often pulled something special out of the bag, created a chance out of nothing, scored a wonder goal.

Wherever Pablo played his influence on the team was clear, Leeds just weren’t as creative without him on the pitch. As much as the previous two seasons at Elland Road have been a Bielsa revolution it’s hard to see how that revolution could have been so successful without the magician that is Pablo Hernandez. Injuries meant his playing time was limited towards the end of last season, but those 45 minutes a game drove us onto the title and back to the Premier League for the first time in sixteen years. Chances have been limited further this season and a move back to Spain seemed inevitable but to hear the news of his departure officially is a blow, the end of an era.

We will always have that goal against West Brom, that defining goal against Swansea to remember him and at least 9,000 fans will get a chance to see him pull the strings for Leeds United one final time at Elland Road on Friday. As one of the most talismanic figures in Leeds United’s recent history departs a legend is born. His name will go down in history alongside those of Strachan and Bremner, his place cemented in Leeds United folk law as one of the most important and influential players to pull on the white shirt.

Farewell El Mago, and thank you! :love: :love:

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds United confirm Pablo Hernandez to leave the club

Post by 1964white »

A very sad time.

You are are a hero in my mind, thank you for such great memories 8-)
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Pablo is a genius, my only regret is that Leeds didn’t get to see him blossom under Marcelo earlier in his playing career.

Leeds hero and legend. :clap: :clap: :clap:
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

1964white wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:59 am A very sad time.

You are are a hero in my mind, thank you for such great memories 8-)

Absolutely gutted Leon! Man is a living legend!
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

What can be said about this man, a player that plays the most beautiful football, the nutmeg king, was one of the biggest reasons we eventually got the promotion we deserved. I genuinely have hated the fact he's hardly featured this season a number of games were screaming out for him and it never happened a very sad loss to the club and fans.

Our Magician, many have tried to replace him, none have succeeded we wish you the best of the best for the future as you were that for us, you gave us the Premier League and we hope we have honoured you by the way we have played, please come back one day as our Champions League Winning Manager MOT :cry:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

You do get a feeling that it isn't the end of the story with Leeds and Pablo .
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:30 am Absolutely gutted Leon! Man is a living legend!
Guaranteed I'll be in tears on Sunday, I'll suspect I won't be the only one in ER though :verysad:
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Echo everything that has already been said. A great footballer, a intelligent footballer, a leader on the pitch, scorer of great goals, the best passer we have had since he came to the club, always positive in the way he approaches the game, always looking to make things happen in an attacking sense.

I have always paid Pablo the highest compliment by saying he would improve any side in our history when he's at his best. Just a shame there will not be 40,000 adoring fans there on Sunday to give him the rousing sending off he deserves. There is not many players who can grab a game by the scruff of the neck and completely change the tempo and direction with his vision, he is up there with Strachan in that sense. He was a gem and will always have a positive place in my memory.

Soon gone but never forgotten.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Nobody did more on that pitch to help us secure promotion last season, playing through injury and pain clearly as the season wore on, so much so he could only manage cameos.

Its testament to him that our promotion winning season was only his 2nd best season for us, the season before he was unplayable most of the time and he literally carried the team on his back for that season, he just couldn't quite carry us far enough through no fault of his own.

Imo Pablo that season inspired his teammates to find another level and that was key in our Promotion season.

Nobody wanted to see Pablo crying devastated on the pitch again.

People may scoff but imo he is a Legend.

People may say he cant be mentioned in those terms because of the level he played at or the fact we weren't winning top division titles but that isnt fair imo.

In context of where the club was during his time Pablo is a Legend, the silent leader who dragged the club kicking and screaming back to the top table.

They should name something after him, not a stand or stadium but something.

Thank you Pablo, we love you and we will miss you :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :(
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Currie14
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Currie14 »

So sad to see him go, a wonderful wonderful player, one of our all time favourites. It's been a joy to watch him play. 💖
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Cjay wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:44 pm

People may scoff but imo he is a Legend.

Thank you Pablo, we love you and we will miss you :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :(
Can't add anything to that.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Carrick Dave wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:25 am Pablo is a genius, my only regret is that Leeds didn’t get to see him blossom under Marcelo earlier in his playing career.

Leeds hero and legend. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Absolutely agree!

So sad to see his tenure at Leeds end, but we all knew it were coming. Definitely up there with the Leeds greats in my opinion, even for just THAT goal against Swansea. Pure legend.

Farewell El Mago.
leedsalex
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsalex »

Thanks for the memories Pablo. I'd love to be there on Sunday