Leeds v Ipswich. Team News/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Re: Leeds v Ipswich. Team News/Reports/Ratings

Post by Ronan »

Confidence has returned....long may it last....MOT !!! :shirt: :shirt: :shirt:
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

For the first time in a long time Elland Road felt a happy place to be. The atmosphere was first class throughout the match, everyone seemed to get behind the team,not once did I hear anyone around me criticise any player all game. Leeds started well and the attacking formation was causing the Ipswich defence all sorts of problems, wood went on a bustling run and hammered a shot against the post and he really did look mobile and "up for it", no doubt a confidence thing with his recent run of goals. His goal came after a patient build up down the left and Charlie Taylor's pin point cross was met by Wood who got up high enough to head it down and under the keeper. The crowd responded and cheered him rather than jeered him when he started winning more and more headers. The team as a whole were great today all of them looked more determined and the only thing lacking was more goals as we had plenty of chances but a clean sheet and no bookings or injuries will do me.
I think Gary Monk deserves praise for once,he didn't play square pegs in round holes, all were playing their natural positions and he went for an attacking line up which worked very well.
Next up Bristol City and no reason why, if we have the same eleven, we can't come away from Ashton Gate with a result. Fingers crossed
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

rich_leeds64 wrote:For the first time in a long time Elland Road felt a happy place to be. The atmosphere was first class throughout the match, everyone seemed to get behind the team,not once did I hear anyone around me criticise any player all game. Leeds started well and the attacking formation was causing the Ipswich defence all sorts of problems, wood went on a bustling run and hammered a shot against the post and he really did look mobile and "up for it", no doubt a confidence thing with his recent run of goals. His goal came after a patient build up down the left and Charlie Taylor's pin point cross was met by Wood who got up high enough to head it down and under the keeper. The crowd responded and cheered him rather than jeered him when he started winning more and more headers. The team as a whole were great today all of them looked more determined and the only thing lacking was more goals as we had plenty of chances but a clean sheet and no bookings or injuries will do me.
I think Gary Monk deserves praise for once,he didn't play square pegs in round holes, all were playing their natural positions and he went for an attacking line up which worked very well.
Next up Bristol City and no reason why, if we have the same eleven, we can't come away from Ashton Gate with a result. Fingers crossed
Who was your MOTM Rich ?
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Looks like Wood wanted everything... pretty good attitude from the big man.

rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

1964white wrote:Who was your MOTM Rich ?
There were plenty of contenders today Sacko, Dallas, Philips but for me Chris Wood had one of his best games in a White shirt, making runs, winning headers and holding the ball. Well done Woody 4 in 4
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rich_leeds64 wrote:There were plenty of contenders today Sacko, Dallas, Philips but for me Chris Wood had one of his best games in a White shirt, making runs, winning headers and holding the ball. Well done Woody 4 in 4
Phillips has made significant improvement this season Rich in a position where there is a lot of competition for places
LUFC 1966
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by LUFC 1966 »

This is my first post so I thought it should be a match report. Having sat through some functional but unexciting football over the last few seasons I expected another boring game. However I was pleasantly surprised. We started brightly and defended our lead brilliantly but once again failed to bury a team we had on the rack. here are my scores on the doors:

Green : 6 Did what was required , no big saves required.
Ayling: 6.5 Got forward more , needs to provide better crosses
Bartley: 7 immense , cleaned up beautifully
Jansson: 7 not as good as normal, Best beat him in the air a few times. But still strong in the tackle.
Taylor: 7 best game of the season for CT. Got forward more and put in the peach of a cross for Wood.
O'Kane: 7.5 this man was everywhere , asking for the ball and tidying up in midfield. A bargain at any price.
Phillips:6.5 Better performance in a position to which he is suited, Why he was played as a number 10 on Tuesday is beyond me.Great free kick
Dallas: 7.5 Coming good at last . would like to see some shots and goals from Stuart.
Sacko: 6 The man is an enigma. Great skills but nearly broke the windows at Graveleys with one shot. Needs to find an end product.
Hernandez 8 Pulled the strings and looks a class act. Some passes are a different gravy but some of our players are not at that level.
Wood: 8.5 MOTM Works his socks off every game and gets no acknowledgement fromsome quarters. Unlucky with his shot early doors but buried the chance when the ball was put in front of him to attack. For too long we have not crossed the ball in front of the big man and expecthim to trap , turn beat 2 men and score. He has his flaws but remember Robbie Keane was a 1 goal in 7 chance man and everyoneloved him.
Roofe: 6 Not much time to showcase his skills but what he does he does well.
Grimes: 6 Good player however not going to change games
Mowatt: 6 Better than Tuesday's performance when he looked like he was running in treacle.

4 in a row ---- in form Brizzle city on Tuesday . Fingers crossed for another result.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

Superb performance and a great result we should have won by 3 or 4 goals. The football we have played over the last 3-4 games has been at times some of the best I have ever seen at Elland Road. We are trying different things during the game, passing the ball incredibly well and winning it back very quickly, we are becoming more and more creative and we are having plenty of shots at goal. My feet stay on the ground, however, as we have a tough game at Bristol City coming up were a point would be a great result. The aim still has to be the top 10, however, I am seeing some serious progress under Garry.
My Player Ratings:
Green 7- Very little to do didn't have a save to make, however, in the last 10 minutes he had to judge and catch a few long balls forward and judged them all well.
Ayling 7- Wasn't tested much defensively, however, got forward very well.
Bartley 8- Excellent again.
Jansson 8- Another perfect performance from Pontus.
Taylor 8- Defended very well against Grant Ward and a superb cross for Chris Wood's goal.
Phillips 6- Unfortunately Kalvin didn't have a great game.
O'Kane 8- His range of passing and ability to win the ball back so quickly is incredible. Eunan is like a mix of Adam Clayton and Neil Kilkenny.
Sacko 7- He would have got a much higher rating, however, his final ball at times was poor. Such an exciting player to watch.
Hernandez 6- Second half Pablo was able to find some superb passes.
Dallas 6- Had a good first half, however, was very quiet in the second half.
Wood 8- Man Of The Match We've got Chris Wood, the big man Chris Wood, I just don't think you understand, he's super Gaz's man he's better than Zlatan, we've got the big man Chris Wood. :scarf1: :scarf2: (My new song idea a remix of the Dimitri Payet song :lol:)
Substitutions:
Roofe 6- Created a good chance, however, wasn't able to have much of an impact on the game.
Mowatt and Grimes not on pitch long enough to rate.
My VLOG of the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wuxXMPPk_Q
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gary Shaw wrote:Superb performance and a great result we should have won by 3 or 4 goals. The football we have played over the last 3-4 games has been at times some of the best I have ever seen at Elland Road. We are trying different things during the game, passing the ball incredibly well and winning it back very quickly, we are becoming more and more creative and we are having plenty of shots at goal. My feet stay on the ground, however, as we have a tough game at Bristol City coming up were a point would be a great result. The aim still has to be the top 10, however, I am seeing some serious progress under Garry.
My Player Ratings:
Green 7- Very little to do didn't have a save to make, however, in the last 10 minutes he had to judge and catch a few long balls forward and judged them all well.
Ayling 7- Wasn't tested much defensively, however, got forward very well.
Bartley 8- Excellent again.
Jansson 8- Another perfect performance from Pontus.
Taylor 8- Defended very well against Grant Ward and a superb cross for Chris Wood's goal.
Phillips 6- Unfortunately Kalvin didn't have a great game.
O'Kane 8- His range of passing and ability to win the ball back so quickly is incredible. Eunan is like a mix of Adam Clayton and Neil Kilkenny.
Sacko 7- He would have got a much higher rating, however, his final ball at times was poor. Such an exciting player to watch.
Hernandez 6- Second half Pablo was able to find some superb passes.
Dallas 6- Had a good first half, however, was very quiet in the second half.
Wood 8- Man Of The Match We've got Chris Wood, the big man Chris Wood, I just don't think you understand, he's super Gaz's man he's better than Zlatan, we've got the big man Chris Wood. :scarf1: :scarf2: (My new song idea a remix of the Dimitri Payet song :lol:)
Substitutions:
Roofe 6- Created a good chance, however, wasn't able to have much of an impact on the game.
Mowatt and Grimes not on pitch long enough to rate.
My VLOG of the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wuxXMPPk_Q
Someone wearing a David Norris shirt :shock: :roflmao:

Give us a rendition of the Chris Wood song in your next blog :sing: