Norwich v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Norwich v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:I don't want to get carried away with how it's going but for the first time since our first season back up I'm getting optimistic about our chances of getting into the play offs at the end of the season, long way to go and it's a unforgiving league, you can't afford to have a bad patch for too long, plenty of teams ready to take advantage, still all very tight but the fact we are becoming so difficult to break down is encouraging and now we seem to have the knack of scoring late goals rather than the last few seasons where we always looked like conceding them. IF we can keep the services of our loanees and add a couple of quality signings in January then who knows. Large gates and the support fully behind the team will make a massive difference too, players feel anxiety from the terraces and become frightened of making a mistake, not wanting the ball, now everyone wants to be part of it. I'm particularly happy for our superb supporters like Leon, East York White, Gary Shaw and Rich and increasingly Gurj plus any I've forgotten, who follow the team the length and breadth of the Country enduring some absolute shite over the last 3/4 seasons, happy they can go away with some hope of seeing a performance to make their time efforts and costs worth while.
Thanks Ges :tup:
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Here! Here! mate well done and said Gessa .
This season is on the turn ( pleases), and your comment is spot on too. I can't w watch the team really this few years in the flesh either but am always in there in spirit as they say. A hard hard slog is this league and winning it is as hard to predict. Right now top 2-3 places are up for grabs and just maybe? But emphasis seems all about strenthning in window, for me the real question? How many players? 2 or 3 possible only 1, now that is improvement well done Gary monk. MOT all you Leeds fans.
Charity Shield 69
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Charity Shield 69 »

What a brilliant way to go into the international break - on a run taking us into the top 6, next up NUFC, and already booked for Anfield and a cup quarter final.

Nice time to have a mini reflection on progress over the first third of the season.

We have a number of players playing well, including a few who are clearly in the upper echelon of Championship players, and good players to return to the squad - Dallas and then the skipper.

And a nice little bonus to achieve these recent milestones by stitching up those yellow birds in the most heart wrenching of ways for them, strangely young Vieira being the final executioner in each case.

This all makes for a very enjoyable leadup to an intense, challenging & exciting run of games, mostly on TV I think, when we resume in front of what should be a rocking ER crowd.

Cheers,
CS69
Cheers,
CS69
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

gessa wrote:I don't want to get carried away with how it's going but for the first time since our first season back up I'm getting optimistic about our chances of getting into the play offs at the end of the season, long way to go and it's a unforgiving league, you can't afford to have a bad patch for too long, plenty of teams ready to take advantage, still all very tight but the fact we are becoming so difficult to break down is encouraging and now we seem to have the knack of scoring late goals rather than the last few seasons where we always looked like conceding them. IF we can keep the services of our loanees and add a couple of quality signings in January then who knows. Large gates and the support fully behind the team will make a massive difference too, players feel anxiety from the terraces and become frightened of making a mistake, not wanting the ball, now everyone wants to be part of it. I'm particularly happy for our superb supporters like Leon, East York White, Gary Shaw and Rich and increasingly Gurj plus any I've forgotten, who follow the team the length and breadth of the Country enduring some absolute shite over the last 3/4 seasons, happy they can go away with some hope of seeing a performance to make their time efforts and costs worth while.

and it's all Massimo Cellino' fault
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

gessa wrote:I'm particularly happy for our superb supporters like Leon, East York White, Gary Shaw and Rich and increasingly Gurj plus any I've forgotten, who follow the team the length and breadth of the Country enduring some absolute shite over the last 3/4 seasons, happy they can go away with some hope of seeing a performance to make their time efforts and costs worth while.
He missed a game the other week you know - bloody part timer :wink:
gessa

Post by gessa »

weasel wrote:He missed a game the other week you know - bloody part timer :wink:
Yes I know, was loath to put him in the list really but didn't want to upset the old fella.
gessa

Post by gessa »

paddy parrott wrote:Here! Here! mate well done and said Gessa .
This season is on the turn ( pleases), and your comment is spot on too. I can't w watch the team really this few years in the flesh either but am always in there in spirit as they say. A hard hard slog is this league and winning it is as hard to predict. Right now top 2-3 places are up for grabs and just maybe? But emphasis seems all about strenthning in window, for me the real question? How many players? 2 or 3 possible only 1, now that is improvement well done Gary monk. MOT all you Leeds fans.
That's the cruncher Paddy, don't want to upset the balance of the team but the bench needs to be stronger, Grimes coming on doesn't thrill me, but who comes and perhaps at the moment more importantly who stays. If we need to sell Taylor to bring in Pontus and Hernandez then so be it, we'd miss them more than him.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:He missed a game the other week you know - bloody part timer :wink:
Glad i didn't miss the game yesterday, long old day but well worth it as has to go down one of the best games since we were relegated to the championship, fantastic atmosphere too :-D
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:That's the cruncher Paddy, don't want to upset the balance of the team but the bench needs to be stronger, Grimes coming on doesn't thrill me, but who comes and perhaps at the moment more importantly who stays. If we need to sell Taylor to bring in Pontus and Hernandez then so be it, we'd miss them more than him.
I doubt Grimes will get a look-in once Bridcutt & Dallas are fit again
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:Yes I know, was loath to put him in the list really but didn't want to upset the old fella.
Btw this old fella had a delicious lunch on our stop-off about 20 miles from Norwich

Chicken & mushroom risotto in a creamy garlic sauce followed by a light chocolate brownie with a mixture of fruit on top & ice-cream :-D
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:Btw this old fella had a delicious lunch on our stop-off about 20 miles from Norwich

Chicken & mushroom risotto in a creamy garlic sauce followed by a light chocolate brownie with a mixture of fruit on top & ice-cream :-D
Washed down with a Makeson and Vimto :wink:
hector

Post by hector »

1964white wrote:Btw this old fella had a delicious lunch on our stop-off about 20 miles from Norwich

Amazing the pot noodle flavours these days innit??
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote:I doubt Grimes will get a look-in once Bridcutt & Dallas are fit again
Did Grimes set up a chance at the death which Sacko should have converted?
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

gessa wrote:Yes I know, was loath to put him in the list really but didn't want to upset the old fella.
You shouldn't have worried as he is hardly ever on the forum these days either.....
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:Washed down with a Makeson and Vimto :wink:
Ordered one of these to wash the meal down however it didn't look this, totally flat more like a pint of cold tea. Waitress offer me an alternative, can't stand lager & struggle to drink other beers nowadays so she very kindly gave me a refund :lol:
Screenshot 2016-11-06 at 17.31.41.png
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

A great performance all round but the only the downside for me was the stupidity Jannson showed after scoring his goal which earned him a deserved booking like i said last week he wants to cut out the cheerleading thats two stupid bookings he has recieved the other one at Bristol city for a central defender to get bookings for this is crackers at this rate he will soon be suspende only hope Monk hits him with a massive fine for it after all its easy to get a booking these days.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote:A great performance all round but the only the downside for me was the stupidity Jannson showed after scoring his goal which earned him a deserved booking like i said last week he wants to cut out the cheerleading thats two stupid bookings he has recieved the other one at Bristol city for a central defender to get bookings for this is crackers at this rate he will soon be suspende only hope Monk hits him with a massive fine for it after all its easy to get a booking these days.
Agree 100% I never understand why players remove shirts to get bookings etc. For Pontus to go into the crowd was straightaway a definite yellow and I think he is only now 1 yellow away from a ban and as a defender it is very easy to pick up cautions without doing it through stupidity.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:Did Grimes set up a chance at the death which Sacko should have converted?
Yes but I do feel Grimes is going to find himself behind the likes of Bridcutt, Phillips, Vieira, Dallas Roofe, Hernandez, Sacko for a place in our midfield unless he is given a large chunk of a game to prove himself & also makes a significant impact. Really hope he comes good !
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Unfortunately I wasn't at the game yesterday and while I'm lucky to be able to listen to Radio Leeds it's not the same as being at the match. It's great then to read on here the match reports and positive posts about how good we are becoming as a team, it really has turned around over the last few months and I'm sure we're all the same in that we look forward eagerly to the next game knowing that we're going to compete rather than just turn up.

Yesterday's result took me back to my first visit to Carrow Road in August 1980 as a 15 year old. The game was during the Adamson out campaign and all game these were the chants I heard led by a certain Gary Edwards and his Kippax mates. The game itself ended as it did on Saturday 3-2 to Leeds with goals from Arthur Graham Terry Connor and Paul Hart. Alex Sabella played a blinder that day for us. As always after a great away win the journey home goes by in a blink unlike after a defeat.
I can imagine the feeling in the stands yesterday after watching that display, it's always special when they've all put in a good shift at a fancied team.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rich_leeds64 wrote:Unfortunately I wasn't at the game yesterday and while I'm lucky to be able to listen to Radio Leeds it's not the same as being at the match. It's great then to read on here the match reports and positive posts about how good we are becoming as a team, it really has turned around over the last few months and I'm sure we're all the same in that we look forward eagerly to the next game knowing that we're going to compete rather than just turn up.

Yesterday's result took me back to my first visit to Carrow Road in August 1980 as a 15 year old. The game was during the Adamson out campaign and all game these were the chants I heard led by a certain Gary Edwards and his Kippax mates. The game itself ended as it did on Saturday 3-2 to Leeds with goals from Arthur Graham Terry Connor and Paul Hart. Alex Sabella played a blinder that day for us. As always after a great away win the journey home goes by in a blink unlike after a defeat.
I can imagine the feeling in the stands yesterday after watching that display, it's always special when they've all put in a good shift at a fancied team.
It was special Rich :tup: