[size=150]Leeds make the 50 mile trip down the M62 on Saturday to the University of Bolton Stadium to face the Trotters.
23rd place Bolton will still be reeling having suffered defeat against Leeds promotion rivals Norwich deep into injury time last weekend.
Marcelo Bielsa will be under pressure to give game time to Patrick Bamford who scored a hattrick against Burnley's U23's on Monday. Izzy Brown opened his account for Leeds during the same game and will surely be given a slot on the bench.
Mateusz Klich is under pressure having not impressed over the last three games.
Youngsters Shackleton (right back) and Halme (centre back) look likely to retain their places in defence.[/size]
Attachments
zumjc8.jpg (90.5 KiB) Viewed 4854 times
Last edited by Ellandback1 on Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:01 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Away from home, is where I see Clarke starting, less pressure, not sure it’ll be this weekend, but away against a poor side is as good a chance as any, if he has any thoughts on starting him soon.
You would think it a good thing for his development to start a game, how else do you gain match fitness at this level? I’ll trust the bosses judgement though! Working out quite well as an impact player,
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
I doubt there will be any changes from last week's line up unless he starts Halme and moves Phillips up to his holding role in front of the back four.
The will mean dropping either Forshaw or more likely Saiz. Other than that it will be the same.
Which means Alioski will once again start (groan) but I expect both Clarke and Bamford will get some game time and probably Saiz as well.
The others will warm the bench.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Chilli D wrote: ↑Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:10 am
I doubt there will be any changes from last week's line up unless he starts Halme and moves Phillips up to his holding role in front of the back four.
Hope Bielsa does, it's worked for us the majority of this season
Whats this rubbish about Klich ?! Under pressure my @r$*
Brown wont be ready to start for at least another 2 or 3 weeks ; one thing playing an U23 game, another starting a championship game after 11 months out.
Can see Brown being eased in gradually with 15/20 minute appearances of the bench to replace the likes of Saiz or Klich. No need to rush him back given his injury. After that injuries/suspensions may well dictate team selection rather than Bielsa having to make choices.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm
I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm
Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
Gurj wrote: ↑Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:57 pm
Whats this rubbish about Klich ?! Under pressure my @r$*
Brown wont be ready to start for at least another 2 or 3 weeks ; one thing playing an U23 game, another starting a championship game after 11 months out.
Agree Gurj
Klich is ahead in the pecking order above Saiz, Alioski, Forshaw & Brown out of our midfielders, Mateusz is an important cog of our team. Right now Pablo & Klich are automatics imo!